Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Florida Averaging 11 COVID Deaths Per Hour as Delta Variant, Mask Debates Rage
    BY ANDREW STANTON ON 8/30/21 AT 7:48 PM EDT
    NEWS FLORIDA RON DESANTIS CORONAVIRUS DEATHS
    As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, Florida is averaging just under 11 new deaths per hour, according to new data from The Miami Herald.

The Sunshine State averaged 262 additional COVID-19 deaths per day over the past week, equating to about 10.92 deaths per hour, the Herald reported Monday.

On Monday, Florida reported a total of 902 new COVID-19 deaths, with all but eight from after August 2, according to the Herald. The state has now recorded 44,553 deaths and more than three million cases in total since the beginning of the pandemic.

https://www.newsweek.com/florida-ave...s-rage-1624388

Nope…………….
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Central Florida hospitals have ordered mobile morgues to deal with the overflow of COVID-19 deaths now that standard morgues have reached full capacity, according to Newsweek.

AdventHealth, a Florida non-profit healthcare system that operates facilities across the US, ordered 14 portable morgues to account for 168 additional bodies, the media outlet said.

Newsweek reported the healthcare system announced in an email sent to Florida's emergency managers that it had "begun utilizing rented, refrigerated coolers at 10 of our campuses throughout Orange, Osceola, Polk, Seminole, & Volusia counties."

According to the email, AdventHealth added that "these coolers are quickly becoming filled also."

https://www.businessinsider.com/flor...verflow-2021-8

Nope.........X 2!

The city of Orlando and its water utility made an urgent appeal Friday afternoon for residents to cut back sharply on water usage for weeks because of a pandemic-triggered shortage of liquid oxygen used to purify water.

If commercial and residential customers are unable to reduce water usage quickly and sufficiently, Orlando Utilities Commission may issue a system-wide alert for boiling water needed for drinking and cooking. Without reductions in water usage, a boil-water alert would come within a week, utility officials said.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/coro...4oy-story.html

I’m a respiratory therapist. With the fourth wave of the pandemic in full swing, fueled by the highly contagious Delta variant, the trajectory of the patients I see, from admission to critical care, is all too familiar. When they’re vaccinated, their COVID-19 infections most likely end after Stage 1. If only that were the case for everyone.

Get vaccinated. If you choose not to, here’s what to expect if you are hospitalized for a serious case of COVID-19.

Stage 1. You’ve had debilitating symptoms for a few days, but now it is so hard to breathe that you come to the emergency room. Your oxygen saturation level tells us you need help, a supplemental flow of 1 to 4 liters of oxygen per minute. We admit you and start you on antivirals, steroids, anticoagulants or monoclonal antibodies. You’ll spend several days in the hospital feeling run-down, but if we can wean you off the oxygen, you’ll get discharged. You survive.

Stage 2. It becomes harder and harder for you to breathe. “Like drowning,” many patients describe the feeling. The bronchodilator treatments we give you provide little relief. Your oxygen requirements increase significantly, from 4 liters to 15 liters to 40 liters per minute. Little things, like relieving yourself or sitting up in bed, become too difficult for you to do on your own. Your oxygen saturation rapidly declines when you move about. We transfer you to the intensive care unit.

Stage 3. You’re exhausted from hyperventilating to satisfy your body’s demand for air. We put you on noninvasive, “positive pressure” ventilation — a big, bulky face mask that must be Velcro’d tightly around your face so the machine can efficiently push pressure into your lungs to pop them open so you get enough of the oxygen it delivers.

Stage 4. Your breathing becomes even more labored. We can tell you’re severely fatigued. An arterial blood draw confirms that the oxygen content in your blood is critically low. We prepare to intubate you. If you’re able to and if there’s time, we will suggest that you call your loved ones. This might be the last time they’ll hear your voice.

We connect you to a ventilator. You are sedated and paralyzed, fed through a feeding tube, hooked to a Foley catheter and a rectal tube. We turn your limp body regularly, so you don’t develop pressure ulcers — bed sores. We bathe you and keep you clean. We flip you onto your stomach to allow for better oxygenation. We will try experimental therapeutics.

Stage 5. Some patients survive Stage 4. Unfortunately, your oxygen levels and overall condition have not improved after several days on the ventilator. Your COVID-infested lungs need assistance and time to heal, something that an ECMO machine, which bypasses your lungs and oxygenates your blood, can provide. But alas, our community hospital doesn’t have that capability.

