Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs up What are your overall thoughts on the Prairie Dirt Classic weekend at FALS?

What are your overall thoughts on the Prairie Dirt Classic weekend at FALS?

In all honesty overall I thought it was a superb weekend. I think the car count is a good indicator & tells you what many drivers, teams, & fans think of the track and the folks who run it.

Is it a bit over crowed? To some extent yes but I think that is somewhat of a good thing a kind of tells you what people think of the racing and the high regard they hold the racing there and they all know their in for one heck of a show.
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 08-01-2021 at 02:22 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

I've seen better and I've seen worse. The only thing that would have made this year better for me is if booby would have got to larson and taken him out lol. Then of course bobby gets sent to the rear and Babb or one of the other good ole boys from Illinois get the W... 🤘

My only thought is I wish I was there

I'm sure this opinion will be unpopular with some and rightfully so. That's ok.
    #1 Move the camping farther away from the track to make for more parking. They all have golf carts so distance should not be a problem.
    I know several people that don't go anymore because work stops them from getting there early enough to find a spot to park.
    I'm sure it will not change as they must make a ton of $$$ off all the campers.

Oh well, you asked, I gave it to ya.🥴
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerWon View Post
    I've seen better and I've seen worse. The only thing that would have made this year better for me is if booby would have got to larson and taken him out lol. Then of course bobby gets sent to the rear and Babb or one of the other good ole boys from Illinois get the W... 落
    you bring up pierce more often than all of his nuthugging Pierce Posse fans combined. Then you have the nads to say his fans are always bragging and boasting about him all the time. You got a woody for young Pierce. why dont you just go ask him out on date dude? its obvious he is embedding in your mind. Do you dream of romantic encounters with him? i mean his mom did say any truck stop. for real, Pierce has some pretty hard core fans but i think you are the king. Pierce used to have ladys thongs for sale....i bet you bought one and wear it dont you? maybe if you ask him nicely he will bottle up some of his man honey and send it to you.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I'm sure this opinion will be unpopular with some and rightfully so. That's ok.
    #1 Move the camping farther away from the track to make for more parking. They all have golf carts so distance should not be a problem.
    I know several people that don't go anymore because work stops them from getting there early enough to find a spot to park.
    I'm sure it will not change as they must make a ton of $$$ off all the campers.

Oh well, you asked, I gave it to ya.若

It's odd you say that because they had a lot of Golf Cart Shuttles and Golf Cars Ubers all over the area helping folks out. Sounds like the track knew their situation and prepared for it. There where at least 6 / 7 that fit 6-7 people on them plus the driver and more regular size gulf carts. My group I was with rode on a few of them. Hopefully they consider coming back some day.

HH
    O well I fully understand why some stay away from the event anymore. They need to get the parking situation figured out a bit better they what it is now. That would help a great deal with this big of an event.
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 08-01-2021 at 04:01 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

i thought the crowd was way more vocal, cheering at every pass, i thought that was cool. There was a young lady working the beer stand around 230, OMG! pants were amazing double thumbs up to your parents. Babb looked very fast at times but then faded then would magically reappear, thought he was going to win. Like Pierce or not, Young money did pinch pierce off on the backstretch not dirty just good racing. Speaking of Pierce, its hard to not keep your eye on him, very exciting and never disappoints. I think he might of had a better chance if he started farther in the back. Stormy scott has got it going in the right direction. Oscar is da man. If you're wanting to see how to run a track properly check out FALS and Kokomo.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_the_kid View Post
    you bring up pierce more often than all of his nuthugging Pierce Posse fans combined. Then you have the nads to say his fans are always bragging and boasting about him all the time. You got a woody for young Pierce. why dont you just go ask him out on date dude? its obvious he is embedding in your mind. Do you dream of romantic encounters with him? i mean his mom did say any truck stop. for real, Pierce has some pretty hard core fans but i think you are the king. Pierce used to have ladys thongs for sale....i bet you bought one and wear it dont you? maybe if you ask him nicely he will bottle up some of his man honey and send it to you.
    Feel better russ? Lmao... you do realize how stupid you're making youself look trying to get to me dont you? I didnt think so😁. Enjoy russ...
    Just think, had booby kept his smooth on last night hed have won that thing, but nope he got stupid, runs over Heckinast and blows his chance... have a nice day russy buddy!! 😉

