Default Camera stopping at the flagman when the checkered drops

I hate it. The cars are so blurry going by you can't tell who is in what position. If the camera was facing down the front stretch instead we could make out what cars we are looking at and see who is racing to the flag. Every Dirtvision broadcast stops at the flag and you can't tell what's happening after the leader crosses. This has to stop, it's p1ss poor production.

I dumped them last month! Poor productions that never get better. Then you have the "freeze ups", screaming announcers, poor camera work, etc. Never get a dime from me for any broadcast.

A lot of streaming services are guilty of this. I don't know why they think it's a good idea.

Watching tonight’s race is like trying to watch Showtime late night when you were young and your parents hadn’t bought a subscription to Showtime

EDERDS..

LOL.. I remember those days. You watched just hoping at some point you would see a nipple.

dirtSLMracing

Lol, my head still jerks from trying to keep up with the waves just trying to get that glimpse

Lol, this seriously mad me laugh out loud.

If the leader is ahead by 6 seconds they don’t need to show him the last 2 laps if there is a good battle for 2nd or a transfer spot
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Some of the Flo footage has been terrible lately too. The announcer will be talking about a 4 wide battle for 2nd and the camera is showing the leader running by himself 3 seconds ahead. Where are they getting these camera operators?

The “complain about unimportant stuff” entry for the day.
    I hate time trials.

Agree! Also these head on shots and other angles they try to get are just annoying. Why can’t they just show the race from the front stretch camera instead of these constant fly-bys that show no racing just cars flying by the camera. This isn’t nascar or Indy cars, we’re on 1/4 or 1/2 mile tracks there’s no time to be cutting away from real racing to show video game replay angles. Keep it simple

I am not sure I want it fixed....The broadcast stuff to me is just a supplement-get in the car and sit in the stands if possible! Not sure racing can survive on video alone; and I guess I am just old and do not want it to. Hopefully some people get frustrated with the quality and head to the track!

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    A lot of streaming services are guilty of this. I don't know why they think it's a good idea.
    They're copying what Fox and NBC does with NASCAR races.

They could all take lessons from Loud Pedal videos. Them guys do it right.
    8/13/16

Good original post. I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by MRM View Post
    They're copying what Fox and NBC does with NASCAR races.
    I disagree. Fox and NBC keep the camera moving in real time and show the winner if he's way ahead or the field if it's close. Then, a few seconds later they show a replay of the finish line camera at the line. Way better than Dirtvision or Flo.

Please don't show the leader cross the line when he wins uncontested and there are multiple cars battling for position throughout the field.

The last Lucas Oil stream, they had a camera in turn one looking straight down the front stretch. It was great since you could see who was crossing the line and the attitude of the cars.

Don't blame the camera operator, blame the producer. He has total control of what you see on any racing broadcast.