Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Six foot social distance rule.
    That didn't work to well at FALS a couple weeks ago.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by GRT32 View Post
    The super spreaders are the vaccinated according to docs and science
    Time to exit, stage left🙄
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    They don't need the vaccine possibly, and maybe they don't want to take a chance on a vaccine that is not even FDA approved and has proven to be responsible for thousands of sides affects and even death.

Honestly I fear the vaccine more than the virus. also down the road, will they come out with even more injection reasons and demands?
    1000s (of cases) of side effects and a few (possible) deaths vs 4.3 million deaths. No argument can be made.

They don't need the vaccine possibly, and maybe they don't want to take a chance on a vaccine that is not even FDA approved and has proven to be responsible for thousands of sides affects and even death.

Honestly I fear the vaccine more than the virus. also down the road, will they come out with even more injection reasons and demands?
    Fast wheels said it best, yet I'll double up. Idk how anyone could be more "scared" of the vaccine than the virus. That literally makes 0 sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Fast wheels said it best, yet I'll double up. Idk how anyone could be more "scared" of the vaccine than the virus. That literally makes 0 sense.
    When has CW Justice ever made sense?🤣
    8/13/16

Actually the COVID death count is grossly exagerated. Proof, the flu death count went down last year by 800%. Really? No not really, they are wrongly calling flu deaths COVID-19 deaths.
    Based on calculations of excess death, it is not. As others have said, the math does not support avoiding the vax. The odds you will get Covid are 100%. Although the odds you will be very sick are small, they are much greater than an issue from a vaccine. It's like never going to a doctor because you fear a traffic accident.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

You might excuse the source because it comes from such a liberal state government.......Mississippi.

Last update from yesterday....5,023 new cases. 98% of them among the unvaccinated.
    31 new deaths. 84% unvaccinated
    90% of the state's hospitalized covid patients are unvaccinated

Here's a link for anyone interested...
    https://mississippitoday.org/coronav...n-mississippi/

BK, I agree. But when you have to deal with another man stalking you on a message board over a number of years, when all you want to do is talk racing, what else can you do? Nobody wants to deal with that stupid sh!t.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    This table looks nothing like one from any study I have seen. For instance, an infected 60 year old male has a 1/75 chance of death and 15% chance of hospital.
    Here is a link to some of that info from a couple days ago in my home state. Quite higher than the info in that table. Close to 1 in 100 die from ages 51-60.
    https://www.wsmv.com/news/tennessee/...0aa124767.html

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    They have been working on mRNA treatments and vaccines for at least a decade, as you say. But, as recently as 2017 it was considered "too dangerous to use for anything that required more than one dose". This information is available on the web in financial articles discussing the investment prospects for Moderna. I still haven't heard how this hurdle was overcome in the last few years.
    I’m gonna say the urgency of the situation moved all research towards making mRNA vaccines viable on a grand scale.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    It may not keep you from getting it, but it will keep you alive and out of the hospital 99.99% of the time. It is no coincidence that hospitals are being overrun by the unvaccinated, in areas where a low percentage of the population is unvaccinated.
    And it might keep you from going bankrupt from a week's stay in the hospital.

TerryM

There are flat out lies being posted in this thread. I’m sure that’s what’s being deleted. You can feign ignorance, or try to make it look like you’re asking a question, but what you’re really doing is spreading false information.

Please don't say this!......... As a Chicago guy 30 yr union man respectfully I understand I'm practically from a different country ideologically than 80% of the posters at 4m so I don't click on anything political or ideological here but I wanted to see if Fergy was well.

3 pages into this thread I'm thinking holy smokes 90% the posts are logical, well thought out, fact and reality based. One yr ago I'd say the ratio was flipped here at 4m. 90% of the posts were conspiracy based or what their favorite "newsman" or politician fed him.

