Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thumbs up Cade Dillard drops off WOO Late Model Series due to daughters 1st day of school.

Cade Dillard drops off WOO Late Model Series due to daughters 1st day of school.

Good for him putting family first.

Copied from his Facebook page.

This was not an easy decision for me to make. Anyone who knows me knows how seriously I take my job title of “Dad”. Thursday is my daughters very first day of school which is also a WOO race in Pennsylvania. I tried hard to come up with a solution with WOO to be able to miss one race (and to not receive any points) but, if I did miss one by their rules, I wouldn’t receive any point money at the end of the year because my situation to miss doesn’t apply.. There’s moments once you miss them you can’t get them back and being there to bring my daughter to her first day of school happens to be one of those moments I don’t want to look back and regret missing when I could have made a way to be there. With that being said Shane Sprinkle and I have discussed it and decided to drop off of WOO for the year and finish the year racing the big races we want to attend. This weekend that happens to be the Topless 100 in Batesville Arkansas. Thanks to all my great fans who support us every week.
    Nathan Stephens: Hobart (Northwest), Indiana.
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 08-18-2021 at 01:36 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

I think it's possible that atleast 3 of the 4 will be rained out anyway
    2021 race count
    6 events

So they're down to 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    So they're down to 8.
    Regardless they could've cut the championship check and handed out the trophy over a month ago
    2021 race count
    6 events

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    So they're down to 8.
    And the shallowest DLM tour in the world just got shallower.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    Regardless they could've cut the championship check and handed out the trophy over a month ago
    First of the year.

Glad to see someone put family first. Good for him.

Not to trash WoO but they really are a step behind Lucas in almost every aspect of being a national tour.

I would like to see them up their game a little next season, and hope a few big names come on board. They really need a few guys like (Moran, Fergy, Overton, etc). Not that I'm suggesting those guys to run WoO because Moran and Overton are having good seasons running pick and choose, but they need some names to add to their roster.

I would like to see them increase their purses to the same size as normal Lucas races.

Quote Originally Posted by MRM View Post
    First of the year.
    I wouldn't say that early. They weren't very good then. They are slightly better now though. I thought Madden officially joining would challenge them but he's run pretty dismal since May when he won 3 in a row.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Dillard has two wins with WoO and has only made a little less than $4000 more than Jimmy Owens has on Lucas Oil with no wins.

Back to the topic of the post….(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word), things get hijacked quickly.

I applaud him for this move. Time with your children is a precious commodity that can’t be recouped down the road. He’s not going to get to the end of his life and say, “I sure do wish I’d have been in Pennsylvania in August 2021.” He will, however, value forever watching his baby girl walk into school for the first.

Kudos, Cade……

Nice move by Cade Dillard to put family first, maybe Lucas Oil will have a new rookie next year ?

Where did it go off topic?
    2021 race count
    6 events

So if a driver/team misses ONE race they don't get any points money am I understanding this right if so that is the stupidest I've ever heard

Quote Originally Posted by 50Dixon50 View Post
    So if a driver/team misses ONE race they don't get any points money am I understanding this right if so that is the stupidest I've ever heard
    Cade's decision doesn't fall into the matter of it being a hardship situation like when he missed a few events a month or so back because of being in the hospital.
    2021 race count
    6 events

We’ve all taken time off work for stuff with our children. The difference obviously being we get paid regardless, while Cade Dillard is having money stolen from him. Money he’s already earned. I understand the reasoning for WOO’s policy. If you allow one driver a break, then you have to allow all your drivers a break. What if four drivers need the same weekend off? Some drivers may not even have kids, while some have multiple children. Then there other things that pop up, that may not even involve your kids. Where do they draw the line? I’m guessing this will result in a change to the WOO rule book. Maybe even immediately. It’s also resulted in Cade Dillard moving way up my favorite drivers list. Kudos, young man.

Cade needs to get some new shirt made that says Family First. He may just sell a ton of them. Kudo's to him.

It wasn't like I didn't hve respect for him before this but, this just reminded me why I do.

I love it family first. You just can't go wrong when it comes to your kids and putting them first.

I'm a little torn on this one, I have to say that first. Kinda stinks on Woo's end to seem so "hard and unwilling to bend" but also rules are rules. Do they really care about $30-40k at the end of the year? When they spend $500k, I hardly doubt it. Just my opinion. The rank and file workers all across the country or world miss things (family, vacations, or otherwise) because of many reasons. If you ask to get off the week before, you are far less likely than months in advance. We all make the decision to work and get paid, or not to work and not to get paid. It just so happens that Cade has a high profile job, that many of us would love to have verse the everyday assembly line worker that many of us wouldn't want to do. Congrats to the Dillard family ultimately, for staying united for special events. I do believe Madden has used the family excuse a time or two when it helps his case!

TerryM
    I get where you're going with your post, but there's a couple things you mentioned that aren't accurate from my perspective.

The first being that, paraphrasing, we get paid for taking off work for stuff with our kids. There's a large segment of the population where that simply isn't true. Consider yourself fortunate if you have that benefit.

The second, unless their rules changed, every driver should've been aware of the consequences of this type of circumstance. I don't see it as " having money stolen".

It certainly shines a negative light on WoO, especially with how Cade expressed his perspective. I wouldn't be surprised for a rule change as you mentioned.

I would say next year don't go woo come on over to Lucus oil LatemodelDirt Series