Thread: Shirley

Default Shirley

I guess I missed it, but what happened to Shirley on the summer nationals tour? He’s missed a couple now I believe.

He’s running the Lucas Oil races this weekend!
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

That SN points thing is no big deal. Rarely do guys like Shirley or Pierce need a provisional against regional competition so the pic and chose schedule makes sense.
    8/13/16

I appreciate the info guys. I guess with him having a couple SN titles I thought he would chase the points more, but I honestly don’t see how anyone could afford to run that series. A lot of traveling almost everyday, and low purses.

If it was up to Bob Cullen I think they would have been done after Kankakee. It just make too much sense for him to run that close to home for that purse money.

Quote Originally Posted by CILDirt View Post
    If it was up to Bob Cullen I think they would have been done after Kankakee. It just make too much sense for him to run that close to home for that purse money.
    I might be a little confused... They would have not gone to Tri-City the night after Kankakee or the following night at Fairbury? Both were $10,000 to win and there was nothing else in the midwest for any more money. I might be misunderstanding...

Quote Originally Posted by Action10 View Post
    I might be a little confused... They would have not gone to Tri-City the night after Kankakee or the following night at Fairbury? Both were $10,000 to win and there was nothing else in the midwest for any more money. I might be misunderstanding...
    Shirley knows he cant beat Pierce so he is giving up to go chase other events. The championships he did win were ones Pierce was not running the whole series. If Brian thought he had a shot he would still be running the Hell tour.

Is Pierce going to be able to win the championship?
    2021 race count
    6 events

I doubt Pierce misses the week at I-80, which conflicts with a week on the SN. Championship will then come down to Tanner English and Ashton Winger.

Gotta give Winger a ton of credit for sticking it out like he has
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

The points is the best 31 races out of 36 so driver can miss 5 nights and still win.

Originally, but I doubt they get to 31 with all the rainouts.

I think I saw a stipulation in there that said if they run less than 30 events due to rainouts and or other cancellations the points are straight up the way they are.
    2021 race count
    6 events