Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 51
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12

    Default Florence speedway 8 late models for 2000 to win

    This is the lowest count I can remember since one season in the 90's

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    441

    Default

    Sad, but I donít see how you can run a late model for 2000 to win. Maybe 1000 to start...ya. 2 grand ainít crap anymore. Local Late model racing is in big trouble. Many places they donít even have them anymore.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Batavia, OH
    Posts
    12,050

    Default

    Pretty simple. If you are a weekly racer, you don't need a 50k engine or a new Horn to go race. Then 2k is just fine.

    A little trailer and a pickup truck eat less too.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 07-26-2021 at 07:55 AM.
    Droop isn't the problem.

    Arizona Speedway - 2 ........ Brushcreek -1
    Alltech -1 .................... Eldora - 8
    East Bay - 6 .................. Richmond -1
    Florence -1 ................. Lawrenceburg -1
    Atomic -6 .................. Circle City -1
    Tazewell -1 .................. Mudlick-1
    Moler -4
    Portsmouth -3 .....................Tyler Co. -1

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    3,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Pretty simple. If you are a weekly racer, you don't need a 50k engine or a new Horn to go race. Then 2k is just fine.A little trailer and a pickup truck eat less too.
    There is always someone willing to spend whatever it takes to win. There are weekly guys that show up with Totors now. $50k engines are at weekly races, top street stock guys are spending 20k on engines.
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Batavia, OH
    Posts
    12,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    There is always someone willing to spend whatever it takes to win. There are weekly guys that show up with Totors now. $50k engines are at weekly races, top street stock guys are spending 20k on engines.
    And they are welcome to do so. They also know what they pay is before they buy that stuff.

    I've still never seen a toter take the checkered flag.
    Droop isn't the problem.

    Arizona Speedway - 2 ........ Brushcreek -1
    Alltech -1 .................... Eldora - 8
    East Bay - 6 .................. Richmond -1
    Florence -1 ................. Lawrenceburg -1
    Atomic -6 .................. Circle City -1
    Tazewell -1 .................. Mudlick-1
    Moler -4
    Portsmouth -3 .....................Tyler Co. -1

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    3,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    And they are welcome to do so. They also know what they pay is before they buy that stuff.I've still never seen a toter take the checkered flag.
    My point is if you want to win you may need a $50k engine. Of course you can be out there for less but if you donít have a chance at winning that might be why youíre seeing only 8 cars.
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Batavia, OH
    Posts
    12,050

    Default

    It's all about expectations and what you are willing to spend. More folks should be happy to run 5th with a $25k car than spend $90k for a chance to win a couple thousand.

    It isn't the tracks fault you chose option B.

    That said, Florence has done themselves no favors with the crates and then not running supers weekly. People are creatures of habit. When you never had to check the schedule, you knew what to expect. Now, you might show up to watch a show headlined by crates, but they will sell you a cheap hotdog as a consolation prize.
    Droop isn't the problem.

    Arizona Speedway - 2 ........ Brushcreek -1
    Alltech -1 .................... Eldora - 8
    East Bay - 6 .................. Richmond -1
    Florence -1 ................. Lawrenceburg -1
    Atomic -6 .................. Circle City -1
    Tazewell -1 .................. Mudlick-1
    Moler -4
    Portsmouth -3 .....................Tyler Co. -1

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    11,290

    Default

    Farmer City drew only 12 for $3000 to win last Friday.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    613

    Default

    Iíd say it has more to do with the fact that everyone knows youíre gonna have to tear the wall down run up front there now. I watched crazy Johnís video. Track was slick as could be and they watered the top. All 8 cars running 3 inches from the wall, no local guy wants to do that for 25 laps

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    2,419

    Default

    8 cars for 2 grand isnt anything out if todays norm...

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,855

    Default

    I love Florence, it's probably my favorite track in my area. That being said, I remember when we would go there and race weekly a couple years ago, we would get one weekend a month where it wasn't hammer down on the cushion. Josh knows how to prep a race track no doubt. It just doesn't seem like much effort gets put into the weekly shows as it does when the north south rolls around. One part of it I understand, and the other I dont. The north south is that race tracks bread maker, you want it perfect for that race to keep people piling in. On the other hand, some of the locals are not going to come weekly if it's hard on equipment.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    1,225

    Default

    I sure miss the days of audie mcwilliams, jerry rice, jason jameson, cody mahoney and mike jewell running on a weekly show. Sure was fun.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    459

