Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    Not yet ! ! Bobby Pierce is The WAVE of the FUTURE ! ! Soon you see and then you will change your handle to BobbyWon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOLOLOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ok lol.. thanks for good laugh but whats wrong with the name i have now? He's not winning now but bloomerwon dam near everything there is to win, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Side Up 18 View Post
    As far as snagging a reserved seat goes, it's getting very close to how the Bristol night race was during the NASCAR boom years. I'm not super happy with where mine is (got drilled by a couple rocks, one just under the windpipe), but I'm not letting it go.
    You could of dodged that rock had you not been texting updates on yer phone.😁

Just kiddin pal. I couldn't resist.
    8/13/16

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerWon View Post
    Ok lol.. thanks for good laugh but whats wrong with the name i have now? He's not winning now but bloomerwon dam near everything there is to win, no?
    Old Bloomy needs to run that #6 car when Larson not in it. He could start winning races again [provided Bobby wasn't in the same race] !!!

Tough crowd tonight, eh Phil😁
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Tough crowd tonight, eh Phil
    Not really, just the same goofs thinking im gonna get my feelings hurt by bringing up ole bloomers. They are actually sorta cute.

I must have pissed raceready off recently lol. He's bound and determent to get me riled up. He dont realise yet he'll come out of this even more butt hurt 😆😅😂
    Last edited by BloomerWon; 08-02-2021 at 12:27 AM.

Old Bloomy needs to run that #6 car when Larson not in it. He could start winning races again [provided Bobby wasn't in the same race] !!!
    Old Bloomey cant run his own stuff let alone the 6. Put bobby in the zero, let bloomers teach him respect and self control and you've got somthing... 👍

I am not an engineer but if I had an unlimited budget, I would consider making a couple changes keeping in mind that seating is only a problem one weekend out of the year:
    1) Obviously tear down the main grandstand and build new closer to the track. This would also require relocating the grandstand to the east on the front stretch closer to the track. I think this would be a great improvement and would instantly change the feel and look of the facility.
    2) Add an upper deck to the backstretch bleachers. Beer sales, party deck, standing room only area could be built at the same time on the upper deck.
    3) Regarding parking, I think sometimes people have gotten a little spoiled with how close they could park in years past or for a regular nights event. For the PDC it just isn't going to happen and realistically if you look at Eldora or any major sporting event, you just need to plan on a long walk. Having said that, they do need to look at obtaining some land south of the track for parking cars. I am really surprised the Kilgus family has not done this already. Thanks.

It's a fairboard so the horse track gets used once a year. And has to or the track can be kept Illinois laws. And the grandstands are some of the oldest in the state and you will tick off the town and many locals. As far as backstretch when you go up on bleachers you have to go out with support beans and impossible to do when you have the restrooms as permanent fixture. And once again it's one weekend a year so not worth the money.

Quote Originally Posted by t4g2 View Post
    It's a fairboard so the horse track gets used once a year. And has to or the track can be kept Illinois laws. And the grandstands are some of the oldest in the state and you will tick off the town and many locals. As far as backstretch when you go up on bleachers you have to go out with support beans and impossible to do when you have the restrooms as permanent fixture. And once again it's one weekend a year so not worth the money.
    Horse races haven't been ran in over a decade. No tractor pulls in awhile either. Only use for the horse track is the demo derby. As far as live entertainers, nobody to speak of has performed there since Guy Lombardo Band. Time to tear the fire hazard down and enter into this century.

Parking on Kilgus land could add debris and chemicals to the hay they feed their cattle. Doubt they are willing to chance this.

Question

Old Bloomey cant run his own stuff let alone the 6. Put bobby in the zero, let bloomers teach him respect and self control and you've got somthing... 
    Bloomers as the crew chief ?

I don’t see them adding more seats for 1 weekend of use
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Bloomers as the crew chief ?
    No, you! Lol after all, you are race ready... 😆

Talking

No, you! Lol after all, you are race ready... 
    The first thing we are going to work on is getting to the race on time and the 2nd thing we gonna do is run the car over the tracks scales to make sure we are heavy enough no matter what ! !

It was a great weekend for me. I was worried about the racing going into Saturday night but was happy to be wrong. The only thing I'd like to see them change next year is the hot laps for transfer car, since a handful of mod drivers skipped it, I think you can do away with it and save laps on track or maybe have a 10 lap dash for each division.

The first thing we are going to work on is getting to the race on time and the 2nd thing we gonna do is run the car over the tracks scales to make sure we are heavy enough no matter what ! !
    Dont forget fo carry a wrench in your pocket to toss out onto the track, just in case...😉

Dont forget fo carry a wrench in your pocket to toss out onto the track, just in case...

A screwdriver get it right!😁

Smile

Dont forget fo carry a wrench in your pocket to toss out onto the track, just in case...
    Or some jugs of oil to dump on the track like he, Chub Frank, and a couple others did that time during the pace lap to keep the dust down at a notorius dust bowl show ! ! The name of the track has escaped my feeble old mind.
    Last edited by Raceready; 08-02-2021 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by T-MAC 39 FAN View Post
    A screwdriver get it right!
    Your mom knows all about getting screwed by truck drivers down at the truck stop...
    HAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Side Up 18 View Post
    These people never cease to amaze me. People still think they can just show up at 5:30.

Big fan of your play by play stuff, Shiny. But what is your issue with people who can’t get there hours before hot laps, or even qualifying, begin? They make up, I’m thinking, probably 50%, maybe more, of the entire crowd. It’s not an issue at most tracks that host huge events. Maybe it’s a FALS thing.