Default Who would you like to thank

In line with the 4-wide at non Crown Jewel events and buzz words that some commentators wear out, "who would you like to thank" has run it's course for me. It's gone from a genuine "who would I like to thank" to determine how fast I can reel off the names on the side of the car. If it was someone that seldom gets interviewed, I think it's a good opportunity to get some time to recognize their sponsors. Those of us that are truly race fans are more than likely the ones that watch the recaps and interviews with the drivers. Although I'm going out on the limb here, but a high percentage of the viewers have the ability to read. I'm guessing that most know of us can see Crossfit Overton is on the front of Brandon Overton's car by now. God Bless Bob and Lisa Cullen. I can't understand a word that Kyle Bronson says anyhow whether it's thanking his sponsors or his reasoning for knocking his spoiler of his deck on lap 18 of a 100 lap feature. And finally, Bshepp, please marry you fiancee before the kids get out of school. It's time to pop the question!

LOL! So true

and how many times do you have to say where every driver is from?

Or how about then they ask a driver "If I would have told you in _______ that you would be sitting here in victory lane at ______" would you believe me?

Good post !
    I often wake and sit up in bed at night and thank Seubert Calf Ranchs, Valvoline, Gunters honey, Ace metal works,, Saldana well services, Rocket pre owned motors, Durham racing engines, Keyser manufacturing, Integra shocks and springs, (then insert heavy breathing). Then only after thanking Mark, Steve, Dan, Austin and Joel, can I rest my head on the pillow and fall back asleep. Very frustrating. 😖
    8/13/16

[QUOTE=Highside Hustler25;2406576]Good post !
    I often wake and sit up in bed at night and thank Seubert Calf Ranchs, Valvoline, Gunters honey, Ace metal works,, Saldana well services, Rocket pre owned motors, Durham racing engines, Keyser manufacturing, Integra shocks and springs, (then insert heavy breathing). Then only after thanking Mark, Steve, Dan, Austin and Joel, can I rest my head on the pillow and fall back asleep. Very frustrating. [/QUOTE

You forgot his girlfriend, Makayleigh(sp?), daughter Addison and son son Chase. and also his grandfather and father, if it wasn't for them he wouldn't be here. Lol

Oh yeah, I think the date is set. And I agree. Get er done Sheppy. Seems like a good Mom.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by cmonblue View Post
    In line with the 4-wide at non Crown Jewel events and buzz words that some commentators wear out, "who would you like to thank" has run it's course for me. It's gone from a genuine "who would I like to thank" to determine how fast I can reel off the names on the side of the car. If it was someone that seldom gets interviewed, I think it's a good opportunity to get some time to recognize their sponsors. Those of us that are truly race fans are more than likely the ones that watch the recaps and interviews with the drivers. Although I'm going out on the limb here, but a high percentage of the viewers have the ability to read. I'm guessing that most know of us can see Crossfit Overton is on the front of Brandon Overton's car by now. God Bless Bob and Lisa Cullen. I can't understand a word that Kyle Bronson says anyhow whether it's thanking his sponsors or his reasoning for knocking his spoiler of his deck on lap 18 of a 100 lap feature. And finally, Bshepp, please marry you fiancee before the kids get out of school. It's time to pop the question!
    This is the best post I’ve read on here in a long time...LOL

Interviews have turned into every other sport interview. They say nothing for as long possible. I honestly wish they would stop interviewing winners after heat races and during redraws. The only time drivers say anythingn interesting is when they're in the pits in their street clothes and are in no hurry, they just sound like hockey players otherwise.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyhucksux9 View Post
    I'd like to thank anyone who wooops bobby's azz again like b shepp did last night... 落
    I guess you don't have anyone to thank today after that fabulous Bobby win at that Pevey SN race tonight ? ?
    Last edited by Raceready; 08-15-2021 at 01:03 AM.

If they want to honor their sponsors and maybe get better sponsors they need to put there sponsors on there trailer dirt trailers are about the only ones in racing that are not lettered it's a great opportunity for advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wide View Post
    If they want to honor their sponsors and maybe get better sponsors they need to put there sponsors on there trailer dirt trailers are about the only ones in racing that are not lettered it's a great opportunity for advertising.
    If you put your sponsors on the trailer it takes the rig to a whole different level with dot. Most dirt racing rigs are "registered rv's" as soon as you put a sponsor on their it's considered a commercial vehicle and subject to dot inspections log books commercial insurance etc... I'm not arguing it one way or another but that is the reason for no sponsors

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    If you put your sponsors on the trailer it takes the rig to a whole different level with dot. Most dirt racing rigs are "registered rv's" as soon as you put a sponsor on their it's considered a commercial vehicle and subject to dot inspections log books commercial insurance etc... I'm not arguing it one way or another but that is the reason for no sponsors
    I'm self employed I have all my trucks lettered not a lot of difference in insurance rates they have to run commercial tags lettered or not the benefits are a lot better than the cost it is with out a doubt the cheapest way to advertise.