Lightbulb

Feel better russ? Lmao... you do realize how stupid you're making youself look trying to get to me dont you? I didnt think so. Enjoy russ... Just think, had booby kept his smooth on last night hed have won that thing, but nope he got stupid, runs over Heckinast and blows his chance... have a nice day russy buddy!! 
    Win, lose, or draw; Ya always know that Bobby was there ! ! The ULTIMATE showman. The P.T. Barnum of dirt late model racing. Young Bobby is leading by leaps and bounds in bringing excitement and new interest into the sport ! ! We need more talent like Bobby to for racings future.
    Last edited by Raceready; 08-01-2021 at 05:44 PM.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_the_kid View Post
    You got a woody for young Pierce
    🤣🤣🤣I told ya Phildo !!!
    8/13/16

Nathan, seen the shuttle cart when I got there but didn't see it in the south lot again. Where do they park cars after the south lot is full? That lot has been filling up around 230 on Friday and earlier on Saturday. My friends ask me where to park if they can't get there by 530, and I tell them I haven't a clue.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    Win, lose, or draw; Ya always know that Bobby was there ! ! The ULTIMATE showman. The P.T. Barnum of dirt late model racing. Young Bobby is leading by leaps and bounds in bringing excitement and new interest into the sport ! ! We need more talent like Bobby to for racings future.
    Are you done? 👏😊

These people never cease to amaze me. People still think they can just show up at 5:30.

Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

藍藍藍I told ya Phildo !!!
    Yeeeep, you dont seem to be doing much of anything else but that lately, to the point im starting to believe it!! I just dont see it... 🤓

Racing was great on Saturday. Friday dried out a bit. Something is def a little different about the dirt this year. I imagine they will retool a bit in the off-season. As to the event itself it was bursting at the seams as usual. Massive crowd of both fans and cars. Really cool to see a once in a lifetime talent like Larson sling it around FALS.

As much as I know this is likely NOT popular, they’re probably going to have to tear down the old covered stands and build more modern and larger stands if this thing gets any bigger. There’s a ton of wasted space on the front stretch area. Like Shiny said....ya can’t show up at 5:00 and expect to get a seat. Maybe 5 am ...ya. Parking is a cluster. But boy has that town got themselves an event. Super fun racetrack and atmosphere is 5 star. PDC virgins are probably going to be upset because they didn’t know you pretty much have to camp there for the weekend and get tickets months in advance. Overall the whole town gets high marks. That’s a lot of work to put something like that on.

Thumbs up

Nathan, seen the shuttle cart when I got there but didn't see it in the south lot again. Where do they park cars after the south lot is full? That lot has been filling up around 230 on Friday and earlier on Saturday. My friends ask me where to park if they can't get there by 530, and I tell them I haven't a clue.
    There is a little nature preserve about a 1/8 - 1/4 mile down the street south of the back stretch just over a creek bridge off to the east side of the street. There where about 10 cars parked in there. 5 of those where the group I was with. There where probably 5 or 6 golf carts with drivers that turned into the nature preserve and asked us if we need a ride while we where playing corn hole. I'd say they where more prepared this year then ever before. We walked. A few of us told one driver there are probably others that could use a ride more then us. The he just thanked us for be courteous and left. The race itself didn't disappoint and was pretty good. I am thankful we have a track this darn good and well managed just a 2 hours from are area of Northwest Indiana.
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 08-01-2021 at 07:53 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

As to the seating the event is at the point where it stays as is and is sold out every year. To expand it would involve spending some $ on facility as well as other infrastructure (parking,shuttles, etc). It may be they just stay as is and make it a situation where the demand exceeds the supply. Ticket stays hot that way.

Wink

Are you done? 
    Not yet ! ! Bobby Pierce is The WAVE of the FUTURE ! ! Soon you see and then you will change your handle to BobbyWon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOLOLOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as snagging a reserved seat goes, it's getting very close to how the Bristol night race was during the NASCAR boom years. I'm not super happy with where mine is (got drilled by a couple rocks, one just under the windpipe), but I'm not letting it go.
    Last edited by Shiny Side Up 18; 08-01-2021 at 08:24 PM.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18