Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Road Trip With Chet

Anyone else enjoying these? Pretty cool deal. Who is this guy? Obviously doesn’t have a dirt late model background, but he seems to be enjoying it.

Don't know anything about the guy but I, too, enjoy his vids of the tracks he's hitting. Most of them I've never been to and likely never will so it's fun to "visit" them along with him.

He’s a solid announcer too. First time I heard him this season was at WVMS.

He comes from the straight liner side of motorsports. You can tell he's new to dirt oval racing, but he is easy to listen too, and doesn't over do his job. I really enjoy any race he announces.

I have been enjoying this series on Flo Racing as well. It's cool to see these southern tracks.

He’s really a cool dude. He’s been one of my favorite announcers for several years. I believe he’s from or lives in Las Vegas. I know he was announcing at the dirt track in Vegas several years back and did a lot of announcing at our winter series out here in Az at Canyon Speedway Park. I’m not positive, but I’m thinking he worked for Speed Shift TV.

You can tell he does his homework and is prepared…….very easy to listen too from the recliner.

Enjoyed all of it so far.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Chet Christner, One of my favorite announcers on Flo.

Just watched the most recent one — at Tri-County. Yikes, is that really a racing facility? I haven’t seen a facility like that since Pennsboro closed lol. Thank goodness I know it races better than Pennsboro.

The Chet episodes are great

Well I’m sorry Pennsboro didn’t have the nice cushy chairs to cup your Va. Gina Terry!

I don’t need anything cushiony. I’ve been to the best tracks, and the worst tracks. All I ask for these days is, a facility decent enough to take my granddaughters to.

zer018, lmao

They can’t all be great Terry.

They don’t have to be great. But being able to take your kids to the track (back in my Pennsboro days), or my grandkids (now), isn’t asking too much. They should at least be able to use a decent restroom. We should care more about the next generation(s) of race fans. Without them, the sport dies.

I learned a lot from Pennsboro when I was a kid. Porta John fires burn pretty warm. Also, if there is a long line of men leading up to log, don't fall over the log.

Great announcer. I've really enjoyed listening to him and the video series he's done on FLO.
    Formerly 66#1

Boys became men at Pennsboro.

I have to tell you that when they played Cupid while they rolled in the track it was an unexpected pleasure to be sitting in my recliner beside my bride watching dirt racing on a Tuesday night and hear that song being played at a dirt track in the mountains of NC.

Very cool Ray Cook….very cool.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

TerryM,

There were TONS of kids, girls and boys alike in the stands at Tri-County last night, as with every week. The rest rooms are small, but usable. From my understanding the womens is better than the mens but that should be the case. Also, there is no alcohol in the stands, its a very kid friendly place. My understanding is The property line runs directly behind the bleachers/entrance so it doesn't allow any room for upgrades to the bleachers and concession area.

I will definitely take my children there one day, if I ever get around to having any. Best racing action in the southeast.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Boys became men at Pennsboro.
    And women became sheep ! !