Default Cade Dillard scores WoO Late Models win at Outagamie

https://insidedirtracing.com/cade-di...-at-outagamie/

Gustin's misfortune led to Dillard's victory

Thought it was a pretty good race. Ryan Gustin was absolutely flying. Tough luck but great recovery drive from the rear to 4th.

One of the better basic WOO/Lucas races I've watched this year. Lead changes, constant movement in top 5, Gustin coming back to the front after spin, Overton falling back instead of running away, and a track that didn't lock down.

Hats off to the folks at Outagamie Speedway. Last year the track didn't get a high groove until the B feature. This year the heat races were good and the support classes (IMCA stockers and mods) put on very good races. I'll add that the staff is all nice and they have very reasonable concession prices. Nice track prep as it was racy top to bottom.

I'll agree that this was one of the better basic WoO shows I've ever seen also. The feature was very good, Gustin didn't deserve the shunt from the lapped car while he was absolutely running away up top but he did drive his @ss off from the back to get to 4th.

Congrats to Cade Dillard! Nice guy who races clean and fell on some bad luck earlier in the year. I was very happy to see him win. His battle with Overton to get the lead was a real good one. Overton was using a lot of track, going low in the corners and drifting up high on the straights taking the lane that Dillard was running. After a few laps of checking up, Dillard bided his time and when he shot his slider he showed just how it should be done - cleanly with plenty of room. He made it stick and ripped the lip until the end.

So happy this race (before Cedar Lake) found a home at Outagamie and is no longer at Shawano. Much much better racing on a third mile bullring than that large half mile with no passing. I think the packed grandstands thought so too.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.