Default Duck River Raceway $10,000 to win Iron Man Late Models August 14

Come on out and support Duck River and see some of the best races in the south

Quote Originally Posted by Slinging View Post
    Come on out and support Duck River and see some of the best races in the south
    I've never been, just heard the grumblings of people on here... Hope they have a good show.

There is rain in the area on Friday. What is the odds he cancels before noon on Saturday. He has a history of calling it quick if he doesn't think the stands will be packed .
    I dont expect him to loose money but he should at least give the track a chance to dry out. They run weekly shows till well after midnight sometimes.
    If he cancels soon I might drive down to TST. Never been there before.

Update. He has canceled the big race and is planning on running a regular show.......surprise!!! I don't know why he even bothers to tease people. 40% chance of showers and he bails AGAIN!!!

The promoter at Duck River is a joke and a slap in the face to every loyal dirt track racing fan. It pains him to have to leave his beach life in Panama City to fly up here every week and attempt to run the track. Last year's Deep Fried turned into a 2 night show for a 50 lap, $3,000 to win race that had a total of 14 late models, and that was after 2-barrel cars having to run late models to compete. The World of Outlaws race was prematurely cancelled back in March due to rain from the weekend before and sunny days all week leading up to the scheduled date of the race and no make up date scheduled. And he complains about low car counts....
    In order to be the man, you have to beat the man...

It doesn't even have to rain for them to cancel.