Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cedar Lake TV

They charge you almost $500/year, then make one of their marquee events a separate PPV? That’s ridiculous.

Not an extra $1 from me....unreal. Support your local track! Greedy, greedy, greedy. And I drove 5 hours for this race multiple times!
    Last edited by 56GWebbfan; 08-05-2021 at 07:55 PM.

It really is bs that the tracks make no money from PPV. If you ask me, that’s robbery not the $60 they ask on top. If the track wasn’t there then DirtVision, Mav, etc… can’t operate as a business. How in gods green earth do the tracks not take in revenue from PPV?

Tracks should get a cut PPV money. If it was my track I tell Dirt Vision to take a hike!

This guy says the track's make the money from ppv.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VR9H-Iko0

I’m here at the event and it’s crazy busy here. the heat races were pretty good. Agreed on Dirtvision. Maybe it was in print but it feels like a bait and switch.
    Poor management there.

the tracks need to take control of getting money out of their ppv sales, if it wasnt for nascars massive tv deal they wouldve been in trouble years ago. dirt vision is the highest priced and the lowest quality streaming of the 3 out there i subscribed to, i cancelled soon as i got to work this morning and will spend that money at a local track this weekend

I'm sure a lot of people will be in agreence with me over this. If the race wasn't covered by dirtvision, we would gladly pay the 60 and not complain. It would be not any different than when DoD covered some of these races a few years ago.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 08-06-2021 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I'm sure a lot of people will be in agreence with me over this. If the race wasn't covered by dirtvision, we would gladly pay the 60 and not complain. It would be not different than when DoD covered some of these races a few years ago.
    I agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by intel8 View Post
    Tracks should get a cut PPV money. If it was my track I tell Dirt Vision to take a hike!
    I think it's in the contract with the series. No PPV, no race.

Funny how the sprint car fans are moaning and groaning on their message boards that they will have to pay $125 extra to watch the four days of The Knoxville Nationals next week as that is also not covered in the Dirtvision Platinum package. I believe the Knoxville Nationals and the USA Nationals are the only two major races not part of the deal. Folks we are spoiled. Both Dirtvision & Flo are both well worth the money. Go back only a few years ago and you would be spending a heck of a lot more paying "per race" for only a handful of races. People just love to complain. Think of what the out of pocket costs would be to attend Cedar Lake this weekend, between tickets, gas, food, lodging etc. $59.99 is a bargain in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by MRM View Post
    Tracks don't get squat from these streaming deals.
    That is 100% not true.

Thank you Dustin, I knew that was the case but was hoping someone who was plugged in could comment.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I'm sure a lot of people will be in agreence with me over this. If the race wasn't covered by dirtvision, we would gladly pay the 60 and not complain. It would be not any different than when DoD covered some of these races a few years ago.
    Agreence? Totally agree with your point — and I’ll add another one. If DV didn’t charge 3 or 4 times/year more than every other streaming service, I’d gladly occasionally do the $60 PPV, no problem. But the $500/year, combined with the worst announcers in the sport, makes this a definite two thumbs down for me. I’ll get the results next week when my MAARN arrives in the mail.

Quote Originally Posted by DustinJ14 View Post
    That is 100% not true.
    I was waiting on one of you to rebuttal that. Thanks, DJ.