    Default

    If you think crates are the problem, you are not paying attention, if those guys were not racing crates they would be running mods or street stocks. People seem to forget the whole charm of dirt late model racing was watching the locals have a chance and beat the big names when they come in, as noted with drivers name in previous posts! Lucas Oil, WOO, and extremely top heavy purses are hurting the sport, deny it all you want! How many Bloomquist, Davenport, Owens, Pierce shirts were there, people dont even buy local racers shirts very often, sometimes at even half the cost of a Bloomquist shirt. When Overton won both Dreams and Davenports team went out and bought 2 brand new Longhorns the sport is in trouble. There are teams out there willing to spend a million dollars to make a dime or win at all cost. The decline is not going away, the corporate sponsors of the 2 big series is driving the out of control spending, shocks, engines, chassis and etc.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,771

    Default

    The Saturday night LM driver is a thing of the past. There are a lot of options for added purse shows. The LM is also expensive. 20-25 years ago especially at Florence the weekly shows were something and mostly those Sat drivers stayed at their local tracks. Not anymore. Everyone with a decent LM program is picking and choosing where to race for an added purse.

    I still say LM is far from dead, it is just that it is less local than before. I liked the old days at Florence, but they are not returning LM wise for reasons stated above. Florence also has had at least four added purse shows canceled this year so far.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by play4kps View Post
    If you think crates are the problem, you are not paying attention, if those guys were not racing crates they would be running mods or street stocks. People seem to forget the whole charm of dirt late model racing was watching the locals have a chance and beat the big names when they come in, as noted with drivers name in previous posts! Lucas Oil, WOO, and extremely top heavy purses are hurting the sport, deny it all you want! How many Bloomquist, Davenport, Owens, Pierce shirts were there, people dont even buy local racers shirts very often, sometimes at even half the cost of a Bloomquist shirt. When Overton won both Dreams and Davenports team went out and bought 2 brand new Longhorns the sport is in trouble. There are teams out there willing to spend a million dollars to make a dime or win at all cost. The decline is not going away, the corporate sponsors of the 2 big series is driving the out of control spending, shocks, engines, chassis and etc.
    This is a sad reality!

    Late Models rules must change or this will only get worse, if it can get any worse.

    WOO, LUCAS, and all the rest of the big associations could cooperate in doing this if the wanted to. But at this point they don't need to.
    Last edited by Buford.Justice; 07-28-2021 at 02:51 PM.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    459

    Default

    Exactly Buford, most of the corporate sponsors in Lucas Oil and WOO are whats driving the destruction. People who race crates would love to race a super, its just not in their budget.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    613

    Default

    Been hearing a lot of rumors lately about the North South being postponed because of the tire shortage. I have seen a ton of drivers looking for new 1350s on Facebook because their local dealers are out. Anyone else hear anything like this?

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Batavia, OH
    Posts
    12,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drop Shock View Post
    Been hearing a lot of rumors lately about the North South being postponed because of the tire shortage. I have seen a ton of drivers looking for new 1350s on Facebook because their local dealers are out. Anyone else hear anything like this?
    I know Poske is out of the 28.5 rib. This is the first I've heard about a postponement. I'd been told it was mostly a spec tire issue.
    Droop isn't the problem.

    Arizona Speedway - 2 ........ Brushcreek -1
    Alltech -1 .................... Eldora - 8
    East Bay - 6 .................. Richmond -1
    Florence -1 ................. Lawrenceburg -1
    Atomic -6 .................. Circle City -1
    Tazewell -1 .................. Mudlick-1
    Moler -4
    Portsmouth -3 .....................Tyler Co. -1

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Batavia, OH
    Posts
    12,050

    Default

    They could just mandate different tires. It would probably make things more interesting.
    Droop isn't the problem.

    Arizona Speedway - 2 ........ Brushcreek -1
    Alltech -1 .................... Eldora - 8
    East Bay - 6 .................. Richmond -1
    Florence -1 ................. Lawrenceburg -1
    Atomic -6 .................. Circle City -1
    Tazewell -1 .................. Mudlick-1
    Moler -4
    Portsmouth -3 .....................Tyler Co. -1

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drop Shock View Post
    Been hearing a lot of rumors lately about the North South being postponed because of the tire shortage. I have seen a ton of drivers looking for new 1350s on Facebook because their local dealers are out. Anyone else hear anything like this?
    Not a chance. Too many unfounded rumors floating around. This one is almost laughable

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2021 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.