Default Rusty schlenk #91

Just wanna say congratulations on ur huge win at Merritt Speedway....Payed $33,000 to win .....What a race...Rusty drove a hell of a race...

It was a good race and he was digging hard on that outside lane. I was just shocked that for 33K there were no bigger names there to race. Several went to Brownstown for 10K? They rained out in Virginia (20K) and they pulled the plug way early so I though that would draw in some of the teams that went there - surprised that they did not draw well for this amount of money. Glad to see a smaller team like Rusty get the win.

I'm tellin ya he's a superstar 💥!!!
    Way to go Rustolium 👍
    8/13/16

sounded like a great race

Quote Originally Posted by Andrews42FAN View Post
    It was a good race and he was digging hard on that outside lane. I was just shocked that for 33K there were no bigger names there to race. Several went to Brownstown for 10K? They rained out in Virginia (20K) and they pulled the plug way early so I though that would draw in some of the teams that went there - surprised that they did not draw well for this amount of money. Glad to see a smaller team like Rusty get the win.
    They didn't pull very many cars because the payout was not very good IMO. It went 33k, 10k, 3k, and dropped from there. A 75 lap.race that didn't pay well, scheduled against USA nats, the pond/btown, and WVMS/WCS races, it was set up to turnout the way that it did.

I give the place credit for sticking with it and running the race. It was a good race. Congrats to Rusty on the win.

I hate to see tracks not draw many cars for high paying races, But as stated the not very good payback as well as scheduling conflicts don't help any.

A plus to when things like this happen you get to see somebody like Schlenk win a high paying race. Congrats to Schlenk and team!

Congrats to Rusty and his team! Thats a big problem all tracks do! Spread the purse out, same cars show up for 12,000 and pay 1000 to start. Eldora and most tracks are way too top heavy!

It was cool to watch photo-finishes at the Wood-Tic and the HOF race at Brownstown. Congrats to Schlenk. That was a great move for the win.
    Formerly 66#1

Quote Originally Posted by play4kps View Post
    Congrats to Rusty and his team! Thats a big problem all tracks do! Spread the purse out, same cars show up for 12,000 and pay 1000 to start. Eldora and most tracks are way too top heavy!
    Yet all the big boys show up for it. Unless you're an owner or driver who gets a percentage of the winnings, it shouldn't matter. Car counts are irrelevant if only 50% of the field has a legitimate shot at winning. Sure, 250 cars was cool at one time, but there's nothing wrong with the way it is now either. Stacked heat races is much better than squirrels chasing their tails mixed in with good drivers.

JMO