Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

lets get real:
    1.if anyone on this forum beeweeves anything DT, DT jr., Rudy G., Mike L., Jim Bakker, Ben S. Charlie K, Tucker C., misc. cyber ninja, or any other scam(b.s.) artist says than they(you) deserve the full benefit of a permanent vacation. You were warned, you ignored it, because you are cray cray. You're nuts! There are conspirators afoot, but you aren't smart enough to see them,... so instead you cling to this wacko disinfo!
    2. "Q" is ron watkins, a whack job crazy blinking freak. #FACT .hes no "insider" .you got conned you DUMMY!
    3. If you think points 1 and/or 2 are incorrect, grab your magic 8 ball and keep shaking it because you need serious help!
    Last edited by ftfiowa; 08-13-2021 at 04:16 AM.
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

Some of you won’t get the vaccine but will drink Joe’s moonshine he made up the holler.

I’m sure the most of you worried about the vaccine drink soda, smoke a pack a day, and eat loads of sugary foods but you’re worried the vaccine might hurt you…

You just want a reason to be upset.

Covid itself and the vaccines are highly politicized, and that it’s truly a shame. Both sides of the aisle are guilty of this, so pointing fingers is an exercise in futility.

More people need to be vaccinated, but browbeating them one way or the other isn’t going to help that along at all.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

with every pill or vaccine out there the side effects list everything from a headache to death as possible. so i guess because of that, no one should take anything. the one problem with this virus , i think with any virus , is that it can change itself into something different to survive. strain #2 is not as serious as strain #1. soooo.... if there is a strain #3, will it be stronger or more deadly. no one can answer that question. no one knows. the majority of the new people effected have not had there shots. most of the deaths were of older people last year and most of the older people did get vaccinated. maybe that is why there are fewer people dying this year. if there is a 3rd strain, good luck.

Josh Bayko good post and so true

No browbeating here, just a reply to absurd claims.

If someone doesn't want to get the vaccine, I'm fine with it, just don't make up false claims for everyone else to see. I feel that's partly why people aren't getting vaccinated anyway, they tend to believe everything they read or see on the internet. The stats are easy to look up, and I don't mean from some idiot on facebook. People who get the vaccine have greatly improved their chances of staying healthy.

I am one of the very few in American that completely understands why someone would want to get the covid shot and completely understands why someone would NOT want to get the covid shot. I have never tried to talk anyone into getting it or talk them out of getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    We've never dealt with a virus that was so efficient, so ever-changing, and able to infect so many types of mammals. You can vaccine shame all you want, but who's out there vaccinating white tailed deer?

Not trying to vaccine shame at all. People will either get one or not, unless their employer requires it. I understand hesitancy to take something that did not have full FDA approval, and understand hesitancy from portions of our population who’ve been screwed by the GOV in the past (Tuskegee). The infection severity statistics are pretty straightforward though. Vaccination means a person is far less likely to catch the Rona, and if they do, far less likely to visit the ER or die from it. It doesn’t mean you can’t still get it.

Look at other infectious airborne diseases. For example, the measles are highly infectious, yet they’ve been largely eradicated from the US. Why? Vaccinations that pretty much all of us took when we were kids, and that all of our kids have taken before they enroll in public school. In rare cases when the measles pop up in America it’s always around anti-vax clusters and it runs its course quickly. Contrast that with India and Africa where the measles are still a thing and people die from it. Very low vaccination rates there, combined with poor nutrition.

Not having Fergy at the N/S sucks. Florence is looking like an Overton/T-Mac/McDowell/Owens/Dohm kind of weekend if they keep the cushion out of it. Maybe Hoffman can get the Team Zero ride rolling. Friday/Saturday should be good racing.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

Measles is also a genetically stable virus, this not a moving target. Yes, there was/is more willingness to take a vaccine for it as well.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Seriously BBQ, of the 1%, which are taking up the hospitals?? The vaccinated or the unvaccinated? There's your answer...

