Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thumbs up Chris Ferguson out of NORTH / SOUTH 100 weekend. He tested positive with COVID today.

Per his Facebook page

Chris Ferguson out of NORTH / SOUTH 100 weekend. He tested positive with COVID-19 today.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Did it say if he was vaccinated or not? Crazy to imagine at this point someone who travels from state to state, up close and personal with hundreds of other people in pit areas every weekend wouldn't protect themselves and those around them.

If I had to guess I’d wager the majority of the pits at most dirt tracks aren’t vaccinated.

Man that's crap
    Many will disagree but it's been proven the vaccine does NOT keep you from getting covid or delta variant a lot of people who has been fully vaccinated still got covid

Unfortunately the "breakthrough" case %'s are getting higher everyday, and its not even the traditional flu season yet. Starting to think the vaccine doesn't really make a difference.

Ok now back to Latemodel Racing

Get well soon Chris……..
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by 50Dixon50 View Post
    Man that's crap
    Many will disagree but it's been proven the vaccine does NOT keep you from getting covid or delta variant a lot of people who has been fully vaccinated still got covid
    It may not keep you from getting it, but it will keep you alive and out of the hospital 99.99% of the time. It is no coincidence that hospitals are being overrun by the unvaccinated, in areas where a low percentage of the population is unvaccinated.
    Last edited by fryefan; 08-11-2021 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    It may not keep you from getting it, but it will keep you alive and out of the hospital 99.99% of the time. It is no coincidence that hospitals are being overrun by the unvaccinated, in areas where a low percentage of the population is unvaccinated.
    This is it.

I would rather take my chance with the vaccine then I would the virus. I get my second shot tomorrow. It may not stop me from getting the virus but, I sure hope it stops me from being on a ventilator or worse die from it.

Get well chris we will miss seeing you at the North/South 100

Someone gets it 👍
    8/13/16

Nobody gets it or believes everything they hear about it…….it’s the main reason people either are or are not getting it.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I think you are giving the vaccine a bit too much credit, but I agree with the spirit of this.

It's been shown in studies that recent combat with the common cold coronaviruses even helps equip your immune system to some degree.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I think you are giving the vaccine a bit too much credit, but I agree with the spirit of this.

It's been shown in studies that recent combat with the common cold coronaviruses even helps equip your immune system to some degree.
    No he's spot on.

It's easy to look up actual statistics on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    No he's spot on.

It's easy to look up actual statistics on the internet.
    I have read studies too. It's not 99.99%. it's definitely lower. There are some really good case studies out there. A huge wedding in Texas, with all vaccinated guests, was a great one. You are way better off with the vaccine, but it doesn't mean you are assured of staying out of the ER.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Just wearing any mask may not work but, wearing the right mask might work. Taking the vaccine may not prevent you from getting the virus but, it might help you from getting really sick and on a ventilator or dying from it. Everyone has to do what's right for them and I wish everyone good luck no matter what they choose.

Quote Originally Posted by sa98 View Post
    Is it too hard to just wish Chris would get better rather than worrying about his vaccination status? Considering you can contract the virus with or without, then it shouldn't matter at that point. It's his decision and I just hope he has a speedy recovery.
    It's his decision, but a more fair question than some others asked on here.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    I agree with that. I am pointing out that the "experts" than some think are speaking the gospel have been VERY wrong on many occasions. It's like people want to overlook the "experts" when they are wrong, sweep that to the side.

Also it seems the media is staying away from stories where people with no issues have DIED after getting the vaccine. Sure those cases are rare but they still need to be discussed.
    I agree with you that every aspect of this needs to be reported. Don't pick and choose.

A huge part of the problem is that people are led to believe that this or that is a miracle and will be a force field to the virus. A mask isn't 100% effective in preventing any virus..not the kind the general public can typically get. It wasn't intended to protect you from others as much as it was to protect others from you possibly spreading. Masks are used as mitigation...not extermination. You lessen the load and spread it out so that nothing breaks(which is why hospital overloads were so widely discussed and there was a scramble for supplies). Lots of people forgot about the hand washing and not touching everything and distancing that were all recommended along with the masks. Vaccines are the same way. They are not and never will be 100% effective against illness. They CAN be and often are 100% effective against severe or critical illness.