Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Essex said that Gustin will be there Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I wonder how many grooved tires before the rule was changed? How many bought LM40, only to be told later they were not allowed?

Biggest thing on the 55 is that unused tires won't be used.
    The rule was changed on July 13th. Blame the tire shortage, 55s are the local rule around here. I hardly believe it affected the traveling teams that much.

I’ve seen local guys buy the tires right off the car after this week is over. I’m sure they’ll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bforwarned View Post
    Sad they dont have the USMTS with them this year either.
    When you only bring 20 cars to the race for several years and then ask for it to be 10k to win. Don’t be surprised if your series gets dropped from the weekend.

Husker,

Probably depends who you are, when you found out. The website didn't have the updated info until long after July 13. Even then, that's late in the game. LM40 are not easy to get if you live in Illinois, let alone Kansas, Nebraska, or somewhere else out that way. I know at least one team who was screwed by the poor management.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Husker,

Probably depends who you are, when you found out. The website didn't have the updated info until long after July 13. Even then, that's late in the game. LM40 are not easy to get if you live in Illinois, let alone Kansas, Nebraska, or somewhere else out that way. I know at least one team who was screwed by the poor management.
    40s is the tire rule for Malvern Bank series. Everybody out here has those along with 55s. Mlra runs 40s, Lucas had 40s as an option at Wheatland. Out here those are pretty much the only tires you can get right now.

I-80 posted the tire rule change on its social media on July 13th. I know a text message went out on July 12th from Schwallie. I know most of the local teams were happy with the change.

Husker,

If a team is screwed by this then they clearly are in over their head already. They should move down a class or two.

If they aren't suppose to groove tires why have I seen some pics and video of grooved tires
    2021 race count
    6 events

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    If a team is screwed by this then they clearly are in over their head already. They should move down a class or two.
    Spending a week preparing for a race, buying tires for 5 nights of racing, tires you won't use the rest of the year? You must be joking. No one wants to spend a grand or more on useless stuff.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    If they aren't suppose to groove tires why have I seen some pics and video of grooved tires
    I've seen nothing but the factory grooves.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Doesn't look like factory grooves on the LF tire of the #14. They are angled on the outside. Slightly harder to see on Bronson's but it looks like more than factory grooves on the RR. There's another pic of Stormy Scott with a front tire the same way. When they showed a close up of the quick change cover hanging of O'Neal's car last night. You could clearly see more than factory grooves in the LR.

https://mobile.twitter.com/lucasdirt...44969881948163
    2021 race count
    6 events

Doesn't look like factory grooves on the LF tire of the #14. They are angled on the outside. Slightly harder to see on Bronson's but it looks like more than factory grooves on the RR. There's another pic of Stormy Scott with a front tire the same way. When they showed a close up of the quick change cover hanging of O'Neal's car last night. You could clearly see more than factory grooves in the LR.

You are allowed to groove LF, if it's a 1350. That was the exception.

The WRS55 has a small block pattern. That's all I remember seeing on the 71.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

There you go stirring up BS again. You just can't help it, can you? Do you ever actually go to a race or just post BS on social media? Terry was right about you.

Oh ok. I didn't see that rule in the comments. Pretty sure #71 had angle cuts. Don't see the video anywhere.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Oh ok. I didn't see that rule in the comments. Pretty sure #71 had angle cuts. Don't see the video anywhere.
    The WRS55 has angle cuts on that shoulder, that blisters under these conditions, and on the outer 2 rows of full tread.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Spending a week preparing for a race, buying tires for 5 nights of racing, tires you won't use the rest of the year? You must be joking. No one wants to spend a grand or more on useless stuff.
    It took a week to groove the tires?

If your racing a lm 1000 is spare change, if its not move on down or stay local.

If you have the tires go to some other races pretty simple.

If your racing a lm 1000 is spare change, if its not move on down or stay local.

I've never done 30 tires at once. Has to take a while. Hell, I've never seen 30 new tires.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 07-22-2021 at 11:32 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

It’s not really the national touring guys, who generally employ somebody specifically to prep tires that are whining about this. It’s the regional guys who aren’t on six figure budgets each season. They are the drivers of car counts at these events.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

The dumbest thing ever is managing a tire shortage by making guys buy new tires so they can be ungrooved. Instead of using what they have. Pure stupidity.

The local/regional guys already have 40s and 55s in the trailer because that’s what gets run every week out here. I don’t know why it’s so hard comprehend that.

If JD, Richards, BShepp have to buy tires. I don’t think anybody feels bad for them.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBo View Post
    There you go stirring up BS again. You just can't help it, can you? Do you ever actually go to a race or just post BS on social media? Terry was right about you.
    The f' you talking about. How is that stirring up bs by asking what I observed?
    2021 race count
    6 events