Default Kokomo Speedway “Smackdown”

Awesome 3 day show for USAC non wing sprinters. $15,000 to win and $1,500 to start. Thursday the 26th thru Saturday the 28th. There is a reason they call it “Indiana’s baddest bullring”, hope everyone comes and they are hooked!! http://www.usacracing.com/component/...mo-smackdown-x

Smackdown is one of the finest run and one of the most entertaining events of the season. The folks who run Kokomo Speedway do as good of a job as anyone and better than 99% of the rest!

We'll be there with bells on. Wouldn't miss it!

if anyone happens to hear what sprinter TMez will be in I would really appreciate it. he drove the 47 last year but was in the Yeley #2 for Indiana Sprint week. thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomerdirtking View Post
    if anyone happens to hear what sprinter TMez will be in I would really appreciate it. he drove the 47 last year but was in the Yeley #2 for Indiana Sprint week. thanks in advance.
    Haven't yet heard what car Meseraull will be piloting at Kokomo.

The #2 "Cactus" Jack Yeley car was uncharacteristically troublesome for T-Mez during ISW this year. Meseraull didn't have any top ten's and didn't make the A-main 2 or 3 times.

T-Mez is always good at Kokomo if he has good stuff under him.

Very much looking forward to seeing Emerson Axsom drop the hammer on the CMR #39 Driven to save Lives now that opportunity has presented itself. Beautiful piece and the kid has the talent to make this work imo.

You're correct, Bloomerdirtking. Any car Tim Clauson has anything to do with is going to be a piece capable of winning and Axsom has shown he has the skills, talent and stones to mash the gas with the best of 'em!!

While this race kicks some major butt I so very much disagree CIRF'S statement that this race is run better than 99% then every other race in the United States. Nope, no way, not factually correct unless it is by opinion only.

I will watch with so much glee this event as a good non sprint is some very good stuff.

I really like this Logan Seavey kid.

LMM

Feature over by 9:30 that is one very well run event. I may be bias but i think they do a tremendous job there at Kokomo. They are so efficient they did the track prep for the BC39 last week at IMS. That was one helluva show and the next three nights should be on par. Emerson was super solid and the right fit for that team imo. I will be back around noonish tomorrow ready for more. #GYATK

Whether a racing event is well run is a purely arbitrary conclusion. Of the events I have attended more than once The Chili Bowl prelim nights are the only shows that I consider to be managed better that the big events at Kokomo. There undoubtedly are events that rival Kokomo's big shows but I haven't attended them so they don't count. At least not to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomerdirtking View Post
    if anyone happens to hear what sprinter TMez will be in I would really appreciate it.
    Simon Racing 23S, he won feature #1 in the same car at Gas City last Friday.

Thanks Lurker i did see that last night. I was hoping he was gonna be in it or get another shot in the 47. I was wanting to see him in something competitive.

Bloomerdirtking, T-Mez and the owner of the #47 car parted way amicably a while back is what he told me. The #00 is his own car but is down on HP to run competitively with USAC.

Spoke with yesterday and all is well. The 2 car of Cactus Jack spent the day on the dyno Wednesday and made big power so he seemed very encouraged. He also said CJ was looking at a another car also.

Justin Grant is your Smackdown champ. It was a scorcher, the racing as well as the weather. 104 heat index last 2 days. I can’t wait for next year’s Smackdown #11.

Smackdown has quickly become one of the biggest and best wingless sprint car events in the country. Barring something completely unforeseen Smackdown will be the preeminent wingless 410 event in the country for the foreseeable future. It's a tough ticket now and will only get tougher as the years go by.

Even the Saturday afternoon racing was well above average and both Friday and Saturday night's action was near epic.

Really glad Cole Bodine is okay. He took a nasty tumble and thankfully he has nothing more than a contusion on the index finger that required a few stitches.

That was a big time hit. I sit in B and it was in front of me and the RF that went airborne hit to my right in section A. He was knocked out when it landed upright his head was hanging down and i was saying to myself “oh sh!t”. Tickled to death to see him come to and walk to the ambulance. To me Max and Cole were two dudes hanging it out and ran out if real estate. I never took either one as being a dirty driver.

Anyone else notice there seemed to be no delay on the big screen in the Turn 5 pub? Found it odd that replays and from the stands or live action was at least 3-4 laps behind when checking in during beer runs out to the parking lot. But hit the pub for a cold one and an A/C. break and it never missed a beat.

Didn't spend any time in the 5th Turn so we weren't aware of the lack of delay in there.