Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cedar Lake TV

Default Cedar Lake TV

Other than money, why is the Cedar Lake race not included with the normal Dirtvision package? Everything else, including Knoxville if you have the yearly package, is there.

Yeah that sucks. I know it was announced before and has been that way for years. I forgot about it and was looking forward to watching this weekend since I cannot attend in person. Not gonna pay another 60 bucks though when i alteady bought the fastpass.

I will guess that DoD has a contract for X years to broadcast the event....? Maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post
    I will guess that DoD has a contract for X years to broadcast the event....? Maybe?
    Is it actually available on DoD or Flo? I was thinking all WoO races were dirtvision

I don't think it's available on Flo/DOD.
    8/13/16

I have it listed on DirtVision. They also updated the web page.

My guess is the track wants ppv money. And with the way the "fast pass" works the tracks get no money

$59.99 for all three days on Dirtvision.

My bad on the DoD comment…..forgot that they don’t have the event anymore. #brainfade

Quote Originally Posted by IL LM Fan View Post
    $59.99 for all three days on Dirtvision.
    That is not worth an extra $60. for 3 nights with maybe 40 some cars. Just won't look at any results and stay up a little later like last year and watch it in the exclusive section once it is done for the night .

So even with the Platinum Fast pass, DV still charges another $60 for USA Nats? For some reason, I thought all the races were included now.

Yeah not worth it to me either. I cancelled my fast pass this week since Summer Nats are basically over as well as PDC.
    Last edited by Pennsboro32; 08-05-2021 at 12:06 PM.

I cancelled mine too!! Cedar lake can kiss a D16K on the lips!! Lucas oil and Flo are not nearly as expensive and I feel Lucas has way better fields. Yes, I know Dirtvision has Summer Nationals but most of those races are over.

Quote Originally Posted by deadringer View Post
    I cancelled mine too!! Cedar lake can kiss a D16K on the lips!! Lucas oil and Flo are not nearly as expensive and I feel Lucas has way better fields. Yes, I know Dirtvision has Summer Nationals but most of those races are over.
    Doubt Cedar Lake gives one hoot what you think.
    I hate time trials.

Greedy CLS track owners

Quote Originally Posted by LM1 View Post
    Greedy CLS track owners
    You're right. How dare a track owner want to make sure that they are able to operate and hold a "crown jewel" event every year. They struggle to bring in cars because of geographic challenges. Cedar Lake is hands down one of the best facilities in the Midwest. Why do so many people complain about tracks/owners/people in general who want to see the sport survive in a declining time? It's not like this is an Eldora or Knoxville who are holding their hands out for more money. Nobody forces people to pay for this. Another thing to consider is that Dirtvision are the ones charging for this. I would be willing to bet that they are making money by doing this too.

You couldn't pack one more person into the grandstands there on Friday or Saturday, I am sure they make out ok with the USA Nationals.

I'm surprised more of the tracks that have these marquee events don't try something like this. Tracks don't get squat from these streaming deals. If they lose some fans who opt to stay home, that's take-in money they've lost.

They got me! Where's the 3 night $60 option?

Quote Originally Posted by champion24 View Post
    They got me! Where's the 3 night $60 option?
    https://www.dirtvision.tv/checkout/u...ckage/purchase