Default RF stack timing ?

Seems like the sooner my stack engages on the rf and the overall rate transitions it creates a positive steer feel into the corner. But in a loose track situation it gives a loose unstable entry because the rr just isnt tight enough. This is all assuming similar loads thru travel. But using different combos such as conventional spring to start but then stacks that lock at 3 inches and then some that lock out at 4 or 4.25. Is their some relation to this that better explains ?

I don't know what springs your using or what your car is supposed to travel but locking out at 3" or later is way too late. Let's say you have a common stack like 150/450 and you ride height is 700# that initial sorting rate is 112 #so at 3" of travel you only have 1036# of load and at 4" you have 1486#. For most chassis that I'm familiar with that is about the worst case scenario range for a super slow slick condition. I recommend smashing or figuring out what your loads are in your desired travel range with your linear spring rate that your happy with then adjusting your stack to yield similar load rates and start their. You should be into your secondary spring through all of your typical travel range. Ex. If you travel 3-4" your stack should be in by 2-3/4". If it's coming in to late you need less secondary spring rate. If it's too early you need more.

Xr1 travel 5 inches

Quote Originally Posted by sidewinder69 View Post
    Xr1 travel 5 inches
    That sounds like a bit much for xr1, as far as target travel. You might get that on a garage floor, but on the track with tire smash...
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1