Default John Gill Interview DoD

I just listened to the John Gill interview that Rigsby did on DoD. Being a huge John Gill fan back in the day I really enjoyed listening to the stories. Hope John does get to race again and hope the Hoover ride does happen.

The famous Indiana Cowboy ! !

I know him, I like him, i always cheer him on.

Way back when the St. Paul Pioneer Press had a sports writer who covered Cedar Lake from time to time, he had a headline which said something like "Cowboy to Drive 500 Horses at Cedar Lake Speedway." I think it was the USA Nationals. I'm not certain if the writer had the correct horse power for many, many years ago but the headline was great. Horse power is way up these days with open motors.

I see John Gill was 3rd at the USA Nationals in 1993
    https://worldofoutlaws.com/latemodel...onals-history/

Quote Originally Posted by In The Gas View Post
    I just listened to the John Gill interview that Rigsby did on DoD. Being a huge John Gill fan back in the day I really enjoyed listening to the stories. Hope John does get to race again and hope the Hoover ride does happen.
    It would be great if Rigsby would not fanboy out in all these podcasts and let the stories all be told. Its great that he is friends with all these guys and Gill hits on his mom but we do not need 10% of the show talking about. Way more to talk about with these legends if you are going to limit them to only an hour. Most of these should be 2 hours minimum. JMHO

That’s classic Rigsy unfortunately

i had never heard of him much but it was a good interview

Great Interview. He was in one of the best races i ever seen to this day, Glasgow about 86, Indiana 1 Car, Purvis won, Boggs and Gill 3 wide the whole race, was pretty much epic.

Just say no...

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    Great Interview. He was in one of the best races i ever seen to this day, Glasgow about 86, Indiana 1 Car, Purvis won, Boggs and Gill 3 wide the whole race, was pretty much epic.
    That was the Kentucky Klassic. We were there too. Loved that track.

I liked the interview. I would not have noticed some of the criticisms others have pointed at Rigsby, however most podcast hosts have a problem with letting the guest talk. As somebody just a few years older than Rigsby with a lot of the same 90s late model heroes, as far as I can tell, I like his interviews. The black 75 is an integral part of my formative years as a late model fan.