Default Heard a Rumor on WORLD 100 TIRE SHORTAGE

I heard that there is a shortage of tires for the WORLD 100. Is this true? I also heard that the car counts will be down this year to around 70.

Rumors are just that until we know other wise. I'd imagine car counts will be around 90 or so. I can see some guys saving tires so they can run that race weekend. If they have a tire rule like they did for the DREAM i think they will be ok. I think just let guys run tires that are used in their region a hard tire and a medium tire. I'm sure Eldora officials have heard and are preparing for any issues like this.
    Nathan Stephens: Hobart (Northwest), Indiana.

Next race(s): Kokomo (IN) - Kokomo Klash - October 15th & 16th. Winchester (IN) - Winchester 400 - 10/17
    Races 35 - Tracks: 15
    2021 Season (17) - Brownstown (IN) 1, Circle City (IN) 1, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 6, Farmer City (IL) 1, Florence (KY) 1, Gas City (IN) 1, Hartford (MI) 1, Kankakee (IL) 3, Kokomo (IN) 4, LaSalle (IL) 1, Lincoln Park (IN) 1, Plymouth (IN) 2, Shadyhill (IN) 6, & Spoon River (IL) 1

There is a tire supposed shortage for the whole sport. Eldora is not exempt from the chaos...

Itís not a supposed tire shortage, there is one. Hoosier is having to pick and choose what they can make and when they can make them. All the posts say tire production should pick up at the end of the month so thatís a good sign

Good point, I shouldn't have used the word supposed. Puts everyone in a tough spot.

been a shortage for months

Thereís a major shortage here. Our tire supplier normally has hundreds. Heís got squat. And thatís just for our little humble weekend warrior gig. Word he got was 2-3 weeks and back to normal, but for now we get bumpkiss.

Is this ..vid related?

It's supply related. I'm a shooter and a reloader, prices have doubled IF you can find anything. It's been like this for months. I can't get the tires I want for my street rod, I was told it could be up to a year because the manufactures can't get supplies.

It's supply related, which in turn, is probably covid related.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    It's supply related. I'm a shooter and a reloader, prices have doubled IF you can find anything. It's been like this for months. I can't get the tires I want for my street rod, I was told it could be up to a year because the manufactures can't get supplies.
    I run a tire shop. Lots of tires on backorder. Especially big truck tires and specialty tires. Tire prices also taking huge increases.

Tires are getting made and there at the track the next day.. it's a mess

its not a rumor. the podcast with francis last week he said they had to drive to clarksville to get enough tires from a dealer, not even straight from hoosier, for florence. the loyalty to the purple mafia with these series is sad

Default AR

Quote Originally Posted by riddle28 View Post
    its not a rumor. the podcast with francis last week he said they had to drive to clarksville to get enough tires from a dealer, not even straight from hoosier, for florence. the loyalty to the purple mafia with these series is sad
    Open up tires to American Racers equilivent compound tires.
    Competition would do the Purple Mafia good.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAddDirt View Post
    Open up tires to American Racers equilivent compound tires.
    Competition would do the Purple Mafia good.
    Thatís all well and good, but American Racer has even bigger supply issues than Hoosier at the moment.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

It's an issue over seas where the rubber is sourced. It's an industry wide issue. The video I saw on YouTube described it as a disease killing the trees the rubber is sourced from. And because all of the trees are basically clones off of on tree their genetic make up is so similar that once it infected one tree it infected them all. I realize that seems a bit coincidental because of what the world is going through now, but that's what was explained.

Not to mention the AR open stuff is just not as competitive as Hoosier. They were a sponsor of mine and they asked me what they could do to get more guys to run them. My answer was build a better tire. They may last longer overall but most guys cannot compete on them and they are going to bolt on what is always fast. Ray Cook and David Payne are the exceptions in some conditions.

I thought most of the tires were a synthetic rubber and not natural.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Not sure about racing tires. But what I saw was due to the trees? https://youtu.be/p_9XvHBb3nw

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher88 View Post
    It's an issue over seas where the rubber is sourced. It's an industry wide issue. The video I saw on YouTube described it as a disease killing the trees the rubber is sourced from. And because all of the trees are basically clones off of on tree their genetic make up is so similar that once it infected one tree it infected them all. I realize that seems a bit coincidental because of what the world is going through now, but that's what was explained.
    Let me guess.......covid kills trees as well! smh

Generally, i see it as a bunch of excuses! A wise man once told me.......find ONE reason to do something, instead of hundred not to!
    An army of sheep led by a lion(Trump), is mightier than an army of lions, led by a sheep(Biden).