Default Carolina Sizzler: a Success?

All I’ve seen of the Sizzler is the highlights on DoD. From the one look at the lower grandstands it appeared to be a sparse crowd.

If you were there or saw the broadcast I’d be interested to hear your comments on the racing and attendance.

Plenty of entries so the back gate take should have been decent.

Racing was good. Too many classes, could have done without the FWDs.

Went to the sunday show, poor forecast for sure hurt the crowd but overall on Sunday I thought the racing was pretty good. In the super race the racing from second on back was great, Overton just had 'em covered but he seems to do that often lately.

The only thing I missed was the free Nos' drinks at the gate like they have at World Finals, overall I had a good time.
    Tyler Williams, Announcer for the Southeast Dirt Modified Series, co-host of The Half Priced Concessions Podcast - available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, TuneIn, YouTube and on www.anchor.fm/HPCpodcast

I didn't go but was surprised more Supers from eastern Tn didn't attend. Weather probably was a factor in attendance.

Poor attendance in the grandstands, good car counts in everything except Super Late Model. Saturday format was a mess (changed it multiple times), they did take ownership and issued refunds for their mistakes. Revamped the show for Sunday and it went well. On the competitor side, they could use a few more people organizing or maybe use social media a little more (texts for when to line up, what is on track, etc.). Track was dusty at some points but better than I have witnessed at Charlotte in some time, at least smooth and raceable.

wouldn't say 28 super late models is a bad car count, compared to what's been happening this year that's about average for $20k to win. WoO had 16 for $20k a few weeks ago.

I would think there's more open motor cars in that region compared to where WoO was at up there in Minnesota. Can't compare the two in my opinion.
    2021 race count
    6 events

I didn't even know this race was happening until last week.

I live in Georgia and also didn't know about this race until a little over a week ago.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    I didn't go but was surprised more Supers from eastern Tn didn't attend. Weather probably was a factor in attendance.
    A lot of East TN drivers are preparing to run several of the Southern Nationals and didn't want to make the extra trip.

Crowd looked spare from some videos I saw. I'm sure weather had a lot to do with it.

The promotion of the SLM portion could have been better. I also think scheduling could have been better. Had they raced the weekend before, they could have picked up a bunch of the Lucas drivers from SMS. Cars are all over the place right now. The event has potential. Needs a better scheduled time, better promotion, and some luck.

I also saw on Tyler Millwood's twitter where there was some issue with payout...

I also didn't know this event was happening, and I agree, scheduling could've definitely been better. Along with promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by MRM View Post
    A lot of East TN drivers are preparing to run several of the Southern Nationals and didn't want to make the extra trip.

Crowd looked spare from some videos I saw. I'm sure weather had a lot to do with it.

The promotion of the SLM portion could have been better. I also think scheduling could have been better. Had they raced the weekend before, they could have picked up a bunch of the Lucas drivers from SMS. Cars are all over the place right now. The event has potential. Needs a better scheduled time, better promotion, and some luck.
    Thanks for the reply and that makes sense. I live in eastern NC and enjoy seeing those guys in TN race.. good cars in that area.

I also agree the promotion of this event was horrible. Not sure who was in charge but he/she should never promote another event before attending promotion school.

Was this part of the event that they postponed a month or so ago because of the tire shortage?
    2021 race count
    6 events

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    Was this part of the event that they postponed a month or so ago because of the tire shortage?
    That would be a no.

Kenny Collins was paid with one dollar bills.

We received cash for the Friday portion of the event, and it included the bonus that they promised. After all the refunds I do not see any way they made money, but have not heard of anyone not being treated fair (besides the schedule issues on Friday which where beyond their control at that point).