Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

It's mainly because they choose to leave a very negative review of the place because of it. Maybe I'm just getting too crotchety. I probably should have just not posted that in the first place. It was rather inconsiderate and arrogant of me.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

The ones that I said couldn't get there till 5:00 run a business and can't get away. A lot of fans do have day jobs.
    8/13/16

I’ve got a day job and it’s 9 hrs and 15 mins to the Welcome to Fairbury sign from my driveway. Once you’ve been to the PDC once you pretty much learn that by 5:00 pm it’s a total fluster cluck trying to get your butt in a seat in the fairgrounds. That probably isn’t going to change just because of he location of the track and all the little streets leading to it. There just isn’t a miracle fix for the parking that I can see. Ya learn to just take the day off or whatever ya gotta do so you can enjoy yourself. The first time we went....we were late as heck getting in the track because we didn’t realize how big of a deal it was.

Yeah but they had 2 years to plan and take the weekend off/ Friday Saturday off. I run a business to so can't use that as a excuse in my books.

If you think just because you own a business you can come and go as you please, you don't know much.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    If you think just because you own a business you can come and go as you please, you don't know much.
    Depends, ( no not them you wear) lol. The ones that sit at home on a puter that come and go as they please kind a businesses...

What if they stopped selling tickets after reaching capacity plus X number of standing room only? Theoretically everyone has a seat or reasonable place to stand, you could buy advance general admission and have a better outcome showing up late. If I knew I could not get there until 5:30 I would for sure have reserved seats. Might even help the parking situation a bit. Name of the game is money, but "Sold Out" is a real thing.

There is no way to police general admission seats. People take more room than they should. I guess they could assign seats when you buy generals day of but seems to defeat the purpose of it in the first place.
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

I have not been to the track , but I love going to tracks that still have those old Fairgrounds Grandstands. Those old grandstands just have a lot of character. The newer grandstands are just to sterile for me. The PDC is now on my bucket list of a must see event.

Been twice, good racing. But we’re several hours away and the hassle to get seated wasn’t worth it. Generally I won’t attend tracks where management allows people to use stinky blankets to stake out their nest several hours in advance. It advantages local people and I understand, many support the track during the year. Just the way it is, far be it from me to question a successful track.
    I hate time trials.

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Runner View Post
    I have not been to the track , but I love going to tracks that still have those old Fairgrounds Grandstands. Those old grandstands just have a lot of character. The newer grandstands are just to sterile for me. The PDC is now on my bucket list of a must see event.
    The horse track grand stand at falls was made for people under 5' 4". If you're 6' or more, it sucks! If you sit on the top 3 rows, youre bending down to see the back streach... FALLS needs to let it go and put up bleachers that arent 30 feet back from the track... Its long overdue!

Verizon (and other phone carriers) need to increase cell capacity.

Catwalks ala Boone IA in the turns.

Make every seat in the place a reserved seat. Sell a limited number of standing room seats.

Anybody that shows up late Saturday thinking they will find a good seat is a fool. Would have been like going to Bristol night race years back without a ticket.

Reserved seating is the smartest thing they ever did for PDC. We went years ago back when it was a one day event during Labor Day weekend. Get there to find out locals had every seat on the backstretch covered with blankets. Finally ended up on front row of grandstands. Seats sucked. Didn't go back until they started the reserved seats.

Speaking of covering seats, this year for the first time people had marked off seats / standing areas in the pit bleachers. That did not seem fair to the team crews.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Clod View Post
    Speaking of covering seats, this year for the first time people had marked off seats / standing areas in the pit bleachers. That did not seem fair to the team crews.
    Agreed. The FALS staff should have marked off one set of stands for pit crew members only.

Being there my second time from North Carolina, it was nice seeing the NC flavor with Thur night the band Dirty Grass Soul was from Shelby up the road from me and then Hoffman winning the Mod race (which I was pulling for Mike Harrison Who got screwed) and then the Rumley car winning
    We stayed in Paxton and found a great little BBQ place there and we got to the track early to park and get in, we did have Reserve seating
    But one question why do people park long ways along the road when you can back in (where you can)more cars can park and it’s easier to get out

Track personnel had them park that way. I'm sure it's because of the pedestrian traffic and the sense that the road is still open to traffic. Even parking on an angle in a pickup, your bumper is right up to the road.
    8/13/16

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerWon View Post
    The horse track grand stand at falls was made for people under 5' 4". If you're 6' or more, it sucks! If you sit on the top 3 rows, youre bending down to see the back streach... FALLS needs to let it go and put up bleachers that arent 30 feet back from the track... Its long overdue!
    WOW ! ! It's almost as if they penalize you because of being vertically challenged with additional hieght ? ? Yes it is time for a makeover then I suppose ?