If you’re stable enough, you will get transferred to another hospital for that therapy. Otherwise, we’ll continue treating you as best we can. We’re understaffed and overwhelmed, but we’ll always give you the best care we can.

Stage 6. The pressure required to open your lungs is so high that air can leak into your chest cavity, so we insert tubes to clear it out. Your kidneys fail to filter the byproducts from the drugs we continuously give you. Despite diuretics, your entire body swells from fluid retention, and you require dialysis to help with your renal function.

The long hospital stay and your depressed immune system make you susceptible to infections. A chest X-ray shows fluid accumulating in your lung sacs. A blood clot may show up, too. We can’t prevent these complications at this point; we treat them as they present.

If your blood pressure drops critically, we will administer vasopressors to bring it up, but your heart may stop anyway. After several rounds of CPR, we’ll get your pulse and circulation back. But soon, your family will need to make a difficult decision.

Stage 7: After several meetings with the palliative care team, your family decides to withdraw care. We extubate you, turning off the breathing machinery. We set up a final FaceTime call with your loved ones. As we work in your room, we hear crying and loving goodbyes. We cry, too, and we hold your hand until your last natural breath.

I’ve been at this for 17 months now. It doesn’t get easier. My pandemic stories rarely end well.

Karen Gallardo is a respiratory therapist at Community Memorial Hospital in Ventura.

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/stor...tory-therapist

40 people are on a wait list for an ICU beds in Alabama.

https://www.wsfa.com/2021/08/27/i-do...ealth-officer/

MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WSFA) - Alabama State Health Officer Dr. Scott Harris choked up Friday at the reality of the state’s ongoing fight against the pandemic.

“I don’t know how much longer we’re going to be able to do this,” he said of sustaining efforts against the surging disease. He said it’s “very frustrating” and pointed to the fact that “so much of what we are seeing is preventable.”

The moment gave pause to members of the media familiar with Harris’ data-driven medical analysis of the situation since the disease was first found in Alabama more than 18 months ago. The remarks came as Harris was providing the latest details on what he called another bad week of growing cases and hospitalizations.

ADVERTISEMENT

“We are really in a crisis situation,” he said. Alabama saw 5,000 new positive cases Thursday while hospitalizations have outstripped ICU capacity and continue an upward trend. Among the nearly 2,900 COVID patients being treated in medical facilities, 85% are unvaccinated. 45 of those patients are children.

The state activated two of its four refrigerated trailers for the first time since the pandemic began, Harris said, in Mobile and Baldwin counties this week.

"These are typically held in case of a mass casualty event for example, when a large number of bodies appear at one time. This is actually a situation that is happening in Alabama hospitals now," Harris said.

"We have enough people dying ... that there is no room to put these bodies," he added. "We are really in a crisis situation. ... I don't know how much longer we're going to be able to do this."

Alabama reported 50 Covid-19 related deaths Thursday and saw "double digit numbers of deaths" in the past two to three weeks, Harris said.

At least 5,571 Alabama children tested positive for Covid-19 last week, Harris said Friday, noting that officials aren't sure where the children contracted the virus. The state currently has a 23% Covid-19 positivity rate, among the highest in the nation, Harris said.

Alabama is seeing a surge in pediatric cases from last year, Harris explained. Of the 2,879 people hospitalized with Covid-19 on Thursday, 45 of them are children, with at least five of them on ventilators, Harris said.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/28/healt...day/index.html

98 percent fully recover…..you left that part out….again.

Quote Originally Posted by mcarter815 View Post
    The state activated two of its four refrigerated trailers for the first time since the pandemic began, Harris said, in Mobile and Baldwin counties this week.

"These are typically held in case of a mass casualty event for example, when a large number of bodies appear at one time. This is actually a situation that is happening in Alabama hospitals now," Harris said.

"We have enough people dying ... that there is no room to put these bodies," he added. "We are really in a crisis situation. ... I don't know how much longer we're going to be able to do this."

Alabama reported 50 Covid-19 related deaths Thursday and saw "double digit numbers of deaths" in the past two to three weeks, Harris said.

At least 5,571 Alabama children tested positive for Covid-19 last week, Harris said Friday, noting that officials aren't sure where the children contracted the virus. The state currently has a 23% Covid-19 positivity rate, among the highest in the nation, Harris said.

