Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Davenport WoO 3 day race

Besides the 9 or 10 regular tour drivers who else is coming. Yes I know Lucas Oil is having a 3 day show in Port Royal the same weekend. I figured Davenport will get most of the midwest guys that don't travel with Lucas but I was hoping maybe some of the Kentucky, Tennessee drivers would come up to Iowa.

Shannon Babb, Jeremiah Hurst, Garrett Alberson

Maybe Chris Simpson, Chad Simpson
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

I did see Devin Moran, Billy Moyer Jr, Frank Heckenest Jr and Jimmy Mars have it on their schedules as of now. The Simpsons both have it on their schedule.

Bloomquist has it on a schedule but who knows if he'll be there or if Hoffman will be or someone else.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Just checked into camping availability, $150 for the 3 day show per Mississippi Valley fairgrounds. I asked for a site map of the open spots left and the reply was " We have NO map, you will be directed to a site as camping opens Thursday at 8 a.m."

I called trying to make a campsite reservation but they said first come first serve. I’ll be there Thursday morning so should be fine but not sure how big of an area they have

$150 to camp is ridiculous. But it is Outlaws

Quote Originally Posted by bullring View Post
    $150 to camp is ridiculous. But it is Outlaws
    Pretty sure the track is charging for camping and not the series that is running there.

The fee is set by the fairgrounds...know what's crazy though. That's more than a Week Long pass to get into the fair there AND see ALL of the headliner concerts. So to park your camper and plug it in they are making more money than from selling 6 day passes with concert tickets...

EDIT: I checked the website and you should be able to argue with them about that price.

https://mvfair.com/camping/

Says right on their page that 30 amp is $25/night and 50 amp is $35/night, so it should only be $75 - $105, not $150...
    Last edited by MotoMatt; 08-18-2021 at 11:40 AM.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Illstate32 View Post
    He's bringing Sir Blackie to run in the SB car...
    No doubt he will surely do better than that old bloomy guy has done lately ?

I had planned on going but WOO has changed the tire rules 3 times (so far) so I said screw it.

First WOO officials told me via email it would be LM 20's, 30's and 40's (which I had 20's)
    Then a week later the WOO website said LM 30's, W30's all 4 corners with a LM 40 RR option (So I bought W30's)
    Then a week later and currently the rule is LF open tire and LM40 RR, RF and LR

West lake county park is only 4 miles from the track and offers Camping with water electric and sewer. I haven’t camped there but have heard it is very nice

Scott county park is also close and very nice. West lake may still be going through a renovation of the lake and be tore up, I haven't been by there in a while so I can't tell you for sure.

It's on Shirley's schedule.

Add Bobby Pierce

Gonna be a barnburner then if Bobs gonna be there !!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Raceready; 08-23-2021 at 02:18 AM.

highest finishing hoker sponsored car gets an extra 2500, so i am guessing kay simpsons skwirrel fager and robert f pierce will all be there

Davenport better hope for a miracle if not they might not even get 24 cars. As it stands right now there is only 20 cars that have it on their schedule. If they get to 24 it will be because of local guys showing up and local is Iowa and Illinois drivers.

They should just cancel the event then. 20 cars is not enough. Cancel it

Can’t wait!!!!