Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by AllenK View Post
    Did Hickman run over something,or did he just blister his tire? He was pointing something out on the track during the last caution.
    Tire was worn down with no real tread left, but it had a 10" to 12" rip in the tire long ways so appears he did run over something

Did a track official retrieve anything from the track after Hickman pointed to something during the last caution? Couldn’t tell on TV.

Terry M, yes. There was a piece of debris that the track official picked up. I honestly don’t think Riley ran it over to cause his problem. He was sliding his tires pretty good and I think he just wore the right rear down. I hate it for him. I don’t think anyone had anything for him but that’s why you run all the laps. I was happy to see my guy Page win though.

I was rooting for Page too. What did you think about the track announcer’s question in the post race interview?

Terry, we had a lot of kids who worked themselves into a humid lather in the crowded kids bouncy house, lol. This was the 1st time since the ownership changed that we had a super slick yet rather locked down track. It puzzled us a little as all the racers in the past months have complimented the track prep. Out of the 15 races, we have had just a few, "one of those nights."

The end game is for the track to make a couple of dollars, give good racing value to the fans, have decent racing and run a crisp program, a vast majority of our shows are very well run. Are car counts are way up, the crowds are increasing, concession sales good and happier racers who know that Adam is busting his tail at this track to put on a better product. If you talk to our fans, they enjoy themselves at Talladega because it is just a cool place to spend a night at the races.

LMM

144x4= alot of rubber being put down.
    2021 race count
    6 events

I apologize, Mark. My comments last night were spur of the moment. My wife is out in California for a week. First time we’ve ever been apart. I was in a mood maybe. I’m old school and have my opinions of the sport. I’m assuming you are, and do, as well. I want the best for all tracks, and the best for the future of the sport. Thank you for everything you and your track do. Especially for the kids.

Terry M, I thought his comment was far stretched and trying to create something that really wasn’t there. He tried to make it out that contact by Page was what caused Hickman’s tire to go down. That was the farthest from the truth. Like I said earlier. Dwayne is not the best announcer but he is far from the worst. He was just trying to stir the pot with his comment. I think Page put it to rest with his response when he was asked about it in victory lane.

Now that Late Model Mark guy. Talk about atrocious. LOL. I’m kidding Mark. Don’t send the enforcers after me.

I am not going to say anything about how late it was this is 3rd governors cup in a row for me got home same time all 3 times.Thought tra was really good till about halfway thru supers but very entertaining race for me. Really surprised about the 45 supers was thinking about 32 would be there. The only thing that irritated me was that mess of a 602 feature not the track fault.overall good night.

i didnt go because of the forecast but watched it on flo. i love talladega and consider it a second home track but locking down 10 laps in to a 60 lap feature and having it turn into a tire conservation race is pitiful. cut some of the other late model classes if thats whats needed to put out a good product. that dirt has had so much rubber put on it that the best answer is new dirt. its been 10 years since the last time

Riddle when we got home we were not brown frown the dirt, we were all black from the tire rubber. 🤣🤣
    I do agree for a big show they should have 2 maybe three support classes at the most. With 145 cars in the pits it took 47 mins 15 seconds to run hot laps. Joke @ to Late Model Mark with the exact time. 🤣🤣 Then you throw in the Hall of Fame ceremony it was going to be a long night. I was happy to get to see all the racing though. Even thought the track got rubbered up there was still some pretty good racing. We rolled in the door at 3:15 and we only live 45 mins away.

Less classes next year for this event please

Terry, no worries bud, you have passion and sometimes we post stuff.

I want to stress this one last time, as far as the track surface went, we were thrown a Hoyt Wilhelm knuckleball in how it turned out. It has been a very nice surface up until Sat night.

I knew during the night with the size and scope of this race that when it was snail slow in SLM time trials we may have an issue, sure and the s*&# wasn't from a lack of effort.

The entire staff at TST busted the tails during the evening, we try hard, most in attendance had a good time.

My hats off to Adam, that ole boy works his keyster off.

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer

“Hoyt Wilhelm knuckleball”

Mark, I’m not only a dirt late model historian, I’m also a baseball historian. Can’t wait to meet you.

Just further proof you’re not a true Georgian.

The only recognized knuckleball here was thrown by Niekro.

Never claimed to be a Georgian, but I’ll talk baseball with ya forever.

Funny story, one of my best friends to this day and basketball teammate in high school could shoot it very well, but his shot had absolutely no rotation. Our coach affectionately dubbed him Hoyt because “you shoot the ugliest knuckleball Bulls**t shot I’ve ever seen, but it goes in”. Me and one other guy were the only two that laughed initially because nobody else knew what in the hell he was talking about.

As a previous comment stated, this event has ran after midnight the past few years. Less classes should be looked at for next year. Especially after SAS stated on Facebook this was one of there “crown jewel” events every year. Well we all know Crown Jewels run less classes. It should also be looked at at running this event a week earlier next season. Running against a 6k and 50k in Wisconsin makes better sense than running against a 10k and 50k In Kentucky. I know 45 was present but still.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

BJ parker loved ALL the classes , being as this race is run in his honor , I say leave it alone....JMO.....

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    BJ parker loved ALL the classes , being as this race is run in his honor , I say leave it alone....JMO.....
    Love that idea…….especially since the race is honoring him.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????