Default SLMR at Stuart Int'l Speedway ia. 8-1-21 Video

kyle berck wins $3k but it was a wild race broadcasted on XR. also the IMCA Hobby A was great as well and is worth a watch. This is the track that will have 4 $25k win races next july fyi.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=369056864807739
    Last edited by ftfiowa; 08-03-2021 at 01:27 AM.
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

I miss the battles between Berck and Kelly Boen, some of those were intense. Any time Boen was in the pits at a race we attended the entertainment quotient went up dramatically.
    I hate time trials.

Thanks for sharing. What a race! Racy place...

The Berck/Cooney battle near the end is what makes this sport so much fun. Two veterans going hard after the win. A slider that came up a little short followed by a pass attempt on the outside that wasn't going to happen.

The IMCA stock cars and hobby stocks at Stuart put on some of the best racing in the country every week.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by kazual View Post
    I miss the battles between Berck and Kelly Boen, some of those were intense. Any time Boen was in the pits at a race we attended the entertainment quotient went up dramatically.
    Kelly was worth the price of admission by himself. Especially early on before he sort of learned to pace himself and calm down a little.

Kelly Boen was certainly a character and he definitely knew which pedal was the gas pedal.

Mike VanGendren (the promoter at Stuart) is one of the best, if not the best, promoters in the country. When you go to one of his shows be prepared to see:
    1. A well-prepared track
    2. A program that starts on time
    3. Excellent racing
    4. An efficiently ran show

He is one of the few promoters that knows what he is doing.

Boen was certainly entertaining riding his bicycle through the pits and greeting everybody as he did. He certainly drove the he11 out of his car without running over or disrespecting his competitors.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    Mike VanGendren (the promoter at Stuart) is one of the best, if not the best, promoters in the country. When you go to one of his shows be prepared to see:1. A well-prepared track2. A program that starts on time3. Excellent racing4. An efficiently ran showHe is one of the few promoters that knows what he is doing.
    You got that right!
    I hate time trials.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBo View Post
    Boen was certainly entertaining riding his bicycle through the pits and greeting everybody as he did. He certainly drove the he11 out of his car without running over or disrespecting his competitors.
    might have to disagree with that last part. he was known as "Bonehead" on the old Whowon forum. always fast, quite often dangerous. a little like a current driver who gets alot of attention on 4m.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Stuart has been a great little track for many years and the few times I was there never disappointed. For a left coast guy it was always a treat to see a well run race in mid-week.

Also have to agree with klemmabyna that Boen was not someone you looked forward to racing with but he sure was fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by klemmabyna View Post
    might have to disagree with that last part. he was known as "Bonehead" on the old Whowon forum. always fast, quite often dangerous. a little like a current driver who gets alot of attention on 4m.
    We called Kelly "Balboen" (Rocky balboa reference) for a little while after he dropped another racer on the front stretch at Salina Ks after the race.

No matter what you thought of his driving, he was one of the nicest and most helpful people you will ever come across in the pits to fellow racers.