Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default who is the greatest driver ever?

must have 5 OR MORE YEARS combined at the top level of the class they were/are in total?

road course
    oval
    figure 8
    dirt
    pavement
    off road
    dont matter

BEST EVER!

i think the answer is easy but im curious as to what YOU think!
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

Mario Andretti

I always considered AJ and Mario the greatest ever.

A.J., Mario, Rufus or Gurney. Take your pick since any one of those 4 drivers fulfill the qualifications.

Well here we go again same as before good Ole Billy moyer best their was best their is best their ever will be

According to the tv Kyle Larson is. That’s such a loaded question, about like the Jordan, Lebron debate. Different eras, different cars, and competition makes it almost impossible to truly say who was the best. Mario would be my opinion also, but it’s hard not look at Larson’s achievements also. Super speedways, road course’s, and many different dirt rides.

Kyle Larson and it is not even close.

Impossible to answer.....

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    Kyle Larson and it is not even close.
    20 years from now, more than likely.
    8/13/16

Gotta see Kyle at Indy first, which I hope happens, but to say it’s not even close is a tad overboard regardless

Indy is a joke. I would never include that racing in any greatest driver discussion.

Well, good thing you aren’t the end all, be all

I truly believe Larson possesses as much raw talent as Foyt, Mario, Parnelli and Gurney, but to be ranked with those gentlemen he'll have to win the Indy 500 at least once. The big variable between those guys and Larson is the cars those guys drove as compared to Larson. The racecars of the era of the 4 drivers I mentioned were veritable death traps in comparison to what Larson is winning in. It took much more bravery to drive and win in the racecars that the aforementioned drivers did their winning in than it takes to drive racecars today. I'm not trying to say Larson isn't as brave as anyone who's ever driven a racecar. He may be. I'm just saying Foyt, Mario, Parnelli and Gurney left absolutely no doubt.

Mario’s F1 career puts him over the top for me, but heck, I guess that might be a joke too

So now you had to drive in the 1960’s to be considered a great driver? LOL … too funny.

Well I will say this, The drivers of the 60's had much less protection than drivers of today. They had concrete walls that stopped them. They had tires that compared to today are garbage. That along with other things seperated drivers in each of there careers. Mario has that F 1 title which pushes him above others. Larson stays healthy I think he can go down as one of the best. I hope he does run at indy, I do not like the open wheel racing you see today, it's mostly who brings the most money to the table racing. I can see Ganassi offering Kyle a indy ride, and his cars are always front runners at the speedway. If he wins the knoxville nationals this week social media is going to go crazy. Sponsorship commitments may keep him away from dirt racing if he wins the title in nascrap. I say enjoy it while you can, he is 1 of the best out there right now.

Greatest ever I have no idea……great that doesn’t get the recognition they should I could talk about.

Let’s start with David Pearson and Mark Donahue.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Too much variables to consider. Steve Kinser has to be near the top with 20 World Titles. John Force with 11 World Titles but I am not sure if that is driving or just hanging on for the ride LOL.

As far as pure talent?

Kyle Larson, and it's not close.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Bforwarned View Post
    Too much variables to consider. Steve Kinser has to be near the top with 20 World Titles. John Force with 11 World Titles but I am not sure if that is driving or just hanging on for the ride LOL.
    Those are considered world titles? Or is that term used loosely
    2021 race count
    6 events