After 16 months of this dastardly virus destroying so many lives in so many ways as a country we're near being back to square one, worse even, on our way to the 3rd variant I've pretty much lost hope and unfortunately conceded the way this thing ends is those who are vaccinated live and those that aren't die. Simply Darwinism, natural selection.

Honestly reading this thread has given me more hope than anything has in a long long time concerning Covid in this country. There is very little push back to those who are advocating measures for being safe. Nobody saying Covid is a hoax, it will go away like magic, suggesting ingesting bleach like I read a yr ago here...... Tells me a lot of minds have been changed at 4m or if they haven't the majority of them are silent.

So please Terry, don't tell me the conspiracy theory, inject bleach, it's a hoax, the vaccine injects a tracking device, I'll sacrifice my children for my political beliefs crowd are still there and posting but those posts are being deleted. Honestly Terry, do you think these folks are still posting but those posts are being deleted?

BarbecueBoy
    Agree again penn…..My only rebuttal to that would be that those vaccines you speak of are tried True tested and proven to work.

The Covid vaccine is not even fully federally approved yet. If it works like They say it does then that should be a no-brainer already. But that is not the case.

BQ, when his virus was identified way back when and ravaging parts of the world I read, and I might be off on the disease, that the fastest man ever came up with a vaccine was 2 yrs and that was for polio. Thought wow, we're in trouble.

But with the help of computers and the drive for profit corporations and science came up with a vaccine in 4 months!! 4 months!! And reason would have it under those circumstances that it wasn't gonna be perfect, was gonna have some flaws and need to be tweaked/adjusted as the virus and science evolved.

To highlight its inevitable flaws at the expense of the vaccines life saving ability isn't a realistic argument for getting vaccinated.

Leave me out of it, please. I only want to talk about racing. Thank you.

Josh Bayko

The technology used in the current vaccines was not developed that quickly. Work towards mRNA vaccines has been going on for decades, and trials on various mRNA vaccines and therapies have been going on since SARS was first discovered back in the early 00’s.

Now, the exact makeup of the Covid vaccines are obviously new, but the theories behind them are anything but.

Hey Josh, you ever read the story on the Hungarian lady who was the main researcher to develop mRNA? She couldn't get a research grant from the U of Penn where she worked as a scientific researcher, was demoted and they expected she would quit her job but she was here on a green card and needed the job to avoid being deported, wanted to send her girls to college so she kept at it when she could and this was back in the 1990's.

Fascinating story: https://www.timesofisrael.com/the-hu...d-19-vaccines/

Terry-
    "There’s nothing at all confusing about it. Stop searching for articles written by politically driven people and listen to what doctors tell you. My wife is an RN, and one of the most respected nurses in this part of the state. Her boss is one of the most respected doctors in this area. I trust them fully. They’ve done a ton of research, and continue to daily. I don’t pay one bit of attention to anything either political side says."

spot on

This is what I have said since the beginning, talk to YOUR Dr. Forget what your tv and the politicians say. I, personally, have a hard time believing anything that comes out of a politicians mouth, no matter the party. I believe that politicians pushing this vaccine is doing more harm than good, but that''s JMO.
    Your Dr knows enough about you (or should) to make an educated recommendation for you personally.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryM View Post
    Leave me out of it, please. I only want to talk about racing. Thank you.
    Sure. You're a sharp one, Terry. Don't get here that often but gotta say I usually learn something from your posts, racing or not. ............ Stay safe and please give your courageous wife a big thank from the City of Big Shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    I'm not arguing against the vaccine, but I will say this: I had the virus last august and luckily it was not any worse than the common cold for me. So, from august until june when I got the vaccine, I fell into the 'scared' category. I already knew how the virus affected me, I wasn't sure how I'd handle the vaccine.

Racing, heat lightning,hostage holding unvaxers, and all the rest……cool.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Default I’m cryin

If you watch or pay attention to or believe what any of the mainstream media is saying you are 100% listening to what both political sides are saying……the media is their mouthpiece.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????