Default Paying extra for crown jewel PPV streams

https://insidedirtracing.com/turn-2-...l-ppv-streams/

Might we see more additional fees for the bigger races?

Remember 4 years ago when every race was $25?

Probably not because Dirtvision lost a ton of monthly subscribers over this USA race at Pedar Lake!! I would honestly say they lost a third of their monthly but the real culprit was the track. I think there is enough racing on other apps to watch that people simply wont pay as in the past there wasn't. Just my .02 cents,

I subscribe to DoD\Flosports and Lucas Oil now MAVTV. I am thrilled with both. It’s amazing to be able to watch races across the country that I could never attend in person due to work, family etc. Even though that’s over $200 a year to me that’s still a great deal. BUT, if you start charging more per certain event I think you’re gonna start to turn a lot of fans away. I totally get why they want to do this I just don’t see it working. The DLM fan base in general is blue collar, lower to middle class America to be honest. There are bills to pay and mouths to feed before people are going to continue to shell out money for marquee events, especially if they’re already on the hook for a subscription each month and or year.

I had all 3 main platforms also, until this week. Canceled my monthly DirtVision yesterday. I already didnt think it was worth the cost, but after that Bull$h*t of needing to pay extra for CedarLake, I was done. Ill keep my Flo and MavTvPlus annual subscriptions that is a fraction of the cost and produces WWWAAAAY better broadcast typically.

Not to Mention the Late Model announcers on DirtVision are enough to wanna turn the tv off... geesh

I only subscribe to Dirtvision for the Summer Nationals and maybe the winter touring season. I was disappointed they wanted to charge extra for Cedar Lake and just watched replays. It costs me $50 CAD per month for their service and trying to charge me extra for an event, well, it just felt like gouging. The cameras have been streaming from the track for years now and the production hasn't really improved so charging more for PPV is just trying to get more money out of those who can't attend in real life, not trying to cover new costs.

No way they lost a third of their subscribers. Not a chance. No matter how you shake it all of the services are really cheap for what you get in return.

Quote Originally Posted by deadringer View Post
    Probably not because Dirtvision lost a ton of monthly subscribers over this USA race at Pedar Lake!! I would honestly say they lost a third of their monthly but the real culprit was the track. I think there is enough racing on other apps to watch that people simply wont pay as in the past there wasn't. Just my .02 cents,

Quote Originally Posted by latemodelfan View Post
    No way they lost a third of their subscribers. Not a chance. No matter how you shake it all of the services are really cheap for what you get in return.
    Agreed. A lot of people say that initially when they are pissed off, but don't actually follow through.

Quote Originally Posted by 1forthe$ View Post
    I had all 3 main platforms also, until this week. Canceled my monthly DirtVision yesterday. I already didnt think it was worth the cost, but after that Bull$h*t of needing to pay extra for CedarLake, I was done. Ill keep my Flo and MavTvPlus annual subscriptions that is a fraction of the cost and produces WWWAAAAY better broadcast typically.

Not to Mention the Late Model announcers on DirtVision are enough to wanna turn the tv off... geesh
    Well said and I cancelled my DirtVision just before Cedar Lake .