Default Thinking about a trip from MN to the Topless 100

Curious if anyone has input to attending the topless 100.1) could go all 3 days or hit the USMTS show at Dallas County on the way down. Anything you miss by skipping day 1?2). Any support classes?3)Stay in Batesville or Jonesboro or ?4). Food recommendations?5). Any good golf courses?Been to Cedar Lake US Natty and SDN at I 80 so looking to see another crown jewel.

We went to Batesville for the first time last year, late model racing was ok, but the track is better suited for mods in my opinion. Track looked more like a gravel road than dirt. We camped at the track so have no input on the rest. Have fun.

Was a much better race before it became sanctioned. Just another race now. Batesville motels used to stay booked up year round for that race. I don’t know about now. The only other class I’ve watched them race for the Topless is modified and they usually put on a good show.

Great track, I've been there many times. For sure, the car count was much better and the race was more prestigious before they were sanctioned by Lucas. And the mods do put on a great show there. I've seen mods start 3 wide. We usually just go two days. As far as motels, book ahead for sure. Enjoy the show and the hot weather.

May I ask why Batesville? You have that weekend off or another reason?

You won't miss anything by not going Thursday. USMTS is always a good show, so I'd hit the Dallas County show on the way. Support class is IMCA modifieds all 3 nights. If you are able to book a hotel in Batesville, do it. There's some better ones on the north side of town (one of which I put gutter on, incidentally lol). Also Airbnb if you have that option. Another option is looking for a hotel in Searcy. It's closer to the track than Jonesboro but it is a little out of the way from the direction you'll be coming. As for food, try breakfast at either the Triangle Cafe or the Scenic View restaurant. Both are really good. Not sure about golf. As for the track, it does need some new dirt, but it was a lot better for the Bad Boy 98 earlier this year. Hopefully they can keep some water in it. Be ready to get hot. Hope you enjoy it!

First than you for the great feedback. I enjoy the USMTS so it looked like a fun place to stop. May go to West Plains Speedway on my way down.I do have this week off so my options are a bit limited local to travel unless I go Grand forks for the WOO Sprints. I have never been down to Arkansas for racing so thought seeing Batesville and the Topless was a bucket list type trip, Mooney is regarded as a top promoter.

Quote Originally Posted by wreck View Post
    You won't miss anything by not going Thursday. USMTS is always a good show, so I'd hit the Dallas County show on the way. Support class is IMCA modifieds all 3 nights. If you are able to book a hotel in Batesville, do it. There's some better ones on the north side of town (one of which I put gutter on, incidentally lol). Also Airbnb if you have that option. Another option is looking for a hotel in Searcy. It's closer to the track than Jonesboro but it is a little out of the way from the direction you'll be coming. As for food, try breakfast at either the Triangle Cafe or the Scenic View restaurant. Both are really good. Not sure about golf. As for the track, it does need some new dirt, but it was a lot better for the Bad Boy 98 earlier this year. Hopefully they can keep some water in it. Be ready to get hot. Hope you enjoy it!

They put over 80 loads of dirt on it a couple months ago.