Default Time for a restart cone?.. (again)

Everytime these guys come to the green off turn four they are 4 and 5 wide. Is it time for a cone placed near the flag man (or just use the finish line) as a marker to where your not allowed to pass prior to then? I may be in the minority, but I'm tired of seeing the leader be a sitting duck on restarts. I'm not mad at guys for having it figured out, but man it seems some of them, JD especially, always makes their way to the front with that kinda stuff. Especially at Eldora.

Idk...just kinda feels cheap to me. Seems like as a kid, I remember seeing the cone somewhere off four near the flagstand.

Nope

LMM

If you don’t want to be jumped on the restart, get better at it. I watch a ton of races, and haven’t noticed this as being a big issue anywhere. Are you referring to Cedar Lake last night? We didn’t watch that one.

It isn't jumping the start if you have the right last name.

Some of the tracks we run say you start at/or near a cone off of turn 4 but can't pass until the flag stand. Huh???

Quote Originally Posted by 1forthe$ View Post
    Everytime these guys come to the green off turn four they are 4 and 5 wide. Is it time for a cone placed near the flag man (or just use the finish line) as a marker to where your not allowed to pass prior to then? I may be in the minority, but I'm tired of seeing the leader be a sitting duck on restarts. I'm not mad at guys for having it figured out, but man it seems some of them, JD especially, always makes their way to the front with that kinda stuff. Especially at Eldora.

Idk...just kinda feels cheap to me. Seems like as a kid, I remember seeing the cone somewhere off four near the flagstand.

JD has passed more cars on restarts than anybody. It's called jumping!!!
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

I hate the cone. But, I do like when the green is waved somewhere between the exit of turn 4 and the flag stand. Some tracks it is so bad they are waving the green half way thru turn 3.

Im partial to starting between the 2 lines. No guessing on that one!

Im not for penalizing someone back in the pack for getting a good start as long as he didnt start before the leader did!

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    JD has passed more cars on restarts than anybody. It's called jumping!!!
    Watch O'Neil and Erb. Those guys get away with more jumping starts than anyone else.

Every one is different, I personally like the no pass before the cone.

As stated above Erb is the worst one of all for it.
    2021 tracks
    Florence 2
    Atomic 2
    (PPV) & Streams ( 2 many)
    (MMP) 1
    (PRP) 3
    (BrushCreek) 1
    (the Rock) 1

Should be no passing before flagstand on restarts. Period. Baltes would penalize em 2 spots on next yellow or 2 spots after checkered if no yellow again. Their only warning should be in the drivers meeting.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

So if the driver in front of you spins his tires or is slow to the gas, you cant pass him before the flagstand? Surely thou jest!

I learned very early on how much you could gain by being good on restarts and worked very hard at it until I figured it out by watching some old masters such as Ron Hornaday, Sr. at Saugus. He was very good and Jr. got to be exceptional at it too. Don't think anyone ever beat him in the NASCAR trucks.

Used to browbeat my son for several years about falling back a spot or two on starts before he figured it out and nowadays the rare time he does is because the carb or some mechanical gremlin bit him.