Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 50Dixon50 View Post
    I would say next year don't go woo come on over to Lucus oil LatemodelDirt Series
    Doesn't mean they would make an exception either...
    2021 race count
    6 events

WoO let Jason Sides and James McFadden miss several races this year already. Mcfaddens deal is somewhat understandable. Sides took a whole month off because someone rearended his hauler and the WoO didn't care to keep him on the payroll. Something doesn't add up there? The guy wanted one weekend off to be with his kid. The WoO needs Cade more than he needs the WoO.

Even if the sprints and late models are ran by 2 different groups, it still doesn't make it right that they're both under the WRG banner and don't get treated equally. Someone needs to straighten that up.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 08-18-2021 at 06:42 PM.

Things like this tend to remind drivers that following a tour isn’t the be all end all in dirt late model racing, especially when you have a family.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    WoO let Jason Sides and James McFadden miss several races this year already. Mcfaddens deal is somewhat understandable. Sides took a whole month off because someone rearended his hauler and the WoO didn't care to keep him on the payroll. Something doesn't add up there? The guy wanted one weekend off to be with his kid. The WoO needs Cade more than he needs the WoO.
    Sides accident was just that and wasn't any fault of his. I totally understand Cade's situation but there was nothing wrong with him nor his wife or a close relative in the hospital, hauler wasn't broke, & no funeral to attend. When it comes down to it this was his choice and I applaud him for putting family first. I think you have to understand both sides of the situation. Could he have made it there yes. Did he choose to go no.
    Now down the road WOO could add some provisions and have those listed under the hardship rules going forward.
    To me the championship money thing is stupid. I think he should still get paid for his points finishing position.
    Davenport missed a few races in Lucas because he chose to race at Bristol instead of Atomic & Brownstown.
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 08-18-2021 at 06:48 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Quote Originally Posted by COKEandaSMILE View Post
    TerryM
    I get where you're going with your post, but there's a couple things you mentioned that aren't accurate from my perspective.

The first being that, paraphrasing, we get paid for taking off work for stuff with our kids. There's a large segment of the population where that simply isn't true. Consider yourself fortunate if you have that benefit.

The second, unless their rules changed, every driver should've been aware of the consequences of this type of circumstance. I don't see it as " having money stolen".

It certainly shines a negative light on WoO, especially with how Cade expressed his perspective. I wouldn't be surprised for a rule change as you mentioned.
    I understand everyone’s employment situation is different, but a lot of places now allow you to accrue time immediately, so that you have a paid day built up every six weeks. But again, I know everyone’s not in the same situation. As for the money stolen part, he’s earned his spot in the points. To take that away from him for missing one race, just seems extremely harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    Sides accident was just that and wasn't any fault of his. I totally understand Cade's situation but there was nothing wrong with him nor his wife or a close relative in the hospital, hauler wasn't broke, & no funeral to attend. When it comes down to it this was his choice and I applaud him for putting family first. I think you have to understand both sides of the situation. Could he have made it there yes. Did he choose to go no.
    Now down the road WOO could add some provisions and have those listed under the hardship rules going forward.
    To me the championship money thing is stupid. I think he should still get paid for his points finishing position.
    Davenport missed a few races in Lucas because he chose to race at Bristol instead of Atomic & Brownstown.
    Davenport hasn’t missed a race. He was at atomic, and he gets to run at brownstown in September’s re scheduled race.

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    Them not having a hauler is a poor excuse. You can't tell me if they really wanted to race, they wouldn't have leased, rented, or borrowed one. I can see giving them a pass for a weekend, not a month.

Good on you 97.

The best thing in life I’ll ever be called is dad. That paycheck helps provide for them, but what they need most doesn’t come with a price tag.

Enjoy the walk in. It’s an honor every time.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    WoO let Jason Sides and James McFadden miss several races this year already. Mcfaddens deal is somewhat understandable. Sides took a whole month off because someone rearended his hauler and the WoO didn't care to keep him on the payroll. Something doesn't add up there? The guy wanted one weekend off to be with his kid. The WoO needs Cade more than he needs the WoO.Even if the sprints and late models are ran by 2 different groups, it still doesn't make it right that they're both under the WRG banner and don't get treated equally. Someone needs to straighten that up.
    He didn't even want the weekend off. He just wanted Thursday night. But they know there barely gonna get enough cars tor a full field so they shafted him.

Anyone know what the Lucas rule is on this? They can take time off whenever they want?

Nice to see Cade put his family 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by waaac77 View Post
    Anyone know what the Lucas rule is on this? They can take time off whenever they want?
    To get points fun money you only have to be at 75% of races I believe

Unless they changed it it's 80%.

A.) If a driver that is in the top twelve (12) in point standings misses any event(s), that driver must
    make-up total number of missed event(s) before driver is eligible once again for winners circle money
    Last edited by NeedforLM$peed; 08-18-2021 at 09:44 PM.
    2021 race count
    6 events

I’m pretty sure davenport does not get to race at brownstown

He has the date on his schedule.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Whichever day of that 3 day show is the makeup I don’t think they are letting him run. Otherwise you let that happen and every time your tour has an extremely unfavorable forecast guys would quit showing.

I’m fairly certain I read an article on DirtonDirt that JD was going to be able to run the Lucas make up event.

I understand rules are rules, but in situations like this, I believe WoO should have the top 10 (or 8 or how many are committed to the series) vote on it. Cade’s been loyal to WoO for awhile now. I know wasn’t happy that the WoO opened the season in Florida forcing him to miss the Wild West Shootout.
    Last edited by pushin cushin; 08-19-2021 at 05:35 AM.

Technically Davenport could just use a provisional for Brownstown.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Family is your first priority, daddy. That is the word that will always touch your heart. WRG, bone heads again.