Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

The Hoosier tire website has them for sale at this point. $175 each.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    The Hoosier tire website has them for sale at this point. $175 each.
    Poske is restocked too.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

When I was there in 19 to see my cousin put in the Hall of Fame, the tire rule sucked! Kevin ran 2nd in his heat for 7 laps. Then a caution, Then he dropped like a rock! I still have a picture of that blistered tire.

Quote Originally Posted by Win1 View Post
    When I was there in 19 to see my cousin put in the Hall of Fame, the tire rule sucked! Kevin ran 2nd in his heat for 7 laps. Then a caution, Then he dropped like a rock! I still have a picture of that blistered tire.
    Those Lucas spec tires were trash.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Another night of 8 cars with one groove around the top. Could not even get a slide job to work the bottom was so bad. Heard complaints from half the lm drivers about how the track has been this season.

Forgive me for an asphalt note: I went to Hickory for the CARS tour race last night. Late model stock car (my version of crate late models) paid $6000 to win and drew 32 cars. Super late models paid $5000 to win, and drew 12 cars. for me, I guess I just have to realize I live in NC, where late model stocks rule asphalt, but I really thought 5 grand should have brought out more than 12 cars.

And for the tire note, CARS tours has delayed their next race due to tire shortage, so it is affecting lots of racing.

Quote Originally Posted by 1dartman View Post
    Another night of 8 cars with one groove around the top. Could not even get a slide job to work the bottom was so bad. Heard complaints from half the lm drivers about how the track has been this season.
    They want every race to be won on the cushion, it’s pretty obvious. Rice probably can’t sleep counting down the days til the North South

The track sucks this year, it has for the past 3 or 4 years. Its so one dimensional, the only way to pass is a hail mary slider and 3/4s of the people throwing the sliders have no idea what there doing. Junk up race cars all the time with this crap.

Its tough to do but Florence really needs to balance it out a little, it wont take much to throw some water on the bottom and open up the track a little, or knock down the cushion and see who really has some skills to roll the middle.

Just say no...

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    The track sucks this year, it has for the past 3 or 4 years. Its so one dimensional, the only way to pass is a hail mary slider and 3/4s of the people throwing the sliders have no idea what there doing. Junk up race cars all the time with this crap.

Its tough to do but Florence really needs to balance it out a little, it wont take much to throw some water on the bottom and open up the track a little, or knock down the cushion and see who really has some skills to roll the middle.
    And the person mentioned above is one of the ones who throws them sliders.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Not sure what you mean, but i dont race any longer, been years now. Actually got black flagged at Florence for rough driving at my last race LOL, was good times.

I am part owner in a Team, race there quite abit.

Dont want to seem overly critical of the track either, reading my post it would seem that way, but i would like to see some better action on the track. Its just so one dimensional. Overall Florence is a great track to call home, a lot to praise there.

Just say no...

I know a guy that bought a $57.000 engine a $45.000 car a truck and trailer for $110.000 has ran 6 races and took in $2750,So it cost him $35000 a race ,he will make a small fortune if he starts with a big one

Saturday was the last points race for late models. 9 cars. Wide open around the top has ruined racing for late models.

Quote Originally Posted by 1dartman View Post
    Saturday was the last points race for late models. 9 cars. Wide open around the top has ruined racing for late models.
    And probably the last race at Florence for the late models on a regular basis!
    you just got greased
    http://www.goddardwarrior.net

Quote Originally Posted by lazermod3 View Post
    And probably the last race at Florence for the late models on a regular basis!
    Part time schedule is just a good way to accelerate to a no time schedule.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

This is really simple I go and help out some at a local track me and the owner/ promoter had a discussion about this subject it. Is a big deal he told me it's very hard to run Latemodels he said he actually looses money cause the count is so low but you still have to pay them good money and that's because a competitive Latemodel expense has gotten completely out of hand we have comp cams early then one other time that's it.
    I think it's gonna eventually be only touring series no local Latemodels what do ya'll think
    Last edited by 50Dixon50; 09-01-2021 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 50Dixon50 View Post
    This is really simple I go and help out some at a local track me and the owner/ promoter had a discussion about this subject it. Is a big deal he told me it's very hard to run Latemodels he said he actually looses money cause the count is so low but you still have to pay them good money and that's because a competitive Latemodel expense has gotten completely out of hand we have comp cams early then one other time that's it.
    I think it's gonna eventually be only touring series no local Latemodels what do ya'll think
    I think only 5% of the people on the planet know the difference between "lose" and "loose"

Why would you need help I put my comment in most simple words possible if you can't understand can't help you
    I wasn't talking about any other track anywhere other than the one I mentioned
    I thought I made it very plain I was talking ABOUT ONE TRACK
    Last edited by 50Dixon50; 09-01-2021 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    I think only 5% of the people on the planet know the difference between "lose" and "loose"
    It deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Amzaing inst it?

Absolutely ridiculous

so, if the late model guys have a problem with the track did they say something to josh, and did he have and answer? i didn't go back and look, but i'll guess they had 4-5 weeks when there were no late model, but they added 4-5 races that paid 3, 5, or 10k. florence isn't alone in car counts. someone told me the that atomic only had 12 cars and it looks like portsmouth only had 10 for regular shows last week saturday. i think that late models have been and are just dying a slow suicide. crates and mods are putting on a better show every week and that is where the late model drivers seem to be going.