Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

JD absolutely gets to run Brownstown. I'm pretty sure it was on Rigsby's podcast that Schwallie talked about it. They initially told him he couldn't but JD pointed out that they weren't following their own rule.

Pennsboro32,

Yes, I'm pretty sure I read Davenport can run too. I'm unsure how that is allowed within the rules, but of course they want him back on tour for interest.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

ive always been a cade fan and this made me like him more. WoO will always be backseat to lucas for multiple reasons

Watching Dillard come up through the modified ranks always thought him to be a classy person. Clean driver, humble, and not braggadocio kind. Saying that there could be other factors that aren’t evident from the outside. Financial resources, return on investment, family dynamics, etc. For you folks that get the zoomies around conspiracy theories he isn’t in a Rocket, so there’s that .
    I hate time trials.

Firstly, I think he made the right decision (not that what I think matters), for multiple reason, mainly being for his daughter. Also a big consideration would be whether you want to drive 6 hours to Batesville to run for 5k, 5k, 40k over 3 days or drive 20+ hours to NY/PA to run for 10k, 10k, 10k, 10k over 4 days, and considering possible rainouts.

He is 6th in points, which if he stays there would pay $24K at the end of the season. If he picks and chooses around the south and midwest for the rest of the summer/fall, he could easily make all that back up quickly whilst being much closer to home and getting to go where he wants to go.

However, I DO think that if he really wanted to stay committed to the tour (which I wouldn't), it wouldn't be impossible to get a plane ticket, even with a stop from LA to NY and be able to get to the race track, but maybe not.

Either way, I dang sure wouldn't drive 15+ hours PAST Batesville to go to NY and PA.

Good luck in Batesville!
    Last edited by zach51; 08-19-2021 at 10:04 AM.

I respect him for his decision. I find fault in WOO not paying drivers what they've earned. If the points payout goes to however many positions -- those drivers should be paid regardless. Just my point of view -- I wasn't there for my son's first days of school due to work. My Dad wasn't there due to being in the military, honestly as a kid -- I didn't care. Other professionals in sports may miss the first day of school or other major events. Just like missing a race isn't the end of the world, equally, missing the first day of school isn't. Many parents across the country miss the first day of school due to work commitments. Cade is fortunate that his career allows him to make the decision he wants and he can go racing elsewhere.

Way to stand up for what you believe in! He made me a fan!

I just ordered a shirt off his website and I encourage all you other keyboard jockeys to do the same thing! Help the boy make up some of that WOO point fund money he wont get!

I agree with what everyone is saying about points funds, but almost every series has a percentage that a driver must attend to receive the money. It is in every series rule book and available for everyone to read.

Quote Originally Posted by riddle28 View Post
    WoO will always be backseat to lucas for multiple reasons
    What makes you so sure Lucas oil would make an exception? Do you know how Lucas Oil handles these circumstances?
    Last edited by NeedforLM$peed; 08-19-2021 at 06:44 PM.
    2021 race count
    6 events

we all make decisions based on what we believe what is best. WoO makes their rules. Racers decide how to proceed with their circumstances. and then get called cherry pickers!!!

best wishes to Cade. he can drive!

Saw him win USMTS race at my hometown track when my racebuddy Dad, who was in the hospital at the time, said you aren't sitting around here when there is a race down the street.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Good for Cade, he did the right thing. I have been fortunate enough to have a job where I could take off, without pay, for important family events. WOO messed up on this decision.

Quote Originally Posted by COKEandaSMILE View Post
    The first being that, paraphrasing, we get paid for taking off work for stuff with our kids. There's a large segment of the population where that simply isn't true. Consider yourself fortunate if you have that benefit.

The second, unless their rules changed, every driver should've been aware of the consequences of this type of circumstance. I don't see it as " having money stolen".
    👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏!!!!!!
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    What makes you so sure Lucas oil would make an exception? Do you know how Lucas Oil handles these circumstances?
    Their rules are a little different and seem to be more realistic and somewhat more flexible.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

some of you need to turn in your man card. I don't recall any dads growing up worrying about a school day, you know they were busy working their as5es off.

Quote Originally Posted by obamaracing#1 View Post
    some of you need to turn in your man card. I don't recall any dads growing up worrying about a school day, you know they were busy working their as5es off.
    Well said.......as a father of two, theres a fine line. But the most important is taking care of them, (home, food, medical, education), which takes ......MONEY!

Quote Originally Posted by obamaracing#1 View Post
    I went in two hours late so I could take my son to his first day of school. Did the same with my daughter a few years later. Didn’t cost me or my family a dime. And you wouldn’t question my man card in person, so stop pretending you’re a badass on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Illstate32 View Post
    Terry you never had a man card to show lol. Weak attempt to sound tough there tm... 
    Unlike you, I don’t hide.

It was more than a decade ago, but...

When i/we booked the WoO Late Models at our track, we knew which drivers had signed contracts, and we knew who was contracted to compete at our track...

We would have been very upset and let down, had we paid in advance for the drivers we were promised (and advertised) and those drivers skipped our event.

I am a dad as well, so I certainly understand the family/life/work dilemmas... Kudos for that.

But, contracts are signed for a reason. Each contracted team gets $500 for each event, to justify some of the travel and expenses in running a tour.

The tracks hosting the WoO events this weekend, also have the right to be ticked off. They are getting 1/9th less than the product they already paid for.

Every team knows the contracts and the rules they are to follow.... Break them, and don't get paid. Seems pretty simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Illstate32 View Post
    You're all hiding behind a screen name... lol some dam morris!!!
    I mean, I’m not.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

So Cade is at the Topless with "Family First" on his spoiler!!