Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Great race!

9 cars on the lead lap and 1 car 1 lap down. Ouch

That 1/4 might be the most consistently stellar joint I’ve seen since this expanded streaming stuff started. It’s good every time.

By feature time that was a race track folks.
    I hate time trials.

I hate that davenports 30,000 to win race is scheduled against port royal

Thanks Shiny for all you do, you are very much appreciated !!

Impressive run by Nick Hoffman in an unfamiliar race car. Congrats to Oneil on the win.

The promoters at Davenport should be shot if they ever host a race on the 1/2 mile track again. The 1/4 mile is time and time again quality racing

I don't think when tracks are 1,000 miles apart (Davenport/Port Royal) that can count as being scheduled against each other

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    I hate that davenports 30,000 to win race is scheduled against port royal
    Two big paying races at two tracks miles and miles apart from one another. I don't mind it, both will have stellar fields. Now if I were a fan deciding between the two, that's an issue.

Davenport's 1/4, which I've never been to, is a great and well prepped track and is quite similar to our Chico, CA Silver Dollar Speedway. Racing is very good at both, something I can't say about their 1/2 mile, which I've been to a couple of times. That and the now gone 1/2 at the Des Moines fairgrounds never made for very good racing.

Iowa has long been a favorite state of mine to visit with lots of good tracks, good racing and good fans. Last night was also a rare chance to see the IMCA late models, a class I've long enjoyed. Too bad IMCA doesn't give them the respect they're due.

Thanks again Shiny

Youalls will miss that 1/2 miler when it's gone. I've seen some good ones over the years.
    8/13/16

Don't rag on DPorts 1/2 mile, seen countless great races there with numerous hall of famers trying to tame the track....just where these 900 hp race cars belong.

Wow, what a race! Thank you Davenport Speedway & Tony Izzo.

Quote Originally Posted by LM1 View Post
    I don't think when tracks are 1,000 miles apart (Davenport/Port Royal) that can count as being scheduled against each other
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Two big paying races at two tracks miles and miles apart from one another. I don't mind it, both will have stellar fields. Now if I were a fan deciding between the two, that's an issue.
    I see what you are saying, but it will still take some cars. Take away O'Neal, Owens, Thornton, Scott, and likely Overton from this race at Davenport and it doesn't sound or look as impressive. Even adding the WoO regulars (Sheppard and Madden, followed by the group of regional racers that they have) doesn't seem to account for the same star power. JMO, I just think any time there are high paying touring series races the same weekend it takes cars and stars away.

I guess the big question is, are you a race fan or a stargazer ?
    8/13/16

Erb, Dillard and Weiss have the capability of winning a WoO race there. Madden has looked out to lunch the last two months.
    2021 race count
    6 events

I think the 1/2 mile just needs to be reconfigured. It’s wayyyy to narrow in the corners.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I guess the big question is, are you a race fan or a stargazer ?
    I don't really know how to answer that because it seems to be a loaded question. I just want to point out that $30,000 to win at Davenport and $30,000 to win at Port Royal on the same weekend will have an affect on the top end, touring racers. To pretend that the two events won't have any affect at all, what so ever, on each other doesn't make sense to me. It won't take away quality local and regional racers from either show, but will keep Lucas Oil regulars from Davenport and WoO regulars from Port Royal.