Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LR Stack Spring

Quote Originally Posted by latemodel99 View Post
    What brand/length of springs do you run? Been looking for about a 100lb short spring (6in) but not able find anything.
    I think PAC made that spring, if you can find someone who bought up their inventory.

Swift makes it in the barrel type.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 07-22-2021 at 09:40 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

8” 100 12” 200 use the unloaded on the smasher to assemble it. 6” will coilbind

Even at 8", swift isn't supposed to be loaded to 600#. I assume the poster has something different than cookie-cutter in mind.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I think last one I did was 645 and it was a sheet of paper from starting to touch coils lol. But I never got the load down to raise deck more before the car got put away for covid

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Even at 8", swift isn't supposed to be loaded to 600#. I assume the poster has something different than cookie-cutter in mind.

Easy equation for what spring is needed for your desired "extended load"

Spring rate = ((Ride height load) - (Desired extended load)) / (Extended center to center) - (Ride height Center to center)

Example: I want 100# of extended load, my ride height load is 600#. My Ride height center to center is 15", my extended center to center is 20"

(600# - 100#) / (20" - 15") = 100 lb/in spring

Quote Originally Posted by Austin34471 View Post
    Easy equation for what spring is needed for your desired "extended load"Spring rate = ((Ride height load) - (Desired extended load)) / (Extended center to center) - (Ride height Center to center)Example: I want 100# of extended load, my ride height load is 600#. My Ride height center to center is 15", my extended center to center is 20"(600# - 100#) / (20" - 15") = 100 lb/in spring
    Good info but worth mentioning this only works for non lockout setups

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    Good info but worth mentioning this only works for non lockout setups
    That equation gets a little tougher but is pretty easy to do on a spreadsheet. I raced for a long time with no spring smasher, just microsoft Excel on my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin34471 View Post
    That equation gets a little tougher but is pretty easy to do on a spreadsheet. I raced for a long time with no spring smasher, just microsoft Excel on my phone.
    I only got a smasher to deal with bumpstops. I hear you.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Is there a way to figure out using spring rubbers in Excel or is that something you absolutely need a spring smasher for?

Quote Originally Posted by Modified18 View Post
    Is there a way to figure out using spring rubbers in Excel or is that something you absolutely need a spring smasher for?
    That's another one where you need to check it, to really know. Those were invented for a hail Mary adjustment, it's funny how they are considered std equipment now.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Thank you good to know. I'm new to all the coil stuff racing a big block modified and we were on torsion bars for years. Been trying to use 4m as a way to catch up on things. Spring rubbers seem to be the main thing people are using on them currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Modified18 View Post
    Thank you good to know. I'm new to all the coil stuff racing a big block modified and we were on torsion bars for years. Been trying to use 4m as a way to catch up on things. Spring rubbers seem to be the main thing people are using on them currently.
    I'm new to coils too, 602 crate Teo car at Orange County Middletown . Where do you run?