BBQ, I can't quote you either.

You make the number sound so small when you say 1%. Yet 1% is a lot in this case.

You're holding everyone hostage because we're headed right down the same path we did last year. Mask mandates are making a comeback, soon enough events will start getting canceled again. While I agree that Covid-19 will never fully go away, I think if a lot more people got vaccinated we wouldn't have to worry about masks, and such anymore. We would get a lot closer to "normal."

BBQ, even if it only helped 5%, I would take it knowing I've done what I could to help improve my chances of not getting my parents, wife, friends and family, and most importantly my 2 year old son sick or worse.

There are flat out lies being posted in this thread. I’m sure that’s what’s being deleted. You can feign ignorance, or try to make it look like you’re asking a question, but what you’re really doing is spreading false information.

BBQ, I'll agree with that. There will always be questions. I don't think any vaccine made is 100% safe, and nobody is really saying that, (or at least I'm not) there will be rare cases where things happen from the vaccine. You get vaccines when you're a baby, you get them for school and before you go to college, people don't make a stinker about those though. IMO, it just makes more sense to get the vaccine than not get it.

Agree again penn…..My only rebuttal to that would be that those vaccines you speak of are tried True tested and proven to work.

The Covid vaccine is not even fully federally approved yet. If it works like They say it does then that should be a no-brainer already. But that is not the case.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    Like I have said and will continue to say.. I understand why some want to get the shot and I understand why some are concerned based on the flip flopping by some "experts". Very confusing on what to believe.
    There’s nothing at all confusing about it. Stop searching for articles written by politically driven people and listen to what doctors tell you. My wife is an RN, and one of the most respected nurses in this part of the state. Her boss is one of the most respected doctors in this area. I trust them fully. They’ve done a ton of research, and continue to daily. I don’t pay one bit of attention to anything either political side says.

Hey, BBQ, I’ve been on 4m since it was chasinracin — far longer than you’ve been around here. In 24 years, I have contacted a mod exactly one time — because some nutcase was sending me some weirda$$ $hit in private messages. That was probably 15 years ago. Get over yourself, dude. You don’t know me, even though you’ve had chances to meet me. If you knew me, you’d know how ridiculous your claims are. If you ever do meet me, you’re gonna have a good laugh about this. Have a good weekend, buddy.

I just got my second shot about an hour ago but, I'm sure not going to tell anyone else what they should do. That's a personal decision they have to make. I'm just hoping what I'm hearing from the health officials it's true that the vaccine will prevent me from getting really sick. Now if I happen to get it and pass it onto a unvaccinated person I will feel really bad and hope the don't either die or get really sick from it but, honestly they made the decision not to get vaccinated.

My decision to get the vaccine was several reasons and one is that a guy I'm friends with and worked with for over 25 years brother died from covid here recently. My Aunt is in the ICU and is really sick right now with it and A guy that I've known for over 50 years wife passed away and he was really sick from it. His wife was anti-vax but, he now regrets the decision not to get the vaccine

I take medicines every day that have known side effects, some of which could result in death. Just like this vaccine..the chances of something fatal happening is extremely rare and the benefits far outweigh the risk. Like Terry..anyone who is getting their knowledge from political actors or places with a political slant is going to be very misled on the whole deal. The faces I've seen, the pictures of people in a vegetative state being kept alive in the hopes that they recover, the stories of the gut wrenching sadness and awful memories healthcare workers have dealt with...I'll gladly take a vaccine. It isn't just old people who are dying and being permanently effected by this virus. I'd tell people that even those old folks are someones parents, brothers, sisters....but people from teenagers on up who are on vents and in comas just trying to survive.

So with all that research you still manage to say……” that unvaccinated people are holding the rest of the country hostage”?

Is that really what all the smart doctors and nurses are saying? If that’s what they are all saying then they need to say it loud and collectively because right now they aren’t.

Glad you feel comfortable with your personal decisions based on your wife’s expertise, that’s the way it should be in any household.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????