Thread: Double Heats

Default Double Heats

I’m all for more racing but then why not have triple heats? You basically have to be a mathematician to know what’s going on. Just a bunch of cars out there driving around in circles and you have no clue who’s in or out. Am I to stop drinking at races and start bringing calculators and pen and paper?

It’s literally the average between the 2 heats. A 5th grader could figure it out.

I don’t care for double hears either. Just make the heats 15-20 laps to give dudes a chance to work to the front.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

For the first time last night, they were telling you who was where after their heats, it wasn't that hard to follow.

Somebody better tell the announcers…..they made multiple references to the complexities of it and would just wait until” the pencil and paper mathematicians “ I believe is the term they used to get them the info.

I don’t care for them either, I like the above idea of longer heat races
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Double heats prioritize consistency and passing seems to me. And minimizes the effect of track conditions at any one time. And if you can’t figure out the subsequent points, well I’ll withhold my comments.
    I hate time trials.

Double heats...Boo. Qualifying...Boo. Draw for heats and suck it up when you get a bad pull, as we often do. Then run your azz off for a good main starting position...unless they use some screwed up invert system. Might feel different if we did this for a living but it's just an expensive hobby for us as it is for most guys.

We come to race, not to game some genius's system.

kazual

Double heats prioritize consistency and passing seems to me. And minimizes the effect of track conditions at any one time. And if you can’t figure out the subsequent points, well I’ll withhold my comments.

ME:

AMEN!! This format is much better than the boring time trials and subsequent freight-train heats. In their (Lucas Oil) usual format, you can decipher the finish of the race before it even starts.

Again, somebody better tell Essex…..
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Yea I thought it was average of the 2 finishes?

I’ll take double heats over time trails. Unless they have too many classes, why wouldn’t you want double heats? More races to watch, more passing etc.

I enjoy double heats instead of qualifying as well. Triple heats would be 1/3 better.

It keeps the track in better condition and is much more interesting.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I also enjoy the double heats over qualifying. Way more racing instead of qualifying, in which qualifying is really like another set of hot laps.

At least whoever wins tonight had to at least pass a single car this weekend… I’m guessing lol