Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Can the 2022 Summernationals please end at the PDC?

Let's go back to June-July series with 5 races a week and the final week being a tour through the Land of Lincoln with the points champion being crowned at the PDC! Can still go to Michigan/Ohio for a week, TN/KY for a week but take a week off for I-80 Silver Dollar Nationals and have THIS week be champions week. What better place to crown the champion than America's Dirt Track - FALS.

And limit the support classes to 3 max (including the mods), have a 2 caution rule in all events, and always run the late model feature first!

And put the pit reporter lady in the announcer’s booth. I think she’d do a better job.

I would like to see it and the weekend before. So guys like Babb and Pierce dont have to pick between running the SN races or go support someone who's actually trying to pay the racers real money.

Quote Originally Posted by LM1 View Post
    Let's go back to June-July series with 5 races a week and the final week being a tour through the Land of Lincoln with the points champion being crowned at the PDC! Can still go to Michigan/Ohio for a week, TN/KY for a week but take a week off for I-80 Silver Dollar Nationals and have THIS week be champions week. What better place to crown the champion than America's Dirt Track - FALS.
    Race 7 nights a week for a month with 1 or 2 nights off total as rain dates for specific races. Off dates will come with rain. Then increase the minimum purse from $5,000 to win and $500 to start up to $7,000 to win and $700 to start. That would eliminate a few tracks that are really being cheap and help to trim the schedule naturally

how many races do they still have?

The original plan for this was to be 30 races in 33 nights all $10,000 to win.

Definitely needs to end at the end of JULY

I don't know why people can't just sit back and enjoy the couple months or so of weekly racing. Where else can you get Monday >Thursday entertainment? And for the racer, no better way to turn laps and get more comfortable in the seat.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by tigwelder View Post
    how many races do they still have?
    There's 6 left.

Highland
    I55
    Butler
    I96
    Tri city
    Merritt
    2021 race count
    6 events

Agree 427 CI - really, really want to like Reuben. Love that he's young, has passion for the sport, and does his research but I just can't listen to him. He spends too much time looking at race monitor instead of what's happening on the track and every night is like ground hog's day, same thing over and over again.

Why did they chose to do it the way they are doing it this year? You had Pierce and a few others skip I-80 because of it and will also have to skip the North-South.

Quote Originally Posted by LM1 View Post
    Agree 427 CI - really, really want to like Reuben. Love that he's young, has passion for the sport, and does his research but I just can't listen to him. He spends too much time looking at race monitor instead of what's happening on the track and every night is like ground hog's day, same thing over and over again.
    On the bright side most tracks' PA systems are so bad that you can't hear him most of time when you're at the track. My favorite Reubenism is when after an hour of track prep he says "and just like that we're ready for the feature event!". Yeah, just like that. Like we don't know how to tell time.

Quote Originally Posted by MRM View Post
    Why did they chose to do it the way they are doing it this year? You had Pierce and a few others skip I-80 because of it and will also have to skip the North-South.
    I didn't think they scheduled against the N/S

OK, I just checked. Make ups the week of Florence. Have they scheduled any? I find it hard to believe Pierce won't be at Florence, but maybe not

has about a 200 point lead. Not sure how many points missing two races would cost him.

Do they still have the stipulation that a driver can only miss a certain percentage of the races to receive money from the points fund?

Quote Originally Posted by Action10 View Post
    Do they still have the stipulation that a driver can only miss a certain percentage of the races to receive money from the points fund?
    Yes. It's for each week I believe. If you go to their website and I think it's under the rules section.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    I didn't think they scheduled against the N/S
    Highland an Pevely are the 13,14

Why did Oakshade not continue as the closing race and not even be on the schedule. Something going wrong up there?
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!