Man those Longhorns are STOUT ! !

Hahaha, yep chassis sure won that race. Couldn't been the drivers saving their equipment.

I had a three hour drive to get there and the weather looked terrible. I was surprised when they announced they were going to move up the show and try and get it in. Two thirds of the way there we drove through rain. When we got to the track around 3 PM it looked like a massive pottery class with all the wet clay everywhere! We got pit passes and walked around and not long after, it starts sprinkling again and the sky above did not give an optimistic view. But the radar kind of did.

The crew at Cedar Lake worked their @sses off to try and get a track to race on. Under the conditions, it wasn't maybe going to be perfect, but they did their absolute best and they deserve A LOT of credit. Hats off to CLS and crew. Once they got things ready to go, they didn't slow drag anything either. That was nice. Every race that was supposed to run was run completely.

Congrats to Nick Anvelink for getting the CLS LM feature. Nick ran the same car all weekend trying to get into the WoO show and the CLS LM show. He and his crew had to thrash and change things around back and forth depending on what he had to roll out on. That car made a lot of laps through the weekend and it paid off with a feature win. Nice to see a super nice guy and very clean driver who works hard get that win. That was popular with the crowd.

The big show. Somehow you just knew experience and patience would ultimately pay off. Winger got the lead and then Bronson powered around ripped up top hard. I told my wife, "That's not going to last." I was surprised it lasted as long as it did. Bronson ripped it as hard as he could, as long as he could and gave some excitement.

That first spin by Breuning collected Babb, Mars, and Erb. Mars pitted and had a bunch of right side damage. After restarting at the tail he was making his way back through the pack pretty well. On his way through the pack the right rear scraped the wall hard coming out of two and cut away most of the right rear quarter. A few more laps of dangling sheet metal and Mars parked it. That was too bad as he looked very fast making high and low passes after his recovery. Babb and Erb never factored either. It seemed like the rut coming out of two got a bunch of cars and several suffered the same fate of busting the right rear.

All the yellows made for crazy exciting restarts. We sat on the backstretch and got to see great action coming out of two. Bronson kept holding off those challenges bouncing and banging that high line. At one point you would have thought this might be a race delivered into Jimmy Owens lap, but he broke. Another moment you thought it would come to Shepp, but he got a flat. Davenport and Overton seemed to just, be there, for a good while.

Hard not to mention Jason Feger. I thought he had the drive of the night. Started way back and drove up to fourth at the end. His car worked high and low when he needed it. Great drive.

Ashton Winger did drive a smart race and ended up in the top three. There were opportunities to get in over his head and he didn't go there. Max Blair's first visit netted a sixth place, good smart drive. Anything deeper than that was an episode of Survivor. A lot of wrinkled right side sheet metal on a lot of cars and maybe some drivers didn't think the track was just right but a lot of fans seen a race. A he!! of a race.
    Last edited by Morgs153; 08-08-2021 at 12:17 PM. Reason: clarification correction
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

I also say kudos to the Cedar Lake track prep guys who went above and beyond the call of duty to get that race run.
    They are adaptable and can make changes "on the fly." Yes, drivers might think things are not always done "their way,"
    but the fans appreciate that the emphasis is on the fans. If you don't keep the fans coming you go out of business.

Quote Originally Posted by smooth 32 View Post
    Serious question... did booby and Bronson switch cars last night???
    Sorry, you and serious question don't belong in the same sentence.
    8/13/16

One heck of a run for Mr. Feger . He and Bobby Pierce passed a ton of cars.

Excellent Racing all 3 nights. Track prep had their A game on. Best I have seen Jason Feger run in awhile. He still has game!!! That's the GOOD news. I would like to have CLS update their showers, they are BRUTAL!!! That's all. Thanks CLS for another Great year with friends, who I claim to be racing FAMILY!!!

With the WOO Late Model Series , the race must go on. The other series not so much. I will be up at Cedar Lake next year for The Nationals !

I thought the racing for the main event was great. Everyone is right, Feger was on his A game. JD and Overton are patient. Felt like Bronson did himself in. Winger seems dangerous to me, doesn't hold a line and was all over the track. Nearly took out Weiss a few times. I thought for sure he and Bronson were going to end up in a pile up and take third or fourth with them.
    Last edited by cgrace; 08-09-2021 at 09:54 AM.

One more thought. Cedar Lake has a start pay of $3000, kudos to them. Personally, I'd like to see an increase in payout for 2 - 10 at this race, the PDC and nearly every other big event. Seems like if you finish 5th in a marathon like this, you should be making at $10k. Fourth $12K, Third $15K and ideally second would be $20k. Realize that $50K for the winner is great to advertise.

I count myself as a JD fan. Lots of people like to rag on him,but the move he made for the lead was awesome.

That was a great race.
    Formerly 66#1

^
    That was a heck of a run he got on that restart. He's getting really good at that move. Some don't like it but until an official says something,all the power to him.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Morgs153 View Post
    A he!! of a race.
    Thanks for that post. I enjoyed it.