Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

There are a lot of indoor events starting to require vaccine. I'd say that hurts your fan count for a dirt track event.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wide View Post
    It's a real shame they are not going to run that 45 mph race.
    Quote Originally Posted by 50Dixon50 View Post
    You sir apparently don't even know what good competitive racing is all about
    The slow speeds don't bother me nearly as much as the carnage that comes from an extremely rough racing surface. Tearing up massive amounts of equipment is never good...

Quote Originally Posted by Action10 View Post
    The slow speeds don't bother me nearly as much as the carnage that comes from an extremely rough racing surface. Tearing up massive amounts of equipment is never good...
    Agreed. The fact teams bring a "junker", isn't good.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wide View Post
    It's a real shame they are not going to run that 45 mph race.
    Its dirt track racing in December, its better than having no racing. And its usually still pretty entertaining.

The thieves in St. Louis are going to be disappointed. They steal a couple of pickup trucks and a trailer or two every year and if this thing doesn't happen they're year ending income will likely come in under expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    The thieves in St. Louis are going to be disappointed. They steal a couple of pickup trucks and a trailer or two every year and if this thing doesn't happen they're year ending income will likely come in under expectations.
    They have had free housing and extra handouts to lean on this year they will be fine
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

I checked with somebody that would know a couple weeks back and was told as of then it was still a go.

However lack of information and covid "supposedly" making a comeback I still have my doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Uncle Sam hooked them up with extra cash this year to stay home and not work more than they already don’t work…....they should be good.

I applaud your concern for the well-being of gen-lazy….that’s pretty cool.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Alot of guys here who sure hate racing. According to Gordy Gundaker, the race is on. I heard it directly from him

We attended the prelim nights the first year this event was in existence. We enjoyed our experience but the cost to attend is a little high considering the product on display. We haven't attended since they began the midget invitational portion but it would seem that the track would be more conducive to entertaining racing by the smaller cars.

The Gateway promoter scheduled the midget invitational directly against an indoor midget show located less than 1 1/2 hours east of St. Louis and essentially killed that long standing pre-Christmas event and we were disappointed by it's demise.

The combination of the midgets, DLM's and mods appeals to a fairly wide spectrum of dirt race fan so it's good that it's going to resume after a year off.

As of 2020 St. Louis has the highest per capita murder rate of any city in America with a population of more that 100,000 and the overall crime rate is also near the top, so yeah, it's a bit of a $hithole!!

Default Bbq

(Uncle Sam hooked them up with extra cash this year to stay home and not work more than they already don’t work…....they should be good.

I applaud your concern for the well-being of gen-lazy….that’s pretty cool.)

Every generation has their lazy POS’s and those that say back in my day. It’s every generation has turds. There’s no more or less than there was, just now there’s social media. A lot of the guys I like working with are in the 24-40ish range.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

This year i want to go to Ferguson while i"m there. Pretty historic site I want to see.

Personally talked to Cody at Eldora and he said Gateway is a go, however everyone will be wearing masks 100% of the time while your indoors.

Quote Originally Posted by bullring View Post
    This year i want to go to Ferguson while i"m there. Pretty historic site I want to see.
    Litey's trailer? 😃

Quote Originally Posted by 50Dixon50 View Post
    You sir apparently don't even know what good competitive racing is all about
    I like a little speed to go with my racing.

Quote Originally Posted by RacerZ View Post
    Litey's trailer? 
    Trippy McSidewalk boulevard, lol……..
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????