Default Front Tire Squish

What kind of front tire “squish” do you get from load. I know from my asphalt stuff we get 1” of squish so if I want a set a bump at max travel
    And know where my body panels need to be for max track on shocks plus squish I can put the car on 1” blocks under crossmember or lowest component. What it is on dirt tires. I’m working on a car with an updated clip but limited tech support. If I wanted to figure it out myself what “squish” number would you use. Currently have a 18.5 shock center to center and traveling it 4.5 but wanna to see if I have more room on the table with body mounting or maybe even more travel left in the car before strut bolts or crossmember hits

It's obviously gonna vary a bunch but 1" to 2" is pretty common and can see more at times in the right situation. What tire carcass your using is also gonna have an impact as well as tire pressure

Also keep in mind if the tires are turned, turned right and your gonna have more ground clearance vs straight or turning left. Again gonna vary on your inclination, camber and caster settings.
    Last edited by billetbirdcage; 08-10-2021 at 05:29 PM.

Is their a way I can measure it? Paint the sidewall type thing or will that only work for deflection

To a degree sure, this isn't gonna simulate the irregularities in the track surface but will get you close. Pull the car down to your travel or load number with a floor tie down and see. You can always pull more after hits the bumpstop and see how much more the tire deflects when it's sort of rigid on the bumpstop. it's not really showing more travel by the shock but the car will lower a fair amount from tire deflection since the tire is the majority of the spring at the point.