Default Hunt the Front....interesting info

One has to wonder if more guys/teams will start doing this to generate income for the team. I understand now why Jonathon could afford to quit his job as a school teacher to run the channel. Here is a 3 minute video of basically how much money is taken in by the Hunt the Front You Tube/Patreon channels. Here is a link https://youtu.be/XD2hrm2ozuU or you can search YouTube for the video under How much does Hunt the Front make from YouTube.

A lot of guessing here but still interesting
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

I agree it is a stretch but the guy that did the video, does this for a living. So, if he is even close, how many teams would benefit from the $300K cash flow into their race program???

There’s not enough people taking advantage of the social media scene. (YouTube, tiktok, etc.) drivers and teams could make a killing if they did it right.

Personally I applaud HTF not only for their entertaining videos that allows folks like me to live somewhat vicariously through their videos and kind of feeling like part of a crew again (like before kids and bills and careers, etc...), but for finding a niche that's financing their wildest dreams and allowing them to race on a level they probably never thought possible. I really struggle figuring out why anyone would hate on them on any level, because they picked up a camera and started filming and posting...just like anybody else could have done...or still could do for that matter. I would question the sustainability of that income over the years, but hey, who wouldn't want to quit their job and go racing on that level if they could afford it?

I feel like they definitly spend more then 80k on racing and definitly not all of there patreon subscribers are at 20$, but good for them! I'm glad somebody in racing is taking advantage of it. Ryan missler does a great job with YouTube as well
    Last edited by Dlmfan123; 08-22-2021 at 01:35 AM.

The difference between these guys and most, not all, racing Youtubers is that they really do tell stories and keep the narrative moving forward. Too many of these racing pages come on and the person says where they are racing then we are onboard for a heat race. I don't even know your name or where you are from !!
    Bottom line, very few racers are gonna be as good at running a page as the Joiners are.

Yep, that’s the magic dust……everyone can do it, but they don’t……hats off to them for the exposure they bring to what most of us see every week from the pits or shop.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Most drivers just probably don't have the time to make videos that are quality to make money with. I make a few videos every now and then, but if you are the one working on the car during the week, racing that car, cleaning equipment after races, etc... it doesn't leave much time especially if you still work a job during the week. It takes a full effort of quite a few guys to make HTF videos as good as it is currently.

Anyone ever see what David gravel did with the woo sprints ? They where on you tube daily talking about the grind on the road what team members did during the day, how there race day unfolded, etc. etc. It was interesting to see what goes on because everyone thinks it a glamorous life.

I personally prefer old #7 garage with Tim Nash

Quote Originally Posted by PushinTheLimit View Post
    Most drivers just probably don't have the time to make videos that are quality to make money with. I make a few videos every now and then, but if you are the one working on the car during the week, racing that car, cleaning equipment after races, etc... it doesn't leave much time especially if you still work a job during the week. It takes a full effort of quite a few guys to make HTF videos as good as it is currently.
    That’s why you hire someone. Social media content is king. Would be worth the investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim11h View Post
    I personally prefer old #7 garage with Tim Nash
    his is probably the second biggest channel, i think him not winning very much is what keeps him from breaking out. its usually the same video of running top 5 at the local track. he just needs a little more variety

There were a few before HTF and have been many new ones since. Some of the ones I like watching are.

Ryan Missler
    Red Clay Oval
    Dirt Days with Brad Berry Racing
    Kick N Asphalt
    Chase Holland Racing

Just to name a few. I personally loose interest as they get more successful which is what happened with me and watching HTF. It gets too unrelateble. While I wish them nothing but success, the story of them being small town/time racers trying to compete has come and gone. Sure they have stayed mostly true to their roots, but their youtube numbers/income has made them anything but vastly underfuneded. They have very good equipment and resources at their disposal. They could use more but what team couldn't? They also had that bad split with their dad behind the scenes due to their success. I WAY more enjoyed the older videos of them at the big shop at his house working on the cars along with others like Troy and Michael. Troy still pops in time-to-time but now its purely the 3 J's (Jonathan, Joseph, and Jessie) which I get. Those 3 are the stars.
    Last edited by weatherman85; 08-23-2021 at 11:51 AM.

Hollis Farms is twice as big as Old #7. He actually had a pretty decent following before HTF came on board. First "BIG" racing vlog channel I ever came across.

Can you imagine the cash that Bloomer could make for a behind the scenes "Hunt the Front' type channel? Come on Cody get on it!

Same could be said for the 32 team. Hot Moms and dirt track drama!

Jon Henry was the first Dirt Late model driver I remember that had a good youtube channel. He didn't give much behind the scenes but he did have 2 cameras and gave a voiceover during his races. I think it was just too much time for him to keep up with racing.