Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyhucksux9 View Post
    You make young guys look stupid ☝Lol!!
    Humorous and quite accurate at the same time.

I will throw out a name that will make for good conversation... As far as raw driving talent, Tim Richmond was amazing. His career was cut short when he got sick, so hard to say how it would have played out in the long run. Not sure how to classify a guy like him in this discussion, I would like to hear other opinions from everyone.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyhucksux9 View Post
    You do realize you're reassuring everone just how hurt I've made you, right ? ? Lol!!
    Yes I do ! ! Thats back when you was going by the BOBBYWON name.

Its impossible to rate. There are so many variable plus there is so much media coverage that wasnt always around. Not all drivers wanted to or needed to race different types of cars.

On dirt.......Bloomer......by a cherry pickin country mile!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Barrel View Post
    Junior Banks from Hot Spot Kentucky.
    Good old number 13, if I remember correctly. I grew up about 15 minutes from Hot Spot.

I always hoped Junior Banks would beat the big boys when they came to Mountain Motor Speedway, but it never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired View Post
    Its impossible to rate. There are so many variable plus there is so much media coverage that wasnt always around. Not all drivers wanted to or needed to race different types of cars.
    That is a fact IMO. Nothing wrong with everyone posting their opinions, and I have seen all them race since the 50's and Obviously there were quite a few great ones. I really couldn't pick just one.

Quote Originally Posted by Action10 View Post
    I will throw out a name that will make for good conversation... As far as raw driving talent, Tim Richmond was amazing. His career was cut short when he got sick, so hard to say how it would have played out in the long run. Not sure how to classify a guy like him in this discussion, I would like to hear other opinions from everyone.
    Tim looked like he lived life on the edge and raced that way as well. A real shame the way nascar treated him at the end. A lot of big shots in nascar say Dale would of never got as many championships as he did if Tim was around entire time. As far as greatest I’m too young for Foyt and Andretti memories. Tony Stewart could win in multiple disciplines. Jimmie Johnson can’t get a handle on the Indy cars. I hope Larson can get in an Indy car of an F1 car before he’s out of his prime.
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

I enjoyed him running the Folgers # 25 sideways lap after lap at Darlington as if he was still in a sprint car in Ohio ! ! And he didn't take any crap from Earnhardt.

Richmond was certainly good driving Stock cars, but if we are going this route, how about Davey Allison. I often wonder if Gordon would have been so dominant in the 1990s if Allison would have lived. Of course we can do this all day.

drag racing = Bob Glidden , stock cars = Davey Allison , LM Dirt = ole Bloomer and Kinser in the flip N flops.....

This about like the MJ vs LeBron debate. Eras are too different to have a clear and honest GOAT. I'll just say Larson is greatest taken I've ever seen in my 36 years of being on this planet.

Just for the record MJ>LeFlop

I like larson , he is the sh!t right now , BUT , it takes more than a few years in the best equipment available , with the best help available to be the greatest of all time in any given form of racing.....JMO.....

Pretty cool, indeed !!!!

doug wolfgang

Quote Originally Posted by wfodirt66 View Post
    doug wolfgang
    Too bad he lost favor with so many fellow drivers and fans for being sue happy in a sport where everybody knowingly take risks every day....

Quote Originally Posted by wfodirt66 View Post
    doug wolfgang
    Sprint car winner in my book as well, stock cars probably not...

about ever 20 years a great driver comes along Petty, Mario, AJ, Rich Vogler, Kinser, Mears, Gordon, Johnson, Unser, Earnhardt, Purvis, Moyer, Larson, Clauson, and i am positive i missed a few.