Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Excellent post……..but you hit the nail on the head with the superpowers that the vaccine doesn’t give you….nor does just the mask or just washing hands or etc.etc.

It’s a combination of all of those things that are most effective.

Great post paradox, one of the best perspectives I’ve seen written on the subject so far.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    Is he even sick or just positive from the test?
    He had symptoms. Not sure how bad.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

B k

Very good post

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    What I do know you're the last person I would listen to. Like I said I will take my chance with the vaccine over the virus. I've had a good friend of mine who I worked with for 25 years brother thought like you and was on a ventilator for 24 days and ended up passing away and I have an Aunt who is in the Hospital and is very sick right now. You do whatever you feel is right for you and I'm doing what I feel is right for me. Who is Arnold?
    Right there with ya Kid. I know of 2 people who refused the shot and are no longer here. So if you refuse the shot and get deathly sic, tough sht. Enjoy.
    Also going up to Canada for some hunting/fishing in a couple months. They along with others, and more are sure to jump on board, require the vac. apon entering their country. I had to show proof of vaccination before they would let me in to the boobybar. Eventually they will make it mandatory for just about everything.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    I dont understand the problem with having this exchange with anyone regarding the vaccine.

random guy - "well I got the vaccine"

other guy - "cool.. I decided to hold off on getting it"

first guy - "cool" I don't have any symptoms yet but I did test positive this AM.
    fixed it for ya.
    8/13/16

Why do you have to be an a$$ about it.. almost happy they died since they didnt get the shot?

You dont think people should be concerned of long term effects on something developed so quick?
    Well that's really twisting it around. Never said happy, but I will say I don't feel any sorrow for anyone that stubborn. Why should I care? They didn't.
    8/13/16

I dont need you to fix anything you P.O.S.
    👅glad I could make your day sweets!
    8/13/16

If we look back across most of our lifetimes, the thing that has controlled or eradicated worldwide diseases has been when enough of the population gets a vaccine. Polio, smallpox, mmr, etc., it usually takes enough of us getting a vaccine to make sh!t disappear. The Rona will be no different. Once enough people get vaccinated the Rona will run its course through the deniers and fade off. Based on infectious disease history, the main concern is the longer it takes the population to get to a high vax rate, the more mutations the Rona goes through. If it mutates enough the vaccines don’t work as well and we’re back to square 1 or 2. Stay tuned, and it sucks for Fergy, he runs alright at Florence.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    glad I could make your day sweets!
    Heh Heh ! ! Thats tellin him ! !

To throw it back on topic a little……Common sense and faith.

Chris has both of those, hope he gets to feeling better and the team has a chance to rest and regroup a little.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

BBQ, to answer that first question, I smoked cigarettes for over 40 years and recently quit 9 months ago. If I had gotten lung cancer or get it down the road, I wouldn't expect anyone to feel sorry for me. I was the dumba$$ that knew the risks.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    They will just tell you to take another shot in 6 months.
    Mine is about 8 months old &I haven't gotten a recall notice yet.
    8/13/16

At this point, the unvaccinated people are basically holding the rest of the country hostage. You can argue it and spin it any way you want to, but it’s the truth. Their political beliefs are more important to them than our country is. And apparently more important to them than there families, friends and coworkers are.

If we look back across most of our lifetimes, the thing that has controlled or eradicated worldwide diseases has been when enough of the population gets a vaccine. Polio, smallpox, mmr, etc., it usually takes enough of us getting a vaccine to make sh!t disappear. The Rona will be no different. Once enough people get vaccinated the Rona will run its course through the deniers and fade off. Based on infectious disease history, the main concern is the longer it takes the population to get to a high vax rate, the more mutations the Rona goes through. If it mutates enough the vaccines don’t work as well and we’re back to square 1 or 2. Stay tuned, and it sucks for Fergy, he runs alright at Florence.
    Unfortunately this disease is a fast mutator and capable of moving in and out of animals. Our best hope is that thru vaccines and infection our bodies will easily deal with it over time. This is never going back in the box.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

We've never dealt with a virus that was so efficient, so ever-changing, and able to infect so many types of mammals. You can vaccine shame all you want, but who's out there vaccinating white tailed deer?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Quote Originally Posted by 0_VodooChild_0 View Post
    Vaccination does NOT guarantee against catching or passing a virus. Vaccines are for sheep!!!!
    Nope, but it does improve your odds of not dying.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Since this thread started DJ Troutman (39 years old) was added to the list of Americans who died from Covid-19.

We've lost 620,000 Americans in 18 months.

And now this doctor!Who should we believe? Social media will be the death of us!

https://www.facebook.com/1066187231/...74416/?__cft__[0]=AZXUVAUPy-5eaStUyvm1HkC9XKpdOaPxAqOP0KUo8WDwb3AgcXs2iI9oGcj5 HkcT2xRx9xxdMiL1bCuBIaUH1VEhUhj0WgnB4pZq5Xq9Wo-jjfAtE1ECyaGQ7X8r1ufdwbY&__tn__=R]-R

Terry M

At this point, the unvaccinated people are basically holding the rest of the country hostage. You can argue it and spin it any way you want to, but it’s the truth. Their political beliefs are more important to them than our country is. And apparently more important to them than there families, friends and coworkers are.

Terry M -- Your analysis is spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by mccreadiefan39 View Post
    Since this thread started DJ Troutman (39 years old) was added to the list of Americans who died from Covid-19.

We've lost 620,000 Americans in 18 months.
    That is so sad. I just recently talked to him and Drake at the UMP Summer Nationals race @ Macon Speedway. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.
    Last edited by fryefan; 08-13-2021 at 01:55 AM.