Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default North South 100 weather

Daily rain and downpours for Florence through Friday. Saturday looks awesome but with all the rain they are expecting this week, will it be too much to have the event?
    Darrell Goode

[url]wwww.facebook.com/goodeguitarlessons

I think all race fans need to stop looking at forecasts until the day before the event.

Why do people still watch forecasts even though they're always wrong? Besides, we've seen inches of rain fall at the track and they still get the show in, so it's really not an issue. It just makes Josh's job easier.

Quote Originally Posted by LM1 View Post
    I think all race fans need to stop looking at forecasts until the day before the event.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    Why do people still watch forecasts even though they're always wrong? Besides, we've seen inches of rain fall at the track and they still get the show in, so it's really not an issue. It just makes Josh's job easier.
    Maybe the series can get one right this time? They keep talking about the series being marred by rain, but calling races off early in the week only to have it not rain and then sending teams later in the schedule to multi-day events only to watch the rain seems to be the problem. Every series deals with weather during the year, just seems like Lucas Oil has mismanaged it a little bit so far this season.

Take this FWIW…
    The forecast according to the weather app on my phone shows low 90s for highs all week…30% chance on Friday…40% chance on Saturday
    I reckon they’ll be getting this one in unless something changes drastically
    Looking forward to some good racing

When the temps are around 90, any rain you get is a short down pour. N/S week may or may not have a rain delay or two, but that would be all.

According to the weather Channel 30% on Friday cloudy and a slight chance on Saturday
    I think it ridiculous to go solely on a forecast anyway cause they change daily

I call the weather people, weather guessers ! I can guess with them on the long range forecast, and be correct part of the time, and all I have is a Walmart Thermometer .

People still do this? When will they learn?!?!

TD RACIN
    When will they learn probably never I've seen this happen
    a lot of times canceled on a forecast the rain goes around dry as a bone
    Where I go they don't cancel on a forecast last week got there a little early about 6;15 it started sprinkling at 6:30 started raining then they put on their website canceled after it rained for 30 minutes not on a forecast

Quote Originally Posted by 50Dixon50 View Post
    TD RACIN
    When will they learn probably never I've seen this happen
    a lot of times canceled on a forecast the rain goes around dry as a bone
    Where I go they don't cancel on a forecast last week got there a little early about 6;15 it started sprinkling at 6:30 started raining then they put on their website canceled after it rained for 30 minutes not on a forecast
    Yeah, series basing decisions off forecasts is one thing, but people making weather claims five days out is just plain silly. That forecast might as well have snow in it! Rarely ever does it hold true or even come close to what is predicted. It's pointless.

Now, raining daily for a week with the next couple days including the same, that's one thing.

Florence drains better than any race track I've been too. It literally poured all day of the race in 2016 I believe it was, and they still ran the race with little to no delay. I can remember it raining several other times at this race, and it still went on without a hitch.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    If they are always wrong then there won't be no rain this week, problem solved. hehe

With their drainage the only way to rain out Florence is if it rains all evening.
    Last edited by Buford.Justice; 08-09-2021 at 04:02 PM.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    When the temps are around 90, any rain you get is a short down pour. N/S week may or may not have a rain delay or two, but that would be all.
    TS you just can't resist posts that drip with optimism, can you. haha
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Florence drains better than any race track I've been too. It literally poured all day of the race in 2016 I believe it was, and they still ran the race with little to no delay. I can remember it raining several other times at this race, and it still went on without a hitch.
    Yep I was there too. While waiting on time to pass I was sitting in my car, and a Cop on a 4 wheeler just cruised up, jumped off the atv and Opened My Door on my car to smell inside... Nothing going on in my ride so he jumped on atv and went on B4 I could say WTF just happened...

Quote Originally Posted by DarrellGoode View Post
    Daily rain and downpours for Florence through Friday. Saturday looks awesome but with all the rain they are expecting this week, will it be too much to have the event?
    Shhh, if Schwallie sees this, he'll pull the plug for sure.
    8/13/16

perfect weekend for racing.

Well Well Well guess what now the weather channel says still a fairly good chance for rain on Friday but NO rain on Saturday imagine that

70% Friday
    Darrell Goode

[url]wwww.facebook.com/goodeguitarlessons

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    TS you just can't resist posts that drip with optimism, can you. haha
    Absolutely when it comes to Florence. Now Thursday looks clear as does Saturday. Not worried about Friday. They will easily get that in too. You heard it first!!!! RIGHT HERE