Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Dirt on Dirt - Drama

I don’t like drama in my life but DoD is really dropping the ball not covering the Madden-Pierce feud. Not one microphone stuck in Madden or Pierces face after the race. No quotes from anyone. You want stories, clicks, people talking about your sport to grow it and you got nothing out there and there’s so much here.

It’s on there. Madden refused comment and Pierce is writing it off as another one of his “racing deals…”

Unless you’ve driven in a dirt track race yourself, you don’t understand how things can happen quickly. Having said that...it DID look pretty crappy what the 32 did. No doubt. Good for the 44 car for not popping off in an interview. That’s very hard not to pop off after you get dumped. It never does any good anyway.

ole madden was trying to take his line to a point hanging on, bobby had a good run , less than 10 laps to go too, while i agree he was dumped but it was go time to try and win, but if he keeps this up i can see a big win taken away because someone does it to him, I'm sure everyone knows how he drives by now

He was mad because he jumped the cushion a few laps before and took it out on Madden.
    Last edited by NeedforLM$peed; 08-29-2021 at 11:08 AM.
    2021 race count
    6 events

waaac77 is correct. A large part of the allure of dirt late model racing to it's fans is the drama resulting from drivers crashing each other and the dirt late model specific media absolutely should put a great deal of emphasis on the drama side of the sport. It's what gets the fans interested and excited!

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    waaac77 is correct. A large part of the allure of dirt late model racing to it's fans is the drama resulting from drivers crashing each other and the dirt late model specific media absolutely should put a great deal of emphasis on the drama side of the sport. It's what gets the fans interested and excited!
    I don't think pandering to the lunatic fringe is good business.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Madden conserved his stuff to have a chance to win at the end. Pierce wore his stuff out starting on lap one. By lap 60 he was hustling a worn out piece, driving over his head, like somebody who has never had to work for what he has. “A racing deal”? Maybe in Bomber class, but not at the top level of the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I don't think pandering to the lunatic fringe is good business.
    Really? Not good business?

I couldn't agree more with the sentiment that good, hard clean racing should draw the most attention and passionate interest but that isn't reality. The most popular and most participated threads right here and social media traffic show what creates the most passionate interest and excitement. It's clearly apparent. The on track-off track drama is what gets fan interest heightened. Good hard, clean and exciting racing doesn't incite nearly the passionate interest that one dirt late model driver taking out another driver and the ensuing fist fight in the pits does. It's part of what the sport was grown upon and evolved from whether it be NASCAR Cup or a hornet heat race at a 1/4 mile dirt track.

The incident at the 1997 Dream is nearly a quarter century in the past and it still will evoke sizable fan reaction. The 1979 Daytona 500 happened nearly 45 years ago and the last lap and ensuing fist fight is still considered the seminal moment in the rise of NASCAR popularity.

Not good for business? Riiiiiiight!

DoD loves Bobby so they won’t expose him for the sh!tang he is

Quote Originally Posted by Illstate32 View Post
    JohnE nails it !!! 
    He normally does…….
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Really? Not good business?

I couldn't agree more with the sentiment that good, hard clean racing should draw the most attention and passionate interest but that isn't reality. The most popular and most participated threads right here and social media traffic show what creates the most passionate interest and excitement. It's clearly apparent. The on track-off track drama is what gets fan interest heightened. Good hard, clean and exciting racing doesn't incite nearly the passionate interest that one dirt late model driver taking out another driver and the ensuing fist fight in the pits does. It's part of what the sport was grown upon and evolved from whether it be NASCAR Cup or a hornet heat race at a 1/4 mile dirt track.

The incident at the 1997 Dream is nearly a quarter century in the past and it still will evoke sizable fan reaction. The 1979 Daytona 500 happened nearly 45 years ago and the last lap and ensuing fist fight is still considered the seminal moment in the rise of NASCAR popularity.

Not good for business? Riiiiiiight!
    There is a such thing as a vocal minority. More noise doesn't mean more people are interested.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Thanks for running 4m in to the ground..Was a great site...Hope these dump Fuks don't find out about the other racing site...Its is great...Glade to have a racing site that is about racing and not about bad mouthing drivers. I like all the drivers and the sport. Illstate32 you are the biggest piece of (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) in this site. If you would like i would be glad to meet you at a race and you can explain to me why you are such a dik. I will pay your ticket. Don't expect a reply on here from me..I don't play games. Messaage me i will reply there you dik..

There is a such thing as a vocal minority. More noise doesn't mean more people are interested.
    Kamala Harris would agree with this right about now.

Internet hair pulling………cool, popcorn is in the microwave.

I would just like to know what it feels like to never ever be in the wrong…..ever.

Young bob is that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    He was mad because he jumped the cushion a few laps before and took it out on Madden.
    My thoughts too.
    I hate time trials.

Just a hard racing deal.........except for you trailer racers!

And yes, im one of lil Boobies harshest critics!

We're not talking about vocal's here. We're talking interest as a whole. You can down play the significance of drama on overall interest but an on track altercation with a physical confrontation afterwards spikes interest. It's undeniable. Bowman Gray Stadium is a prime example. I realize BGS isn't dirt late models but the interest is the same.

DLM fans love it and there is plenty of evidence to back it up every time someone gets dumped or a slider goes wrong............or right depending on your point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Just a hard racing deal.........except for you trailer racers!And yes, im one of lil Boobies harshest critics!
    Well put ! ! ! ! Good hard Saturday night dirt racing at its finest. We have become too sissified and snowflaked as a society to remember when most all races were rough and tumble events. Anymore it's always something to cry about, too dusty, too rough, restart cone etc. Back in the day we just showed up anywhere and raced with what we had. Conditions were same for everybody.