Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Supers aren't dying a slow death...they just have an abundance of better paying races to choose from in most areas...especially the Ohio Valley region. Mods and crates aren't necessarily putting on better shows, they just haven't seemed to realize they are racing for chump change on a weekly basis

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox28 View Post
    Supers aren't dying a slow death...they just have an abundance of better paying races to choose from in most areas...especially the Ohio Valley region. Mods and crates aren't necessarily putting on better shows, they just haven't seemed to realize they are racing for chump change on a weekly basis
    Where were all of these great paying races that stole cars from Florence, Atomic, and PRP? I attend all these places on the regular. Potential car counts are WAY down and there is a segment of those that decided to buy everything their Lucas heros have. Once that decision was made, they stay home unless their potential payout is high enough to entice them to operate their high-operating cost machine.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I shouldn't have implied that its ONLY better paying races, thats my bad. Specifically this past weekend, you had a lot of tracks in the area running supers so why travel for not much better pay? You also had one 10k show in KY that took a couple or so of the northern cars. I'd guess that for some..Eldora coming up had some effect, as well. I would actually say that Florence drawing 9 cars for weekly pay isn't all that bad..seems to be about the norm for 1500 or less, these days. Nonetheless...I don't think Super LM racing is dying, just spread out and over-saturated especially in our area

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox28 View Post
    I shouldn't have implied that its ONLY better paying races, thats my bad. Specifically this past weekend, you had a lot of tracks in the area running supers so why travel for not much better pay? You also had one 10k show in KY that took a couple or so of the northern cars. I'd guess that for some..Eldora coming up had some effect, as well. I would actually say that Florence drawing 9 cars for weekly pay isn't all that bad..seems to be about the norm for 1500 or less, these days. Nonetheless...I don't think Super LM racing is dying, just spread out and over-saturated especially in our area
    I don't even think at all that Latemodel racing is dying but it's another story for a lot of weekly shows
    Their's a couple tracks in the Midwest that are working together to have bigger car counts they both were having anywhere from 7 to maybe 13 so they're swapping weeks now be reminded that I'm saying a WEEKLY SHOW

Unless you guys are counting crates as late models, I'm not sure at all how you can see a healthy sport. Even the regional series are not filling their fields.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Unless you guys are counting crates as late models, I'm not sure at all how you can see a healthy sport. Even the regional series are not filling their fields.
    Crates are self explanatory crates not super Latemodels yes I could show you multiple tracks thE counts are either way down or discontinued