Default That was the stupidest thing I've seen Owens do

He drove into Oberkramer out of frustration and wrecked himself and Clanton.

Did he drive into him out of frustration or did Oberkramer not hit the gas?

Oberkramer checked up, but it looked like Owens had already decided he was going to take him out.

I revoke my stupid comment, I really thought he drove into him out of anger.

Crazy how he's went from winning the championship last year to 10th in points and not really in contention most nights.
    2021 race count
    6 events

From where I saw sitting on the backstretch it just looked like Owens didn't expect him to check up as hard as he did. Jimmy is not typically the kind of guy to do something like that on purpose.

your right Tek , at least there is not as many owens haters on here as there is for some of the other drivers discussed , how ever he does have a few on here as you can see ........

I don’t know any Jimmy Owens haters, but he’s definitely a different kind of driver this year. It actually started midway through last year.

Owens didn't intend to do anything there but drive his race car. Oberkramer slowed abruptly. Just because the announcers say "Owens showed his displeasure" doesn't change what actually happened.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Owens didn't intend to do anything there but drive his race car. Oberkramer slowed abruptly. Just because the announcers say "Owens showed his displeasure" doesn't change what actually happened.
    They meant when he pulled along side of Oberkramer while Oberkramer was parked in the corner after the contact in the straitaway and Owens pulled up and gave him a few hand gestures.

Quote Originally Posted by TBSprintFan View Post
    They meant when he pulled along side of Oberkramer while Oberkramer was parked in the corner after the contact in the straitaway and Owens pulled up and gave him a few hand gestures.
    I agree with that. But, apparently it made people think Owens was mad before that. I'm unsure any other reason one would think he just rammed him intentionally.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

The whole thing was just unfortunate IMO

Looked to me like Oberkramer broke and was "corn holed" (quoting the announcer) by Owens.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by 427c.i. View Post
    Looked to me like Oberkramer broke and was "corn holed" (quoting the announcer) by Owens.
    WOW ! ! He was " Back Doored " ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I agree with that. But, apparently it made people think Owens was mad before that. I'm unsure any other reason one would think he just rammed him intentionally.
    +I thought he rammed him intentionally as soon as they made contact. He absolutely HAMMERED him. It's so unlike Owens to A) Accidentally take someone out, and B) Intentionally take someone out. He always seems so level headed.

He broke a driveline, that's why he slowed.

Quote Originally Posted by formercrewguy View Post
    He broke a driveline, that's why he slowed.
    That sucks. Wrong place wrong time.

owens is probably the most level headed driver out there , even when some one intentionally drives him dirty , you rarely ever see him retaliate on the track or in the pits or on social media , he is way calmer than I would have been in some of the situations I have seen him in , which is what makes him the better driver .....