Lightbulb Kossuth County Speedway announcer.

Thoughts?

If you don't know, Google it. Lot easier.
    8/13/16

No way more than like 3 people here agree with this firing, but lets see.

My thoughts are simple. Man had an opinion. More important is look what has happened to this Country (no free speech). It was been taken over by the people who are my enemies in this Country. People are free to kneel and I am free to say I don't like it.

But no, the true racist who are the LEFT, are destroying our freedom of speech.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Thoughts?If you don't know, Google it. Lot easier.
    If it is still Lon Oelke who is the former USMTS announcer, dude is old school

He would get an attaboy from me!

Theres only ONE national anthem!

If you dont like it, theres plenty of one-way tickets outa here!

Dude should have understood the position he was in if he wanted to be more than a stand-in announcer. You can't just say whatever you want in that position, political or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris1241 View Post
    Dude should have understood the position he was in if he wanted to be more than a stand-in announcer. You can't just say whatever you want in that position, political or not.
    God forbid an American speaks of patriotism! smh

If he didn't bring up black people specifically, I'd be more likely to believe it was just patriotism. This whole thing may have not blown up if he didn't bring race into the matter

On a personal level do I agree with most everything he said? Oh yes, very much yes.

But, his comments were not aired on 4m.net, they were essentially aired in a workplace. Freedom of speech goes to the workplace to die. The First Amendment guarantees freedom of expression by prohibiting Congress from restricting the press or the rights of individuals to speak freely. Employers have wide latitude in governing employee conduct, and speech. When I was a public servant in law enforcement I knew to stay off Facebook and I was very careful of what to ever write in a letter to the editor, or even a local newspaper editorial I used to write. I had to always be concerned about policy, on and off duty.

That being said, I have tuned out major stick and ball due to their political stands. I can't unwatch the NBA more than I already do. I live in Wisconsin and could care less that the Bucks won some NBA championship. Send the whole (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) NBA to China for all I care since their sucking up to them already.

When MLB decided to stick their noses in Georgia's election laws and move their woke All Star game, the MLB went to my unwatch list. I used to go to one or two Brewer games during the year. Never again.

Last year I maybe seen parts of a few Packer games and that is only because I was in a bar and they were on. They didn't get turned on in my house. That one was a big change in our house, but screw the wokeness, all of them.

So, I agree with the announcer when he said, “They want a different national anthem and the NFL is thinking about doing it. I just say shut the TVs off and let them play in front of nobody.”

Not going to one NFL game more than pays for a whole year of PPV like Flo, MavTV, DirtVision, or another service. I say do it. Punish their pocket books. Don't go. Punish their ratings. Don't watch. Don't buy their expensive mechandise. I'm not a 15 year old girl, why do I need to wear some guy's football jersey anyway? Buy shirts and hoodies from a racer who needs the funds to keep racing.

We can share those viewpoints without getting someone in trouble with their bosses however.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

“Here’s your social service announcement, the announcer opened. “If you won’t stand for our flag, if you’re going to take a knee. If you’re going to feel you have rights…” “You have the right to remain silent, for most of the time. But, I got four words for you, find a different country. If you won’t do it, get the hell out of dodge. Yes.” “A lot of people sacrificed many things in their lives for us people to do these liberties. And, if you feel that’s the right, well you just don’t have a right.” “I read about all the stuff going on in the NFL. And, now they’re going to have another National Anthem for those folks, darker skin toned color. I’ll just say blacks.” “They want a different National Anthem and the NFL is thinking about doing it. So, I say shut the TV’s off and let them play in front of nobody.” He added, “That’s my announcement. Let’s salute the veterans. We’re going to get racing underway here tonight.”......................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................. ......................Is this what he said?.............................

Another one fired for telling the absolute truth. Just like Jimmy the Greek or Hank Williams Jr.

Question? Was he speaking to someone/group with NFL clothing on who did not stand when requested to do so? He repeated saying "you". He was talking to someone who was there sounds like. Was BLM there?

Lon doesn’t have a lot of boundaries usually, funny guy. Only run in I ever had in the grandstands was a gentleman and two adult children that didn’t stand for the national anthem.
    I hate time trials.

Race was brought into it when someone decided there should be a black national anthem…..instead of just….a national anthem.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris1241 View Post
    If he didn't bring up black people specifically, I'd be more likely to believe it was just patriotism. This whole thing may have not blown up if he didn't bring race into the matter
    Ummmm, they call it the Black Anthem........surely theyre not referring to the color of the cloud that hovers over you liberals!

There you go making sense again zero….
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Most on here have plenty, then again, a few, have .....zero!

You guys are incredible.

Kazual, you're lucky you didn't get smacked in the mouth.