Alabama is seeing a surge in pediatric cases from last year, Harris explained. Of the 2,879 people hospitalized with Covid-19 on Thursday, 45 of them are children, with at least five of them on ventilators, Harris said.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/28/healt...day/index.html
    CNN, lol…….

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- An Army Veteran died from a treatable illness after family says he waited seven hours for an ICU bed to become available.

Daniel Wilkinson, also known as Danny, had two deployments in Afghanistan and returned home as a Purple Heart recipient. His mother, Michelle Puget, said they moved to Bellville about three years ago in order to enjoy a quiet life together.

"He just [has] a big heart, a big personality and a big soul," Puget said. "In 2019, I came down with breast cancer and he took care of me two years through that. He took me to all my chemos, to my surgery. [He] took care of me, kept track of my doctor's appointment, everything. I mean he was just that type of a son."

Puget said last Saturday, Wilkinson became very ill. She took him to an emergency room just three houses down from their home where he was diagnosed with gallstone pancreatitis. Doctors said he needed treatment immediately.

"[The doctor] said, 'We know what we need to do, and how to do it. We just have to get him to a facility to get it done,' and they couldn't do that," Puget said.

Puget said the staff called hospitals across Texas, Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas and Oklahoma. Due to the COVID-19 surge dominated by the delta variant and overwhelmed hospitals, there were no ICU beds available for Wilkinson, who was a non-COVID patient.

After seven hours of waiting, the VA Hospital in Houston said they could treat Wilkinson, but by the time he was airlifted, his mother said his condition was too unstable and the doctor couldn't perform the surgery that could've prevented his death.

https://abc13.com/us-army-veteran-da...-icu/10983810/

You mean the VA hospitals that almost everyone on earth wants closed down so our veterans can get good health care?

Man, you pick some strange examples to state your case.

Gallstone pancreatitis is rarely treated in ICU, but again I’m sure you know that already considering your field of work.

Although most patients with acute pancreatitis have the mild form of the disease, about 20–30% develops a severe form, often associated with single or multiple organ dysfunction requiring intensive care.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6567462/

You’re talking to one of those people who had it in the severest of forms …….” Often associated “ huh? How bout share the percentages of those with the severe cases that have organ disfunction.

20 or 30 is about the correct percentage amount that develop into the severe form, I’ll give you that for being at least close…..but like always, you have to fak it up with that narrative nobody is buying.

20 or 30 do not end up in ICU, and I promise you 20 or 30 percent is way off base that have organ disfunction……give up on this one, I know better.

So does everyone else.

Ah yes….one of my favorite Simon and Garfunkel songs.

You were one of the lucky ones. This guy wasn't. I have a friend that was in the hospital for a month with acute pancreatitis and part of that time was in the ICU.

Many of us were lucky, the percentages of overall patients ending up in icu are tiny ….just say it man, you’re fking wrong and like a good little political paramour your trying to make it look like something it’s not.

Why is saying your wrong so hard for you….You’re like the Bobby Pierce of internet threads.

We all appreciate what you do for work and the bravery and commitment it takes to do it, but stop…..just stop.
    We aren’t all sheep and we sure as hell aren’t all dumb.

And just to remind you what we are talking about, your narrative is icus all over earth are filled with COVID patients and this gentleman died because of it…….bull sheet and you know it….you’ve read the stuff on the va facilities and it’s quality of care for our veterans haven’t you?

And his blind HATRED for the guy who was at least trying to fix it is the reason for ALL of his As$ hat posting !!!

Quote Originally Posted by mcarter815 View Post
    You were one of the lucky ones. This guy wasn't. I have a friend that was in the hospital for a month with acute pancreatitis and part of that time was in the ICU.
    I'm just wondering how you can act so concerned about patients dieing or getting vaccinated, when at the same time ignoring our p-Resident's lack of concern about saving the lives of our own citizens in Afgan and also all of the other actions he is doing that are causing DEATH at the border, in our cities, and all of the actual diseases coming across the border by the thousands that he totally ignores.

Citizens are also dieing and getting murdered by these fine illegals that he insists on calling residents, from the diseases they are bringing, plus all of the murders and drugs they are bringing in.

When you dump thousands of sick illegals in cities they sure are going to fill up hospital beds, the pathetic truth.
    Last edited by Buford.Justice; 09-02-2021 at 01:52 PM.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!