Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lucas race

quote:

There’s a thing in our area called heat lightening. That seemed to be the case last night. It’s not the same as storm lightening. It doesn’t bring rain, or dangerous lightening.

.................................................. .................................................. .................

If that is the case there was no need to bring down the cameramen, right?

Sort of like "no need to transfer them off the base" in A Few Good Men.

2021 race count
    6 events

LOL … you really didn’t understand that? Again?

Terry.. if it was not dangerous then why did they take down the cameramen?

It was extremely dangerous for the cameramen high up in those lightening rod lifts. Everyone else had the option of staying or leaving.

There is no such thing as "heat lightning". It does not exist.

https://weather.com/science/weather-...ning-explainer
    Last edited by CIRF; 08-13-2021 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    No doubt Longhorns have had a strong year. But maybe you missed Hudson's Show Me win. Terbo's $30,000 win at I-80 and Bronson's dominating run in the Silver Dollar Nats?
    I wont be sad because 3 out of many ain't bad ..........

LOL … ok. I’ve seen it, been around it, and lived with it my entire life … but it doesn’t exist. Okie dokie.

I fully understand not having the scissor lifts up but maybe they should of struck a quick deal with whomever filmed for DoD and patched their camera in? Or sent the cameraman doing pit interviews up in the stands next to the DoD guy to film.
    Sometimes you have to improvise!!

What you have seen, been around and lived your entire life is distant lightning of which you can't hear the thunder, you can only see the flash of lightning.

Here's more, so take it up with all the folks who have their names on the articles in links provided.

You didn't think you'd learn something today, did ya'? But you did.

https://www.reconnectwithnature.org/...ther%20Service.

https://www.whsv.com/content/news/He...569940161.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_lightning

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weath...-a-myth/279953

https://www.forbes.com/sites/marshal...h=571a8e319fe9
    Last edited by CIRF; 08-13-2021 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    There is no such thing as "heat lightning". It does not exist.

https://weather.com/science/weather-...ning-explainer
    Thank the Lord, somebody that actually took the time to look it up. You are 100% right sir.

I used to think they were such a thing as heat lightning also because that’s what I was told it was. Then I asked somebody smarter than me who happen to be one of the local television meteorologist that lives in our neighborhood and he echoed exactly what you just did.

Some people just think their opinions are more valuable than others and so they cannot be wrong. Hope you are well in Illinois.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    I wont be sad because 3 out of many ain't bad ..........
    I mean, I just picked 3 of the bigger races this season. There's tons and tons more on the national, regional, and local level. But go ahead..

I was amazed the show went through. All the lightning surrounding the track and no rain, it looked pretty cool.

Can't get the "reply with quote" option to work, BBQ.

We're doing well here in The Land O' Lincoln & crooked politicians. At least so far. One of the biggest racing weekends of the season outside of the PDC here in Illinois is coming up soon and the genius's in chitcago are beginning to lock things down just a bit. We're going to have to wear face coverings in the grandstands at the Illinois State Fair this year for all the concerts and the races on The Mile. I reckon we'd much rather be burdened with face mask's than not have a fair at all, like last year, so I'm not complainin' too much.

Hope you and all your loved ones are doing well in your part of the world, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Can't get the "reply with quote" option to work, BBQ.

We're doing well here in The Land O' Lincoln & crooked politicians. At least so far. One of the biggest racing weekends of the season outside of the PDC here in Illinois is coming up soon and the genius's in chitcago are beginning to lock things down just a bit. We're going to have to wear face coverings in the grandstands at the Illinois State Fair this year for all the concerts and the races on The Mile. I reckon we'd much rather be burdened with face mask's than not have a fair at all, like last year, so I'm not complainin' too much.

Hope you and all your loved ones are doing well in your part of the world, as well.
    A bunch of warm wind and heat lightning down here in the land of transplants….

Other than that, all pretty good with the family and friends……we don’t have anyone in that less than 1 % club yet, hoping our common sense and pragmatic approach to all of this continues to serve us well in that regard.

Face masks don’t bother me, I wear them when required…..I view them like I do speed limit signs in regards of effectiveness….yeah, they help but no they aren’t the single answer.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I have no objection to wearing a face mask at a dirt track race. The face mask is good for protecting one from inhaling all that dust at a dusty track. The only problem I have with the face mask is that I forget I have it on and will try to stick a ketchup covered French fry into my mouth before I remove the mask.